It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Kingdom has been created and it is out there

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: SprocketUK

Whoa... now, I have not yet seen Thor: Ragnarok, which is what I assume that clip is from.

Don't. C'est merde.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Aye, but it doesn't MEAN anything yet.

Let me explain. Lets say you, me, and... Seth Green, all love camping out in a rough cabin in the woods, but we haven't got one. One day, we all happen to be in the same bar, and we get chatting about our passion. Now, we might, if drunk enough, and feeling comfortable with one anothers company, get to back of a napkin calculating what it would cost each of us, to purchase materials and a small amount of woodland, and get a cabin built we could all use.

But unless the materials have been purchased, the land leased or purchased, and work begun on physically erecting the structure, its meaning up until that point is NOTHING. Its an idea on its own, with no real world implications at all, until the materials start being purchased, and work begins on building something. Until then, all it amounts to is some pie in the sky idea that we had while drunk, even if there is a plan, because a plan which is not acted upon, has no effect on the world. No, until the walls go up and the roof goes on, what we have is some crap to talk about around the table.

Now, WHEN the plan moves on to the physical creation, THEN you can say things mean something. Put another way, once upon a time, someone came up with the idea to build the Spitfire. Before they did any mechanical work at all, before they even picked up a tool, they had sketched out the parts in some detail... but unless they went ahead and put the parts together, those schematics would have meant nothing. As it is, they helped smash the bastard sky Nazis rather handily, but only because someone actually physically built them. That is when they attained meaning, not before.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh really? I had a feeling.

Something about that hair cut doesn't sit right with me!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You mean places like the Westboro Baptist Church?

Stuff living in that kind of kingdom. LoL

Not saying organized religious practice does not have its place, but that place is in the past.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: musicismagic
If you've been to church recently, a new kingdom awaits you at the stairs of the church.

Yep and their tax system is more or less voluntary as long as it is around 10%.. The 10% gives you a clear conscience supposedly and makes the church and god happy if I remember correctly.. It has been over 60 ? years since I sat foot in a church as I am not a sky-fairy kinda guy...

Been to a Buddhist temple a few times for wedding etc etc.. When my wife goes to Temple I go to the Temple of Golf and the whole neighborhood knows it.. hahaha.

Actually tiething for Christians IS voluntary. Says in the Bible you give what you can that won't cause you hardship.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Said book also suggests, non-virgins are to be stoned(not in a good way), giving birth to a daughter makes you unclean for 66 days(poor Mary), and that no bastards may enter the church(plenty of priests about).

So its kind of open to interpretation of all sorts really, and when taken literally can be downright dangerous.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Said book also suggests, non-virgins are to be stoned(not in a good way), giving birth to a daughter makes you unclean for 66 days(poor Mary), and that no bastards may enter the church(plenty of priests about).

So its kind of open to interpretation of all sorts really, and when taken literally can be downright dangerous.

Ahem thos e are laws for the ISRAELITES/hebrews. OT law is not used on NT christians. the BIBLE is 2 books In one package for CONVENIENCE. NT christians have 3 things to do,and those arent listed.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Two books about two different entities or just one entity with a severe personality dysfunction nevermind massive inferiority complex?

New testament old testament, plenty of countless millions have died for the ideologies contained within said book.

Take Deuteronomy 17 for instance.

"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Sounds like a licence to kill in the name of god if ever there was one.

With us Christians it seldom ends well for the other team, just saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's funny but not surprising.

I never had any good experiences with church when I used to attend either.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hiya TB.
Is there not something interesting about contemplating one's own micro-nation?

But yet: how to declare it? How to defend it?

Can we make stamps for collectors?

Fancy titles and uniforms, and perhaps even a national anthem?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This had been around for a few years now. I've been a "citizen" basically since day one. So far it's consisted of nothing but me getting the occasional email. I am running for mayor now though. True story.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
This had been around for a few years now. I've been a "citizen" basically since day one. So far it's consisted of nothing but me getting the occasional email. I am running for mayor now though. True story.

Wow the first Asgardian I have ever said, "Hello" !!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Yes, I can see how that would be fun, but if that is the sort of fun you want to have, why not simply play a game where the intention is for you and some chums to build and declare a nation, in a table top RPG, or a private server game of some sort?

That way, you don't end up in a confused situation where you are claiming you are starting a space city, but actually you are just brainstorming and wasting peoples time on something that is not happening. That is all Asgardia will ever be, until something gets launched and the thing starts construction. Thats my point. Sealand is legit, Asgardia is nonsense.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
2 minutes into video is that Lembit Öpik, if so then its already on strange grounds

In May 2009 The Daily Telegraph published details of Öpik's parliamentary expenses claims. It showed that in 2008–2009 Öpik claimed £23,083 in second home allowances out of public funds, including various items of furniture and a £40 summons charge for non-payment of Council Tax. Öpik told the Telegraph "I am willing to pay back the £40" but did not offer to repay anything else. The Telegraph also outlined a rejected expense claim Öpik attempted to make for £2,499 for a plasma screen television, after which he bought a TV costing £750.[17][18]

Öpik has been involved in the "space nation" of Asgardia[48][49] where he is chairman of the Asgardian parliament.

edit on 21-8-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Oh Jesus... well, thats a nail in the coffin for that particular venture. I think I would rather saw off my right leg with a rusty tenon saw, than be involved in anything that sleazeball has to do with.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

Whoa... now, I have not yet seen Thor: Ragnarok, which is what I assume that clip is from.

However, it must be firmly and totally understood that the comic book version of Asgard, and indeed the entire concept of the Asgardian culture depicted in the comic book and the films attached thereto, is deliberately and quite thoroughly NOT related in the slightest fashion, to the old world religion of the Norse peoples of old.

It features like names, even like likenesses, but as for the structure and how things work within the culture concerned, totally and completely different in every respect. Always has been, and always will be. It is not dispossessing the Odinic cultures of their religious narrative at all. Its a work of fiction, and this has come up time and again since Thor was first introduced to the comic book scene, resulting in the precise same discussion.

And lets face it, comic books have drawn from the religious beliefs and mythologies of countless cultures over the years, from the depictions of various characters familiar to Christians, Buddhists, those involved in maintaining ancient Greek and Roman traditions, and a whole host more. If you want an example of a serious mishmash, that draws inspiration from, without actually assuming the identity of a whole HEAP of religions at once, look at the Lucifer comics, circa 2000. Those went pretty much from pillar to post, with personifications of nearly all the Tarot cards, biblical characters, Japanese inspired figures of myth, various angels and fallen angels, elements of Irish folklore, dribs and drabs of ancient Mesopotamian here and there, splashings of occultisms from every regional school of thought on the issue, all given the comic book treatment.

Its not dispossessing anyone of anything, and in fact, I know of plenty of people who had comic books as a gateway to a deeper interest and eventual understanding (after great volumes of research), of the actual mythos and beliefs attached to the ancient Norse and Northern European beliefs, as a result of seeing comic books based thereon.

TLDR

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wasn't there already one created on the ocean?

Floating Nation

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If you've been to church recently, a new kingdom awaits you at the stairs of the church.

Or in any game of Dungeons and Dragons.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Unbelievable...

Why are you a member here if you cannot be bothered to read a post of that length? Wasting your time by being here is your problem, but if that is really your attitude, then you are wasting everyone elses time as well, and that is not acceptable.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

Unbelievable...

Why are you a member here if you cannot be bothered to read a post of that length? Wasting your time by being here is your problem, but if that is really your attitude, then you are wasting everyone elses time as well, and that is not acceptable.

Holy crap dude, lighten up!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join