It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
She's an actress, she lies for a living. She's also a sexual predator and a hypocrite of epic proportions. She should face the same onslaught as Weinstein. Even more so. Hypocrites...…..need a good cliff to be pushed off of.

Yeah, but because of patriarchy it’s not the same....

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Eh nah, we have to end the double standards.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

What does that have anything to do with her saying to be gentle with Asia because more facts will come out?

Simply that it was not her first response...which was to say that her 'heart was broken'. If you are going to offer her up to be judged, at least provide the full story.
The innate hypocrisy revealed in the Argenta story can't be argued. But using it to disparage the whole movement certainly can be.

I havent seen anyone using this to discredit the whole movement.

Well, fer starters...

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What do expect from pound me too?
Sorry #metoo
The hypocrisy of the human race cannot be understated.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What does that have anything to do with her saying to be gentle with Asia because more facts will come out?

Simply that it was not her first response...which was to say that her 'heart was broken'. If you are going to offer her up to be judged, at least provide the full story.
The innate hypocrisy revealed in the Argenta story can't be argued. But using it to disparage the whole movement certainly can be.

I havent seen anyone using this to discredit the whole movement.

Well, fer starters...

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What do expect from pound me too?
Sorry #metoo
The hypocrisy of the human race cannot be understated.

K, you found one poster making a joke, I hardly think that qualifies as discrediting the whole movement.

Should i protest that all male victims are being mocked and ignored cause one user on here made a joke about this potential victim in the op?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Eh nah, we have to end the double standards.

It wouldn't have been me doing it, I would have added her to the rotation.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you want to believe that anyone with an erection must have wanted it and therefore couldnt be assaulted, thats fine by me.

I don't believe everyone does, but I believe this guy did.

yeah me too.

he may not have wanted it if it were mama june but asia argento is a dime piece.
he was 17.
he dont want what she is giving?

its possible. sure.
as a male myself who was once 17 i find it unlikely.

this dude got a blowie, some sexuals and 380k.

380k can buy a lot more blowies.

im making some jokes cause that is what i do but though i have nothing to go on except being a guy i tend to think he was not forced. he would be the rare gem of a man if he had to be forced at 17.
i think we call can agree on that.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you want to believe that anyone with an erection must have wanted it and therefore couldnt be assaulted, thats fine by me.

I don't believe everyone does, but I believe this guy did.

yeah me too.

he may not have wanted it if it were mama june but asia argento is a dime piece.
he was 17.

its possible. sure.
as a male myself who was once 17 i find it unlikely.

this dude got a blowie, some sexuals and 380k.

380k can buy a lot more blowies.

im making some jokes cause that is what i do but though i have nothing to go on except being a guy i tend to think he was not forced. he would be the rare gem of a man if he had to be forced at 17.
i think we call can agree on that.

he was a minor.
if the genders are reversed and it's a 17 year old girl with a 37 year old man you still think it's okay?
would she be expected to use the 380k on lady blowies? because if a 17 year old male can consent why not a 17 year old female?

if society thinks 17 year olds can consent to sex with an older person (male or female) then society should change the laws.

i know that if it had been a 37 year old harvey weinstein and a 17 year old actress, this thread would read a whole lot different.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
if the genders are reversed and it's a 17 year old girl with a 37 year old man you still think it's okay?

Sure, and actually, 40 other states agree.

if society thinks 17 year olds can consent to sex with an older person (male or female) then society should change the laws.

There are only 10 states in the US where 17 year olds can't consent. 8 where they can and the rest are ok with 16 year olds consenting.
edit on 20-8-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The point is the 17 year old is saying he did not consent, regardless of what the age of consent law says.

Now it could very well be that this is just a money making scheme on his part.

But the fact is that had a 17 year old girl, or for that matter a girl of any age claimed later that sex she had was not consensual, I doubt people would be so quick to jump on the "Eh come on she wanted it! She had an orgasm! All 17 year old girls want laid!" band wagon.

Again, I dont care that people did that, just showing the double standard.

And I can prove that in general I am right.

Because the entire allegations about weinstein from people like asia are that they slept with him, then for sometimes decades proceeded to have professional careers with him, making millions of dollars. And I dont see many serious people saying "Hey she wanted to get laid, all young chicks do!"

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Me personally, I wouldn't have narc'd on her.

I think he was hurting for $$ as his music career wasn't much of a career.
On another note..how did she "force" him to get an erection?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Me personally, I wouldn't have narc'd on her.

Again, I cant believe I am the one having to say this.

But just because someone gets an erection doesnt mean they werent forced.

If a girl has an orgasm when raped, does that mean she was asking for it and wasnt raped?

Of course not.

Same thing with guys.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The post that subfab was replying to said that it is not believable that that 17 year old didn't consent. That is an opinion and if it had been a 17 year old girl with a pretty good looking b list male actor that they had texted and posted selfies with, all touchy-feely, then my opinion would be the same. Hard to believe that they did not consent.

Subfab also brought out what society thinks and changing laws which is why I mentioned the different ages of consent around the US.
edit on 20-8-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I hear you and am not criticizing you.

I am just saying we live in a society where you can basically say in this situation "That guy probably wanted it" and mostly you wont catch too much flak.

However, if you were to look at Asia, and the fcat she continued to work with weinstein and made millions of doolars, and said she probably was willing to have sex for her career, you would risk public outrage at denying this womans claims of sexual abuse and rape.

Heck, we even have people questiong rather a guy with an erection can be assualted.

None of it makes me think anyone saying any of this stuff is bad; i am not easily offended.

I am just sayin, in general there is adouble standard.

And I also posted an article from a metoo movement who did condemn asia, and said men as vcitims should be heard.

So I am not trying to call anyone out, just pointing out what I think are general double standards and when people dont engage in them.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Sure, and actually, 40 other states agree.

There are only 10 states in the US where 17 year olds can't consent. 8 where they can and the rest are ok with 16 year olds consenting.

you don't have the whole picture.
what you are describing is the: close in age exception.

A close in age exemption is a law allowing a young person below the age of consent to have lawful sex with an older partner. However, not every jurisdiction has a close in age exemption - see the list at the end of this post. The area where you live, the ages of both the older and younger party, and other factors have a huge effect on the ramifications of violating the age of consent rule. For example, in an area where the age of consent is set at age seventeen with a close in age exemption of four years, a forty year old man with a fifteen year old girl would be illegal, while that same girl could consent to an individual up to age nineteen.

close in age exception

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Grambler

The post that subfab was replying to said that it is not believable that that 17 year old didn't consent. That is an opinion and if it had been a 17 year old girl with a pretty good looking b list male actor that they had texted and posted selfies with, all touchy-feely, then my opinion would be the same. Hard to believe that they did not consent.

Subfab also brought out what society thinks and changing laws which is why I mentioned the different ages of consent around the US.

it is illegal for a 37 year old adult to have sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 18.

there may be legal exceptions but they would be exception not the rule. if there is a link that states it is okay for a 37 year old to have relations with a person under the age of 18, please post the link in this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

you don't have the whole picture.
what you are describing is the: close in age exception.

No, what you quoted says the same thing, "below the age of consent" not at or above the age of consent. At that age the age difference doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

it is illegal for a 37 year old adult to have sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 18.

Not in 40 of the 50 states.

there may be legal exceptions but they would be exception not the rule. if there is a link that states it is okay for a 37 year old to have relations with a person under the age of 18, please post the link in this thread.

You linked it yourself. You are just reading it wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

he was a minor.

Only geographically. If this happened in one of the neighboring states this would be a non-issue.

Society already thinks 16 year olds can in many states.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

That's the $380,000 question.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
he was 17.

I highly doubt he didn't.

Oh, and check your PMs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join