It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: "Illegal Alien" in Custody For Mollie Tibbetts' Death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yes ... you can be an illegal immigrant. If you move yourself to another country and live there in defiance of their immigration laws, then you are living there illegally much like if you move into a house you do not have any legal right to be in, you are living in it illegally.

This person had not followed the legal procedures to establish legal residency in this country, so he was an illegal resident.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've been following this story, daily, on FOX for weeks...BEFORE her body was found and BEFORE anyone knew whom may have killed her.

It has been an ongoing topic on FOX, daily.
For weeks, authorities were interviewing a pig farmer and digging up the guy's property.
I've seen her family and boyfriend many times on FOX shows...pleading for information...pleading to possible abductor(s) for her release and, against all likelihood, expressing hope she may still be alive.

Coverage of this poor girl's disappearance has been ongoing...perhaps because, without a body being found, a small hope still existed that she may yet be found alive.

There was MORE continuous coverage of this young woman's mysterious disappearance...than there is now that her body has been found and an "illegal alien" has been arrested for her murder.

NOW...the MSM seems more interested on reporting on the BROTHER of a republican candidate for Iowa Secretary Of Agriculture...BECAUSE, after government vetting, a prominent local republican's BROTHER hired the illegal alien.

The larger question as to WHY this illegal alien was allowed in the country at all, is given little to no attention in the MSM.
edit on 22-8-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

"Immigrants here illegally" = "illegal immigrants"

I think you should keep playing word games to unsubtly imply everyone's real objection to illegal immigration is racism. It shows how dishonest you are.

Keep chanting "People aren't illegal" to reinforce to the dimwitted that everyone's objection is to the legitimacy of their humanity or personhood, and not their illegal behaviour.
edit on 22-8-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I think your perception is wrong about this being subtle racism by using the term "illegal immigrant". I think it has nothing whatsoever to do with racism. I think it is more an expression of anger that this lawlessness has been allowed to go on so long in our immigration policies.

In other words, people that have been harmed in some way by the influx of people entering our country through improper channels are mad and want it stopped. 'Undocumented' just doesn't say it.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It is a 100% about illegal behaviour, not race. But that won't stop the "sober-minded" about us from using hackneyed slogans like "People can't be illegal" to imply you are a racist if you are against illegal immigration.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Sorry. I meant my post to be a reply to Sorbacchus.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ladies please don't go out in public with out your pepper / mace/ coyote spray. Jog on a tread mill or at the high school track with another person present. They could be sitting down In a lawn chair. Just don't go alone. Don't trust people. Shorter girls need to be even more vigilant about their where abouts. Learn self defense. My short sister in law has a gun in her purse. She has a permit. Another short friend carries a gun and says if you shoot someone unload the gun into them. I am over 5' 10 "and over 220 lbs so I would be trouble. I was raised to be more like a man. These girlie girls need to stop and think what and where they are and watch what they wear. Men can be pigs. I bought my niece pepper spray and told her to never jog where my brother lives in the ghetto rental house he has been robbed twice at. He moved into a rental house after a divorce and still is there a decade later. OMG! Families need to be protective of their women. It is a serious issue being safe.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

NOW...the MSM seems more interested on reporting on the BROTHER of a republican candidate for Iowa Secretary Of Agriculture...BECAUSE, after government vetting, a prominent local republican's BROTHER hired the illegal alien.

It was the family farm.

There is no evidence yet that this Republican actually used e-verify.

All we have is him saying so. I want to see the evidence. Not too much to ask.

My bet is, just like Trump's construction projects, this GOPer complained about illegal immigrants while his farm employed tons of them driving the demand for them to come here.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Build a wall now to prevent future innocent American deaths. It's a no-brainer.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That's ridiculous.

That's like saying taking firearms away from people will prevent future innocent American deaths.

While it could be true, you stifle freedoms in the process and it does nothing to change the real cause of this travesty...the intent in that man's heart.
edit on 22-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It was the family farm.

FYI: It was the BROTHER'S farm.
The republican politician did NOT own a stake in the farm.
Yet the connection must be agonizingly made by the MSM.

My liberal sister owns a farm.
Does that make me automatically involved in what she does on it?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Craig's son and brother are said to be the owners.

MSM claiming ownership by association, it seems.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Whatever works to push the MSM narrative.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

But be sure to leave a door in it so the rich can still get the cheap labor they want.

And by the way, the dastardly MSM isn't saying it's a GOP Politician but rather a 'leading GOP family'. Seems accurate to me.

edit on 22-8-2018 by jtma508 because: mo' stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The reports I have seen show that the company is owned "in part by Craig Lang".

whotv.com...

Whether it is true or not is quite irrelevant at this point, except to highlight political hypocrisy, and I hope that people do not make a big deal out of it. Whether or not he owns part of the farm does not have anything to do with what this man did.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

But be sure to leave a door in it so the rich can still get the cheap labor they want.

And by the way, the dastardly MSM isn't saying it's a GOP Politician but rather a 'leading GOP family'. Seems accurate to me.

Pedos, Drug Traffickers and the DNC want their own doors too.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Now it is being reported that they made a mistake in claiming they used e-Verify.

However, Yarrabee Farms co-owner and manager Dane Lang clarified Tuesday afternoon that the farm did not use a federal E-Verify check on suspect Cristhian Rivera, despite the company's claim earlier in the day that it did.

Lang said Rivera provided a state-issued photo identification and social security card. “We learned that our employee was not who he said he is.”

More clarification in this article:

Farm that hired Cristhian Rivera, Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer, did not use E-Verify system, official says

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As far as a Republican maybe owning this farm

First so what, I don’t like making this political anyways

And even if it is a republican, I haven’t seen proof he knew this man was illegal

But....

Yeah let’s not kid ourselves

Republican and democrats have encouraged open borders

That’s why the problem has became so massive

I am for punishing business owners that knowingly hire illegals

I am for holding the republicans accountable that like the cheap labor

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It doesn't make much of a difference whether or not they used the everify system. It isn't very effective to begin with.

But there is already a massive knee-jerk reaction in the works over this, and I suspect a slight change in the system will be coming very quickly.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

More clarification needed:

Identity fraud is the most common way illegal immigrants and "unscrupulous employers" try to thwart the system, said Jessica Vaughan, the director of policy studies for the Center for Immigration Studies.

While the details regarding how Rivera may have gamed the system remain unclear, Vaughan said many of the cases prosecuted in the past have seen an illegal immigrant simply purchase fraudulent identities.

“There have been cases of inmates selling their identities because they are incarcerated and don’t need them,” she said.

In one Massachusetts case, a hiring manager actually had an agreement with an identity vendor across the street who would help any illegal immigrant receive an identity that would pass muster, Vaughan said.

“They would send them across the street and tell them to come back later,” she said.

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join