It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Just throwing this out there. It may be something you can look into. Personal disclosure: I also refuse Alcoholics Anonymous. Because: reasons.

They have rehab clinics here in Holland. It is completely covered by the medical insurance so doesn't cost a penny. I had to arrange it with my doctor but after that he refers you and you wait for a free place. They feed you, treat you and monitor your health every day. You have your own secure room with a keypass and are pretty much free to do what you want, except leave or drink. (Technically you can leave anytime you want but it is better to stay.)

Treatment starts on the first day and yes, cold turkey. The first thing they give you is a mild benzodiazepine and that stays the same for the first week. It reduces most of the symptoms such as shaking, etc. As soon as the first pill kicked in, I had no shakes any more. I checked myself out on the 5th day, went home, cooked a meal, ate it. Cooked another meal, ate that, drank half a beer and passed out for 12-14 hours.

The only problem I had with the whole thing was the food. Due to it being a fairly large place (100+?) the evening meal was the same as they feed prisoners in Dutch prisons. A plastic sealed tray that gets warmed up at location. I know this because I was talking to a guy who used to live here and has been in both prison and rehab. 4 days of no food was too much.

Just an idea.

ETA It was a mixed facility. Men, women, young, old and all addictions. Alcohol addicts, heroin addicts, coc aine addicts, heroin and coc aine addicts. (apparently some people use both heroin and coc aine at the same time) and everyone was really nice. Most folks were alcohol addicts.
edit on 30/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: Night Star

I sent two pixies your way. To sing sweet lullabies to your ears while you sleep!

It must have worked because I slept very well last night. Thank you!

Enjoyed your rap.

I'm still waking up here.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I forgot about that thread. Thanks for posting the link!

You have a couple of Pm's by the way.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I see you were up bright and early this morning, but I can't read a blank box. Wonders what Jacy wrote and deleted.

Hope you are ok Sweetie.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Still half asleep. I was going to ask how long you stayed at the rehab center, but reread your post.

How are you doing these days with your drinking?

Going to be a long week for me as I won't be going out Friday with my friend Linda. Hope my Sister is over her bad cold and I can see her. My friend Diane who lives out near the ocean is supposed to come down for a day this Month. We miss each other terribly.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I feel like such a stranger here these days but I know it's my own fault.

As my life is nothing but wait on this or wait on that I've numbed my brain out of any useful thinking or thoughts to share with everyone.

Passing through on the way to the donuts now.

Night, I think you missed a PM from me or it got lost along the way.

edit on 9 30 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Oh man, I did miss your PM. Just found it and will read it now.

Happy to see you here Blue! You will never be a stranger in the Shed, so you don't have to worry about that. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good day Shed Peeps, hope everyone is doin OK
. Lurker mode engaged

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I am doing well thank you! And you LurkerRico?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Doing good thank you. Just chillin as usual vaping and drinking coffee

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm finishing off my coffee as we speak. Now I'm going be a girly girl and paint my nails. LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Some of us dudes still appreciate the effort

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

After leaving rehab I was drinking as much as before within a few days. That's how drugs work. Not all of them, but a lot. I stopped smoking once for 3 months with the help of a pill from the doctor. The pills made me feel weird. (Tobacco-cessation pills?) After I quit the pills I started smoking and never looked back again. My girlfriend had pretty much the same reaction too. It cost 700 bucks for 3 months of pills for both of us. I think they cost more than tobacco.

As I get older I realise my lungs are bad and have considered other methods of nicotine delivery but they seem to be more expensive too. Chewing gum, vaporisers, etc. I hate smoking tobacco but I am addicted to nicotine and unlike any other drug I have ever taken ever, I cannot be without nicotine. You can take my beer away, that's fine but tobacco? Hell no... I will happily sacrifice 3 days of food and beer so that I can buy tobacco. It's awful. They say bad things about heroin addicts but apart from the fact I wouldn't steal from my grandmother to get it, am I really that much different?
edit on 30/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

After the up front cost (200-300$) vaping for me is about $50 a month which is a hell of a lot cheaper than when I used Cigs. See if you can try vaping before (if) you buy because it's not for everyone. I will say, it tastes a lot better
Just something to think about.
edit on 30-9-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

LOL!

Looks like a beautiful day out there today, but I have no energy to go down onto the porch. Lazy day for me.

Wonder how many lurkers there are.
Wonder how everyone is doing.

Wonder what kinds of adventures are going on in Acassia.
This dude looks like he's about to do battle.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Cigarettes are my addiction too, but I make my own and the cost is really low.

We all have our vices I guess.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily call today a gorgeous day -- it's cloudy, drizzling, and in the upper 40's outside. It's chilly with a cold rain. But it's refreshing all the same

The only way a chilly day like today could be better is if it was clear and sunny, a chilly (or even downright cold) clear day is the best of the best to me, I LOVE those days. I feel renewed and energized the colder it gets as it is, and if it's sunny, that's the icing on the cake.

I bought a small sack of cornmeal yesterday, this is weather is perfect for warm, fresh cornbread
I'm not a big fan of cornbread, but once in a great while, it does hit the spot.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There be dragons!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I have read in a couple of places where vaping is harmful as well. Between the air we breathe, the water we drink and the foods we eat...we're doomed.

When it's our time to go, it's our time to go.

My Father was in his late eighties when he passed away and had heart problems and didn't stick to his special diet from his health problems. Hope I have good genes.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I still consider myself a smoker even though I vape. Also, I occasionally smoke cigars.

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join