It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
But she's a woman.

And we all know it's only we men who are capable of crime and other evils.

Hooray for equality.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Asia Argento is saying that Anthony Bourdain payed the guy off. She told Bourdain she was "broke". They have text messages between Argento and Bourdain.

She denies they had sex, but then contradicts herself several times about what actually happened.

www.tmz.com...

Argento just released a statement, saying, "I am deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false. I have never had any sexual relationship with Bennett."
The Bennett to which she is referring is Jimmy Bennett, whom she had visit her in a hotel room when he was 17 and she was 37.
She acknowledges Anthony paid, saying, "Anthony personally undertook to help Bennett economically." She goes on to say Bennett was litigious and made exorbitant money demands and they wanted to "no longer suffer any further intrusions in our life."

Asia, at one point, seems to contradict her claim she never had a sexual relationship with Bennett, saying, "It wasn't raped (sic) but I was frozen. He was on top of me. After he told me I had been his sexual fantasy since he was 12."

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TinySickTears
he may not have wanted it if it were mama june but asia argento is a dime piece.
he was 17.
he dont want what she is giving?

I highly doubt he didn't.

Oh, and check your PMs.

Just did.

I'll dig in when I get home

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Obviously the average 17 year old male is not going to feel traumatized by being seduced. That's not to say they won't regret it afterwards. So can a person in his thirties. But by 17, even if a guy did regret sleeping with someone, he would see it as a bad choice he made rather than seeing himself as a victim. Generally speaking, anyway. So I'm highly skeptical of such a story. If anything, guys this age are more likely to feel disturbed if they are unable to find an attractive female who will take interest in them.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kohll
Maybe you are right.

But dont you see the double standard?

How well do you think it would fy for someone to say this.

"Well Asia and these other weinstein accusers were all young hollywood starlets. And we all know, most young girls would love to have very successful acting careers. And we also know almost all young girls dont mind using sex to their advantage. So I dont believe they were raped or assualted, they wanted to have the sex to get the career."

The metoo movemnet has said we should believe all accusers, so it would be hypocrtitical of them to deny that here, like rose mcgowan did.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

But is this Asia and Jimmy situation a "casting couch" situation? That is what makes a difference.
edit on 21-8-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

But is this Asia and Jimmy situation a "casting couch" situation. That is what makes a difference.

How so?

so saying the guy is probably lying because all teenage boys want to get some is legitimate.

But I cant say all young starlets would be willing to have sex to get a multimillion dollar acting career, cause its a casting couch?

No, there is a double standard.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I don't even know what you are arguing about.

Of course you can say both of those things.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Maybe you are right.

"Well Asia and these other weinstein accusers were all young hollywood starlets. And we all know, most young girls would love to have very successful acting careers. And we also know almost all young girls dont mind using sex to their advantage. So I dont believe they were raped or assualted, they wanted to have the sex to get the career."

The metoo movemnet has said we should believe all accusers, so it would be hypocrtitical of them to deny that here, like rose mcgowan did.

I have to admit that if this story was about a 17 year old girl rather than a 17 year old guy, I wouldn't be as skeptical as to claims of emotional damage and feeling victimized after having a couple drinks and being seduced.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

One of those things is considered rather socially acceptable.

The other if said not anonymously on a public forum could get you seriously socially ostracized.

Just like we had people saying a dud with an erection cant be raped. Say that in public, not much flak.

But I dare you to walk around public announcing any girl who has claimed rape but had an orgasam really wanted it, and therefore wasnt raped.

People would be rightfully disgusted and outraged with you.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The difference is that some of us here have said we have a hard time believing the guy in this particular story. That is one situation.

That is not the same as saying a guy can't be sexually harassed or raped. You don't even have to have an erection for that to happen. That is a different situation.

Also, neither of those two situations are a casting couch situation, regardless of the sex of the people involved.

Now, talking about how the "public" will react is tough because it depends what that even means. I group of friends, the church pot luck, an SJW meeting. I'm guessing reactions will be different and not just in shock but also in what is and isn't acceptable.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's okay, she's a woman, the rules are different.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Maybe you are right.

Hmmn ...Lol !! suppose he is plying one part to five potential young girls ..... the

four that dont get the part ?? Dont they have a right to feel short changed? misled?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kohll

I have to admit that if this story was about a 17 year old girl rather than a 17 year old guy, I wouldn't be as skeptical as to claims of emotional damage and feeling victimized after having a couple drinks and being seduced.

Seduction and rape not the same thing!!!!!

**Seduction......persuading tempting luring charming to gain an objective.

**Rape ....... forced sexual intercourse; sexual assault

edit on 22-8-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

When a minor is involved with an adult, in the eyes of the law, not so much.

edit on 8/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

When a minor is involved with an adult, in the eyes of the law, not so much.

Sorry I should have been more clear, underage in anything being a whole

different ball game.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Well, that is the topic. But if the discussion has strayed, it's my fault.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Well, that is the topic. But if the discussion has strayed, it's my fault.

Harvey Weinstein and #metoo has come up in posts I was replying to,

disgusting as he is I dont believe he is connected with under age sex?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Ok. My fault then.

He is scummy though. Right?

edit on 8/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ok. My fault then.

He is scummy though. Right?

Scummy ???? Too good for him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join