It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grambler
I wonder if people would laugh at jokes saying that as a young girl they would have prayed to baby Jesus that Weinstein would have slept with them if it meant a career as a Hollywood starlet

No, he's friggin gross. She's hot.

Yeah well some may say that sex is fleeting and attractiveness means little

So if you have to have it against your will, getting millions of dollars and fame out of it is a far better deal

I think forced sex is terrible no matter what the circumstances

I don’t mind your joke about it though

Just pointing out that we live in a society that seems joking about a guy getting raped or assulated is somewhat accepted, but making a joke of the roles were reversed would get you almost university condemned

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I think forced sex is terrible no matter what the circumstances.

I doubt it was 'forced', he was 17, I'm sure the joke about the wind blowing is applicable. He was, by California's standards, underage, but if they were across the border this would be a non-issue in regards age. I do get that there's a double standard for women with underage boys but if she did something illegal she should face the consequences.

Me personally, I wouldn't have narc'd on her.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Meh, just another leftist scumbag like the rest of Hollyweird.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This may be a bigger story then it seems. Personally I think this may be a hit piece on Argento in an attempt to shut her up. There's been speculation about Bourdain looking into a human trafficking ring, and when he was found dead one of the note books that he would write observations in was missing.

Let's say that the human trafficking story is true, then it would stand to reason that some of the people behind it might think that Argento has that missing note book. That's why I think this may be about shutting her up, and/or discrediting her so that if did have the note book, then it could be disregarded.

On the other hand if this story is true, and she did do what is being stated, then that would sadly be par for the course in Hollywood. If true, then she should have to answer for what she did, after all she did want Weinstein to answer for his crimes too.

In the end I still think this is a hit piece, and just for giggles, I'm willing to bet that Bourdain's ex-wife and kids will pop up soon in the news with some kind of sortied news being tossed at them too.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Is anybody actually surprised at this? It was so clear from the first accusation that the whole thing either was politically motivated or he'd really pissed off some very powerful person.

My theory since the beginning - bolstered by the Stormie Daniel affair - was that Harvey was set up as an example to prime the public for similar accusations again best Trump to bring down the president.

I don't say this in defense of Harvey. I'm sure he's a top level slime ball and is getting what he deserves, but so are the rest of them, and they're still covering each other's assess.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To me it's simple....she paid him off, hushed it up and it went away...….If that don't spell guilty, I don't know what does. Now she's gonna pay the piper. I would not doubt that a lot more "young men actors" are gonna come forward now... I mean they can smell the money. A whole entire group of people that the world could live without...…...celebrities. On another note...when young sexual relationships should come naturally, not forced , matters not if your male or female. I'll agree she's hot, but if she's gotta force a young guy to do the deed...…..she's broken.
edit on 20-8-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I agree that there is more to this than it seems -- but in my scenario, Asia isn't an innocent being unfairly targeted. Rather, the true Asia is being revealed. She has quite the history, including a famous Italian director for her father, who specialized in satanic horror movies, complete with all the Illuminati symbology given such attention these days...

But Asia has her own dark movie credits, including a movie about a boy abused by pedophiles which she presented as autobiographical. Here's the conclusion of one review:

Suffice to say “The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things” is not a film for everyone. If you are squeamish about children being placed in danger then do not see this film. While much less graphically violent then a film such as “Irreversible” the ideas and situations are indeed horrifying. If, however, you are willing to take a dark ride you will be rewarded. Despite the suffering there is a level of hope. This is not a fictional grindhouse film, it’s a true story and Argento rises to the task both as actress and director in telling the painful account in an honest, engaging manner. J.T. LeRoy wrote as a form of catharsis and this film is a testament to his survival.
Source

I have long believed that Harvey Weinstein is guilty as charged, but he's just the fall guy to distract from the therefore protect even bigger predators -- indeed, an established network of predators. Such as NXIVM? Others???

I suspect that Bourdain learned something he wasn't supposed to about Asia...
edit on 20-8-2018 by Boadicea because: Added source link

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Meanwhile she may have been sexually abusing a young man. If that is true, imagine being that man, who not only was sexually abused, but have to watch all of your peers fawn over your abuser as a strong willed powerful fighter who was victimized

Like a man of 'integrity' once said "I never had sex with 'that woman'

Just as well she kept her little blue dress? Lol!!....

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

To me it's simple....she paid him off, hushed it up and it went away...….If that don't spell guilty,

That spells *business* by any stretch of imagination......

Once money changes hands it becomes a business deal?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
And as if right on cue, another leader of the meetoo movement, Rose McGowan, who has been vocal about the need to believe all accusers, comes to the defense of her friend Asia and says we need to wait for facts to come out before we judge.

This prompted McGowan to tweet:

"None of us knows the truth of the situation and I am sure more will be revealed. Be gentle."

This is an act of unmitigated hypocrisy from McGowan. While it’s true that we should all weigh the evidence in each individual accusation, the #MeToo movement has famously ignored that advice time and again, destroying the careers of men in prominent positions based on accusations and the suggestion that we must #BelieveAllWomen. McGowan herself has tweeted along those lines:

So, if McGowan now wants to talk about waiting for evidence, that sounds great. But let’s be clear: the major flaw of the #MeToo movement has been the demand that evidence be secondary to accusations. And it’s hypocrisy to flip the script the moment that McGowan’s friend is implicated.

www.dailywire.com...

Yes rose, thats what some of us have been saying all along. But many have rushed to say that an accusation was enough to treat someone as guilty, even before any fair trial, including Rose and many others in the metoo movement.

As predicted, as soon as one of their own is accused, they no longer want to apply the same standards they said were morally necessary with others, and deem them guilty based on being accused.

I know this wont happen, but perhaps people will now think twice before calling for the ruining of peoples lives based merely on accusations, and will wait for results from an investigation before casting judgement.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

My take is the kid wanted it, and it just happened to be in Cali where he is underage at 17 so it became a money grab.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

My take is the kid wanted it, and it just happened to be in Cali where he is underage at 17 so it became a money grab.

Maybe.

Maybe Asia and weinsteins other victims wanted a role from harvey weinstein in a big budget movie, slept with him, got a very lucrative Hollywood career, and then years later decided to report she was assulated and cash in again.

Or maybe both her and this kid are victims.

Point is, this illustrates exactly why we should not pass judgement until all facts are out in the open and a fair trial occurs if applicable.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And as if right on cue, another leader of the meetoo movement, Rose McGowan, who has been vocal about the need to believe all accusers, comes to the defense of her friend Asia and says we need to wait for facts to come out before we judge.

"None of us knows the truth of the situation and I am sure more will be revealed. Be gentle."

Just so as not to be disingenuous, you might want to add that her first reaction was to post..."I got to know Asia Argento ten months ago. Our commonality is the shared pain of being assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. My heart is broken. I will continue my work on behalf of victims everywhere".Link

I know you try to be fair, eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Just so as not to be disingenuous, you might want to add that her first reaction was to post..."I got to know Asia Argento ten months ago. Our commonality is the shared pain of being assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. My heart is broken. I will continue my work on behalf of victims everywhere".Link

I know you try to be fair, eh?

What does that have anything to do with her saying to be gentle with Asia because more facts will come out?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What do you mean, you doubt he was forced?

She might have been a bitch on wheels for all we know and he actually did want nothing to do with her. Plus, if she played a mother-figure to him when he was 9 there may have been some kind of creepy weird vibe going on for him even if it was only acting.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

That is exactly the hypocrisy being described. People who defended an accused were attacked for doing so and saying wait for the facts to come out ... and now we have someone in the movement saying the same thing the movement attacked people for saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As a former 17 year old horndog you honestly didn't have to talk me into sex, especially with a hot piece of A.

Plus I'd like to know how you force a dude to get an erection. It's not like this was unwanted prison rape, he had to get himself excited to finish the job.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think it was a money grab myself, kid was probably loving it and bragging about it. If I am wrong I am wrong, but really?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I think it was a money grab myself, kid was probably loving it and bragging about it. If I am wrong I am wrong, but really?

I tend to agree with that, it does not however make her any less a hypocrite. She should have had sex with him in Nevada, then he would have had to just have bragging rights, not her cash or integrity.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko

Plus I'd like to know how you force a dude to get an erection. It's not like this was unwanted prison rape, he had to get himself excited to finish the job.

Honestly, this is one of the biggest myths out their.

But I guess given that criteria, even an 11 year old that would be raped by an oldman must have been willing if he got an erection.

Honestly I am sure you are just joking, because this is a terribly bad argument to make.

as for the every teenage guy is a horndog argument...

Hey I have a female friend that loved having sex when she was 16.

So I guess that means she knows all of the metoo women are full of it, cause they must have wantede to have sex too.

See how foolish that sounds?
edit on 20-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join