It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kilauea Alert Level Lowered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Some good news for the residents of East Hawaii. After a couple of weeks of very low acivity the threat alert level for Kilauea has been lowered from a "warning" to a "watch." I'm looking forward to the reopening of the National Park so as to see first hand the changes that have occurred at Halemaumau. The images and videos just don't provide enough perspective. I was last there about a month before the real action started up. I would have liked to have been able to see the flowing lava up close too, but that wasn't practical.

"The change does not mean with absolute certainty that the LERZ (Lower East Rift Zone) eruption or summit collapses are over. It remains possible that eruption and collapse activity could resume."
www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

edit on 8/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear this for Hawaii and residents .... I know this has hurt their tourism and
People Have lost homes and everything . I talked the lava is how The islands were Foemes and Expanded , but still ...such devastation sucks .

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
maybe there will lots of
Diamonds to Find when It cools ?!? ...
edit on 17-8-2018 by Meldionne1 because: Double

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

No diamonds. But they were already finding Olivine
in some places weeks ago. It's green & very pretty.
I have some jewelry made with it.

WOQ

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well as an additional point of interest, Mauna Loa (right next door to Kilauea), starting showing some strange seismic activity today, and isn't the first time during the Kilauea eruption that it's done this. It was low level, but confirmed on three stations. The HVO doesn't seem to want to report it though. Not sure why. They didn't last time either.

But the point is, MLOA is always a threat, and could potentially throw a monkey wrench into the machinery. It is calm now though.... for the moment.

As usual, watching on our channel at SpectroNet.
edit on Sat Aug 18th 2018 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's strange how Kilauea started with a 6.9 quake & it "quit"
when Indonesia had a 6.9. Then northern Alaska started quaking
after one & it's been going ever since.
Hmmm...Sup with that?

WOQ

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Awesome, the Park is slated to reopen very soon.

I will be there soon afterwards.
www.khon2.com...

top topics

join