It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse the producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, the culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

This looks pretty damning if true

The nyt is claiming they have seen the documents of Argento a payoff for the assault, and pictures of her with the underage man

Now as always, I feel she should be seen as innocent until proven guilty

But the very movement she helped start, rather by her own willoor not, has routinely claimed accusations alone are all that is needed to declare guilt

This woman had the nerve to tell Hollywood crowds that sexual assault was so pervasive that predators set among them

If this story is true, how right she was as she is one of those predators

I wonder how many people knew of this accusation in Hollywood, but were silent about it because it hurt the metoo narrative?

edit on 20-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Seems to be true, it´s even in german newspapers right now.

I almost spit my coffe on my screen when i read that.

#MeHihihi

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
More do as I say and not as I do bs from Hollywood / the left.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

the accuser asked for 3.5 million in damages, but only got 380k...

I bet if the genders were reversed the settlement amount wouldn't be this disproportionate.

and let's not hold our breath for this news to be plastered on the MSM....

#me3...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
More do as I say and not as I do bs from Hollywood / the left.

People which describe that SJW-, that one million genders-. that political correctnes-, that MeToo etc. BS as left show us one thing:

That they absolutely have no clue about what a left is!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

There will always be those who will jump on the bandwagon at the smell of money,

That should not detract from the real victims ..... and there will be real victims.

#me too!

edit on 20-8-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

It would seem that one second "past" his 17th birthday would mean he was of legal age.
edit on 20-8-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Because one is duplicitous does not nullify the entire movement. It is disgusting and makes Asia a real evil, in several areas, but we cannot discount the many, many who were assaulted and had to hide in shame due to the extreme male buddy sexist environment that persists not only in Hollywood, but modern American/European society.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

It would seem that one second "past" his 17th birthday would mean he was of legal age.

I'm not following you here? One second, or two months, "past" his 17th birthday is still not 18???

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I guess, because of the way our society is, she didn't see what she was doing as exploiting the kid, hell, it's been a thing for years, Mrs Robinson complex.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey
You are absolutely right and I just learned another lesson.

I should never post when I have been up half the night, had little sleep, and forced awake by two screaming 7 week old Siberian Huskies, that set the whole pack off on a howling fest.

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Rewey
You are absolutely right and I just learned another lesson.

I should never post when I have been up half the night, had little sleep, and forced awake by two screaming 7 week old Siberian Huskies, that set the whole pack off on a howling fest.

Thanks for the correction.

Ha - I was trying to work out where I was going wrong!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Of course this doesn’t detract from real victims

What it does show is the danger of condemning people based merely in accusations, and believing all accusers are saints

The truth is we should wait for investigations, because often the situations are far more complicated than initially it seems

Take the Weinstein case

Now my gut feeling is that he is a scumbag and guilt
But Asia here was held up as a beacon of victim hood and moral integrity

Meanwhile she may have been sexually abusing a young man. If that is true, imagine being that man, who not only was sexually abused, but have to watch all of your peers fawn over your abuser as a strong willed powerful fighter who was victimized

The other thing this shows is the hypocrisy of many people who profess to be against abuse whil commuting it (if the case is true)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
She's an actress, she lies for a living. She's also a sexual predator and a hypocrite of epic proportions. She should face the same onslaught as Weinstein. Even more so. Hypocrites...…..need a good cliff to be pushed off of.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What do expect from pound me too?
Sorry #metoo

The hypocrisy of the human race cannot be understated.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
She's an actress, she lies for a living. She's also a sexual predator and a hypocrite of epic proportions. She should face the same onslaught as Weinstein. Even more so. Hypocrites...…..need a good cliff to be pushed off of.

You know that's unlikely to happen.

When teachers do this with their students, everyone secretly thinks the young man should be feeling awesome. It's the whole "hawt teacher" thing. Study how female teachers abusing male students are handled compared to how male teachers abusing female students are handled and we can see how this will pan out.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I would have prayed to Baby Jesus and all the other Jesuses that she predatorized me at 17.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would have prayed to Baby Jesus and all the other Jesuses that she predatorized me at 17.

Hey i don’t mind the joke

But the guy accused her of much more than sex, he says he was forced

I wonder if people would laugh at jokes saying that as a young girl they would have prayed to baby Jesus that Weinstein would have slept with them if it meant a career as a Hollywood starlet

Something tells me most people (not me or you) would not have the stomach for that joke

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I wonder if people would laugh at jokes saying that as a young girl they would have prayed to baby Jesus that Weinstein would have slept with them if it meant a career as a Hollywood starlet

No, he's friggin gross. She's hot.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

But the guy accused her of much more than sex, he says he was forced

Seeing as she played his mom in a movie when he was 9~, I could see why she would have to force him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join