It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Kingdom has been created and it is out there

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered what the first space Kingdom/nation would be called ?

With a declaration and just about as much fanfare as they could muster Asgardia has been born. You can become a citizen of this constitutional monarchy as long as you swear to the Asgardia charter/constitution. IMO for better or worse it is a pure form of technocracy and no, this thread is no joke.. Right now it appears to me to be nothing more than a digital kingdom but, you gotta admit Asgardia is a catchy name and a bold mission statement.. No political parties for everything is ran by the elite of Asgardia for the common supreme values and good of Asgardia.. Free speech as long as Asgardia agrees with you..

Where have we seen that before ??

I wonder if you become a citizen how much TAXES (denomination/money is called Solar) will be voluntarily required if not now in the future ?... After all space stuff is expensive. Asgardia sounds allot like Asgard of Norse lore where the gods lived to me.

Anyway Just remember when you hear of Asgardia you heard it on ATS first !! hahah

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If you've been to church recently, a new kingdom awaits you at the stairs of the church.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The problem with these virtual worlds is that people get so obsessed with them their "real" lives begin to suffer. There is nothing attractive about the absolutist fantasy.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The sci-fi part of me gets excited about such a thing but also scared. As of right now I see zero benefits from becoming part of such a state. But it is cool to think about.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There's one in my basement too. And I have cookies!

Pay no mind to the shackles.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 20-8-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If you've been to church recently, a new kingdom awaits you at the stairs of the church.

Yep and their tax system is more or less voluntary as long as it is around 10%.. The 10% gives you a clear conscience supposedly and makes the church and god happy if I remember correctly.. It has been over 60 ? years since I sat foot in a church as I am not a sky-fairy kinda guy...

Been to a Buddhist temple a few times for wedding etc etc.. When my wife goes to Temple I go to the Temple of Golf and the whole neighborhood knows it.. hahaha.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Here is the rub.

Until or unless Asgardia becomes a physical Kingdom, where people can actually build lives, loves and families, a city of some manner at least, it will have no real importance at all, save for as a cause to rally round and a thing to discuss. That is not to say it will have no value or importance period, because having a cause and a thing to discuss, or a digital space in which to commune is not without value, not at all. We benefit from that much here. But there remains no real kingdom, until there is a physical manifestation of it. When they have a station large enough to support a small city, maybe they will have a point to make and a flag to wave. Till then, its all just pissing into a gale if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Yes. Titheylvania.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's all good fun, but they are not a sovereign nation and have no recognition. A new authoritarian Kingdom run and funded by a Russian billionaire. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
"Join my cult! Give me money!"
The easily led:
"Ok."

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 20-8-2018 by wylekat because: doubled up

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Asgardia? Methinks someone has watched too much Thor.
edit on 20-8-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the old "Sealand" idea. Though that was far more realised than I think this will be.

A kingdom without a place of existence is really, more of a club you can be a member of, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
A kingdom without a place of existence is really, more of a club you can be a member of, isn't it?

Thor again:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I detest that awful mishmash of a film. Way to utterly disposess a religion of it's own narrative.

The evil sister looked pretty hot though, I gotta say.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

There's one in my basement too. And I have cookies!

Pay no mind to the shackles.

Funny you mentioned that. Being in the military at the time I went back at Christmas and attended church. Well I told the pastor I only had 20 bucks he took me downstairs with my girlfriend and opened the safe and gave me 2 10's, I said can you break it , he did , he gave me 2 fives, I said can you break the fives, he gave me five singles, I gave him one buck and never went back to that church and I did lose my girlfriend too.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Whoa... now, I have not yet seen Thor: Ragnarok, which is what I assume that clip is from.

However, it must be firmly and totally understood that the comic book version of Asgard, and indeed the entire concept of the Asgardian culture depicted in the comic book and the films attached thereto, is deliberately and quite thoroughly NOT related in the slightest fashion, to the old world religion of the Norse peoples of old.

It features like names, even like likenesses, but as for the structure and how things work within the culture concerned, totally and completely different in every respect. Always has been, and always will be. It is not dispossessing the Odinic cultures of their religious narrative at all. Its a work of fiction, and this has come up time and again since Thor was first introduced to the comic book scene, resulting in the precise same discussion.

And lets face it, comic books have drawn from the religious beliefs and mythologies of countless cultures over the years, from the depictions of various characters familiar to Christians, Buddhists, those involved in maintaining ancient Greek and Roman traditions, and a whole host more. If you want an example of a serious mishmash, that draws inspiration from, without actually assuming the identity of a whole HEAP of religions at once, look at the Lucifer comics, circa 2000. Those went pretty much from pillar to post, with personifications of nearly all the Tarot cards, biblical characters, Japanese inspired figures of myth, various angels and fallen angels, elements of Irish folklore, dribs and drabs of ancient Mesopotamian here and there, splashings of occultisms from every regional school of thought on the issue, all given the comic book treatment.

Its not dispossessing anyone of anything, and in fact, I know of plenty of people who had comic books as a gateway to a deeper interest and eventual understanding (after great volumes of research), of the actual mythos and beliefs attached to the ancient Norse and Northern European beliefs, as a result of seeing comic books based thereon.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Lol. Yeah sure a kingdom of control, ludicrous lies, and oppression.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't think so. You can't create a nation without any thought or effort, hashing it out now is intuitive and necessary

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join