It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-year-old medical marijuana patient with expired card jailed for less than an eighth of weed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype
a reply to: projectvxn

You are also a jackhole, please never become a cop.

Sorry you feel that way. I am for changing the laws to reflect my personal view on this.

I do not believe she should have spent 1 minute in police custody. However, law enforcement is LAW ENFORCEMENT. They dont make law, they enforce law, that is their job.

Sorry you can't come to terms with that reality and instead chose to lash out at me.

Hope you feel better.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

They can also use some discretion right?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They can do their jobs, which does not include selective enforcement.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Bull@#$t..too bad common sense lacked in this case.

Discretion is allowed, and needed, so as to not clog the courts with trivial meaningless garbage
thelawdictionary.org...
edit on 6-8-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It is a joke that it is still ilegal in many places, considering the benafits health wise and industrial wise.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

do not believe she should have spent 1 minute in police custody. However, law enforcement is LAW ENFORCEMENT. They dont make law, they enforce law, that is their job.

They are not mindless robots, they are people. And there are more cops who would "USE DISCRETION" and let this slide then cops who throw her in jail..

So should the ones who would just let this slide be fired for not "doing their job"???/
edit on 6-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They can do their jobs, which does not include selective enforcement.

Bull CaCa...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Lots of emotions here.

Probably not worth the discussion.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I see
your argument that police have no discretion falls flat..has nothing to do with "emotions"
Not everything is so black and white, are you denying that discretion is in fact one of the tools a police officer has?
edit on 6-8-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morrisI had a script from my oncologist for marinol. It was stupid expensive, so I told her I would just smoke what I got from people I know that can get it. She said that was good. After cancer and a stroke the next year, I was in bad shape and nothing tasted good. I lost about 50 pounds and my friends and family said I looked like a scarecrow. With the weed I put on about 30 pounds. I'm not skinny any more and I'm 69. I only smoke at home, only drive about two blocks on Sunday to Church. My neurologist says my cognitive tests are good, but my hubby will not let me drive. I'm ok with that, I just want a peaceful home.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I'm denying your selective outrage for the choices a police officer made while operating WITHIN THE LAW.
edit on 7 8 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

A real hero, everyone is much safer now.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

So why on earth did you think you knew enough to make such comments? That's a genuine question. Not rhetorical. What made you think you knew so much about something that you never even bothered to research?

Pew conducted a study recently which found that too many people don't know the difference between their opinion and fact. This is a perfect example. You might want to find that study on Google too and learn the difference between your opinions and verified/verifiable facts.

I have never doubted the benefits of medical marijuana.
There is no point trying to prove whatever research I may have done because I really don't think it is relevant to the point I am making. Although I thank you for showing that we are equally able to make baseless assumptions about the other.

Show me where I said that their is no medicinal value to marijuana please!
Show me once where I walked back my ignorant statements.
I stand by my ignorant statements.

But to answer your question...
For every Barry Lambert, I believe there are 1,000's who aren't sincere in their medicinal marijuana platform.

How would you feel about allowing full medical marijuana but drastically increasing penalties for non-medical use?

I would be against that and I believe the fact that I am against that proves that I would be a hypocrite if I claimed that my desire for marijuana legalisation is about "thinking of the children" or anything apart from my own desire to get baked.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You can go hunt up your comments yourself. We both know what you said. You assumed that I SAW NO VALUE in medical marijuana and that it was all about "getting baked." That was your comment to me. And if you knew me at all, you'd know it could not be farther from the truth! But you didn't have to know me, because I also very clearly stated the medical benefits... so you had absolutely no reason to think it was all about "getting baked" for me. But you completely ignored those comments to project your ignorance onto others.

You then went on to say that's what it is all about for you. And I have no doubt that's the truth.

And again you assume you know that --

For every Barry Lambert, I believe there are 1,000's who aren't sincere in their medicinal marijuana platform.

Obviously, you don't know that. Lots of assumptions. Lots of accusations. And all along it was YOU who didn't care about the medicinal benefits, only "getting baked."

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You can go hunt up your comments yourself. We both know what you said. You assumed that I SAW NO VALUE in medical marijuana and that it was all about "getting baked." That was your comment to me. And if you knew me at all, you'd know it could not be farther from the truth! But you didn't have to know me, because I also very clearly stated the medical benefits... so you had absolutely no reason to think it was all about "getting baked" for me. But you completely ignored those comments to project your ignorance onto others.

No I didn't!
I didn't say or even suggest that you saw no value in medicinal marijuana.
You assumed that.

Perhaps you are one the few that do come home and say "I can't wait to nurture and nurse myself", personally it is my belief (not fact just opinion) that those people are very few and fair between.

You then went on to say that's what it is all about for you. And I have no doubt that's the truth.

I appreciate that, thank you.

And again you assume you know that --

Obviously, you don't know that. Lots of assumptions. Lots of accusations. And all along it was YOU who didn't care about the medicinal benefits, only "getting baked."

Correct, I obviously don't know that. I said it's what I believe.

There's actually an interesting study showing that people are confused by the difference between facts and beliefs.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

What happens when the government is illegal and makes everything illegal for profit and removal from employment?

They have even circumvented the 2nd with this behavior.

They have been activly taking the 2nd ammendment rights away from people who register for their money scheme.

Screw the justice department, they need f'n reamed out and gutted yesterday.

Bunch of wealth re-distributing strong-atm robbers.

Then vote everyone out of office if you don't like the laws. Get the laws changed.

I don't agree with the laws either, but I'd rather have them enforced than just sit there and do nothing. The lassez-faire attitude is a major contributor to even more draconian statutes.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I didn't say or even suggest that you saw no value in medicinal marijuana.
You assumed that.

Really? Doubling-down, huh?

I said:

Our bodies require cannabinoids. Our immune systems require cannabinoids. We are literally criminalized and persecuted for using a completely non-lethal natural substance to nurture and nurse our bodies.

You cherry-picked this part of my comment to quote --

We are literally criminalized and persecuted for using a completely non-lethal natural substance to nurture and nurse our bodies.

And you replied:

I gotta call BS on that! When was the last time you thought "I need to nurture and nurse myself" opposed to just thinking "I wanna get baked".

Obviously, I was thinking about the medicinal benefits, or I would not have referred to those medicinal benefits, and specifically that our immune systems require cannabinoids.

But you called "BS on that!"

Our words will stand on their own merit.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Obviously, I was thinking about the medicinal benefits, or I would not have referred to those medicinal benefits, and specifically that our immune systems require cannabinoids.

But you called "BS on that!"

Our words will stand on their own merit.

Yes they will.
I never called BS on "Our bodies require cannabinoids. Our immune systems require cannabinoids.".

You clearly showed this by pointing out my "cherry picking".

If it makes it clearer I also doubt the majority of people are drinking red wine for the health benefits.
Does that mean I doubt the health benefits of red wine also?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
He didnt arrest her for her card. He arrested her cause she did not puff puff pass

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You know the system has gone completely insane when you get a $250 dollar fine for a expired drivers license, but if your medical card expires you go to Jail and fined. Doesn't matter if you bought the Mary Jane with that same card before it expired and you're using the rest of that medicine inside your own dwelling. I can't believe there is such a thin line there. Date good you can smoke all you want, expired well now you go to jail. Jesus Christ.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join