It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-year-old medical marijuana patient with expired card jailed for less than an eighth of weed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: notsure1

Public enemy #1. Let's put this SOB in jail at something like 40k/year on the taxpayers backs instead is putting that 40k towards nursing homes and better health services for senior citizens. Great plan, guys.

Well he's already contributed to putting a roof over their heads..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Dude....that dead behind the eyes look......good description of the problem

And now let's go all the way........these unfeeling majority of persons in society.......from the biblical view we read about, seems gradually over the last fifty years their friggin souls are hijacked I swear.

I mentioned Scripture.....so who hijacked their souls?...the S N L Church chat lady....yep him......the Church chat lady knows whom........

We have to avoid them........best

Get landd out in the county....when they pave the road in front if your place......move a little further out......selling at a profit....with an automatic gate, .a country boy will survive
edit on 6-8-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The cop's job is to enforce the law, not pick which ones to enforce based on discretion.

What needs to change is the law.

They do it all the time... They can choose not to charge her . just like they can choose to give you a warning instead of a ticket . The cop chose to charge her and take her to jail..

So the cop is a jackass..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Gotta meet those quotas!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They did...eventually...use discretion.

She renewed her card and charges were dismissed.

But she spent the night in jail ... the cop didnt use discretion at all.. The cop is a jackass..

He is not a jack hole, he did his job. What is wrong with that?

So if you let your drivers license expire then get pulled over going to work should the cop take you to jail????

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

But she spent the night in jail ... the cop didnt use discretion at all.. The cop is a jackass..

So if you let your drivers license expire then get pulled over going to work should the cop take you to jail????

Seems like he would thank the cop for the $500 fine or whatever the going rate is. Oh and the associated cost with having the car towed getting home etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Seems like he would thank the cop for the $500 fine or whatever the going rate is. Oh and the associated cost with having the car towed getting home etc.
Ive let my DL expire twice lol.. One time for a year, you just dont even think about it..

And when Im 80 ill be lucky to remember to put pants on much less renew my license when I never leave the house..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Not a good argument where i live they do exactly that. They will also impound your vehicle and you have to pay to get it back. This happened to our neighbor and i had to drive her to the police station to retrieve her car after she renewed her license.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Not a good argument where i live they do exactly that. They will also impound your vehicle and you have to pay to get it back. This happened to our neighbor and i had to drive her to the police station to retrieve her car after she renewed her license.

Well those cops are jackasses too..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Maybe

I gotta call BS. they did not throw her in jail for an expired license..

Maybe a suspended license but jail for an expired DL??
edit on 6-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

No I don't think so. She should have been up to date. He did his job as I would expect him to. She will get a slap on the wrist and a lesson was learned. Good on him I say.

As someone who has dedicated years of my life, somewhat successfully, campaigning for cannabis law reform to allow for the use of cannabis in a medicinal and therapeutic capacity, you disgust me.

No beer emoji for you.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The cop's job is to enforce the law, not pick which ones to enforce based on discretion.

What needs to change is the law.

people who get pulled over for speeding are sometimes given a warning instead of a citation, right or wrong?

theres no need to see things purely black and white now for the sake of solidarity or 'blue code'

the twit let some emotions, if i understand the context right(theft investigation), get the best of him.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ive let my DL expire twice lol.. One time for a year, you just dont even think about it..

And when Im 80 ill be lucky to remember to put pants on much less renew my license when I never leave the house..

Did you get pulled over ?
If you did , what happened ?

Of course , being an informed citizen of the US you would know the difference between a citation and a law , yes ?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
We are literally criminalized and persecuted for using a completely non-lethal natural substance to nurture and nurse our bodies.

I gotta call BS on that!

When was the last time you thought "I need to nurture and nurse myself" opposed to just thinking "I wanna get baked".

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

No I don't think so. She should have been up to date. He did his job as I would expect him to. She will get a slap on the wrist and a lesson was learned. Good on him I say.

As someone who has dedicated years of my life, somewhat successfully, campaigning for cannabis law reform to allow for the use of cannabis in a medicinal and therapeutic capacity, you disgust me.

No beer emoji for you.

Once again, gotta call BS!

Why bother saying "medicinal" when you include a vague term like "therapeutic" immediately after.

Are you saying that you are against recreational marijuana use?
If you aren't then you are dishonest and you disgust me.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Boadicea
We are literally criminalized and persecuted for using a completely non-lethal natural substance to nurture and nurse our bodies.

I gotta call BS on that!

When was the last time you thought "I need to nurture and nurse myself" opposed to just thinking "I wanna get baked".

No need to project your own lack of knowledge into other people. Cbd oil which is not psychoactive help many people including children, for some it's the only thing that's stops their seizures without harmful side-effects... Get informed before you spout out nonsense.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Where are all these people campaigning for non-psychoactive THC to be available?

That's why I am calling BS.

I've been a stoner for over 20yrs, I smoke because I enjoy it.
Claiming that I want weed legalised because someone needs to think of the children is dishonest and counterproductive.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You think it's only a thing if people are campaigning for it... Dude..

Also hemp which is what they make cbd oil out of doesn't get you stoned, just between you and me maybe you should put down the bong and the PlayStation controller and get exercising some of that grey matter before it disappears in a cloud of smoke.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

No I don't think that and I never said that.

I also never questioned whether hemp can get you stoned.

You are probably right, maybe I should "get exercising that grey matter", it's clearly not happening here.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You can only lead a horse to water....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join