It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-year-old medical marijuana patient with expired card jailed for less than an eighth of weed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
simple warning should have been enough. The women is 80 years old and she had a card which expired she clearly bought the weed legally I assume. She probably not smoking to get high, but even if she does, good on her...

All the costs for the arrest, night in jail etc and for what really? This cop was a dildo...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You can only lead a horse to water....

And I'm assuming you're the leader here and I'm the horse?

But you haven't lead me anywhere.
All you have done is "correct" me on things I didn't mention.

Perhaps we both need to get exercising that grey matter.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
What do you expect when you agree to ask permission to be free?

That is what licensing schemes are....the government selling your rights back to you.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Your telling the story...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No I don't think so. She should have been up to date. He did his job as I would expect him to. She will get a slap on the wrist and a lesson was learned. Good on him I say.

As someone who has dedicated years of my life, somewhat successfully, campaigning for cannabis law reform to allow for the use of cannabis in a medicinal and therapeutic capacity, you disgust me.

No beer emoji for you.

Once again, gotta call BS!

Why bother saying "medicinal" when you include a vague term like "therapeutic" immediately after.

Are you saying that you are against recreational marijuana use?
If you aren't then you are dishonest and you disgust me.

I'm not against the adult recreational use of cannabis, in any way.

When I began campaigning for reform, I chose to campaign for that which matters most to me, the medicinal and therapeutic uses of cannabis.

You can call BS all you like, but unfortunately for you, the facts don't care about your opinion.

Now run along and study the endocannabinoid system, endocannabinoids, endocannabinoid deficiency, phytocannabinoids, and their roll in homeostasis.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Those are the "technicality" cops. If I see them gettinng beaten by a mob, I am technically supposed to run away and dial 911. So thats what I will do, when I get to safety, maybe.

These are the cops I hate. I know they arent being sticklers towards their coworkers. They dont require that their coworkers or that they themselves follow the letter of the law the way they expect others to.

In my experience these are the ones we eventually discover were closet nazis, pedos, or just scum bag criminals in uniform.

I do not wish good things on these types of cops. In fact if anymore of these idiots without any decency or common sense shoots any more of our people I will pray for God to start dropping them like flies. Yeah its like that. We are a proud people, deal with it.

Thank God that this old lady isnt someone young who could have a weed charge ruin their future. As much as she suffered, she can still go back to her life as is. Not everyone gets to say that after meeting a dickhead cop.

Lesson here: Dont trust cops off the bat. Most arent your friend or your communities friend. They are after the paycheck and an easy retirement. These types of cops dont live in the communities they police. They dont care about us. Stop pretending they do.

Sue and obstruct them. Push them out. Let them die. Make room for good eggs.

edit on 8 6 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Why do you feel so strongly about medicinal and therapeutic use?
I would think that there is more harm caused to the general public by these silly anti-marijuana rules than there is to the tiny minority who actually see real medical benefits.

If you are for recreational marijuana (which you didn't specifically say), then wouldn't pushing the medicinal value be counterproductive?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I get what you're saying, but you have to understand my demographic. I live on a small island (9x5 miles) with a pretty conservative population and a government to suit.

Cannabis oil and herb are being made available for free from the general hospital, and the local hemp industry has been reborn.

Just five years ago, people were telling me to give up, I was 'wasting my time',

Baby steps, tic-toc and all that,

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Fair enough!
Congrats also.

I just get annoyed with stoners like myself screaming "think about the children" when they really just wanna kick back and have a cone after a hard day's work. I guess I just disagree with the idea of recreational medicine.

But nice work anyway, keep up the fight!
We want the same thing, just different strategies.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I can't slide in dry with this crowd

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No I don't think so. She should have been up to date. He did his job as I would expect him to. She will get a slap on the wrist and a lesson was learned. Good on him I say.

Keep that in mind when you do a minor infraction and get stuffed in a jail cell, mmkay?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Damn old hippies do not want to follow the rules. She should have renewed her card. You would think that would be HIGH up on her importance list. Gee, some people just do not get their priorities in order.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Boadicea
We are literally criminalized and persecuted for using a completely non-lethal natural substance to nurture and nurse our bodies.
I gotta call BS on that!

When was the last time you thought "I need to nurture and nurse myself" opposed to just thinking "I wanna get baked".

You can't be serious... or are you??? First and foremost, it is against T&Cs to discuss personal drug use on the forums. So please don't ask, I won't tell, and we'll both be good with the mods.

Secondly, if you are not aware of the many MANY medicinal and therapeutic benefits of cannabis, then you are ignorant. And since you didn't ask -- just assumed your ignorance was true for everyone -- I won't tell.

But Google is your friend if you really want to know.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Peace officers have been given the ability to use discretion and they don't NEED to charge everyone for every infraction. Consider people being given a pass on a speeding ticket or the ticket gets reduced by the officer at the time of the offense. That's an officer operating under discretion. Imagine being fined every time you were less than 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front of you, or not waiting the proper time between signaling and merging, or working the radio while driving (that's distracted driving in case you didn't know). I wonder if you'd be so vehement if your every offense were pursued with no mercy.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Dude must love doing paperwork. He could have easily ignored this. He probably got that advice from his superior later.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Agreed. Putting an 80 year old woman through a night in jail is just mean. That cop should be fired-pronto. Don't they teach anything besides by the book rules anymore? Putting her through the misey and embarrassment knowing she had a card recently shows the cop was pure evil. This is why these cops are not getting the support they want anymore. The people who become cops want power. Hope that made him feel powerful. We need a new start with our LEOs. They are their own worst enemy. Now I hate them again.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We can't blame the cop for this. He may or may not have had discretionary powers here -- I don't know. But he shouldn't have had any discretionary powers in the sense that there should have been NO CRIME for which to exercise discretionary powers!!!

"Liberty" is one of the clearly declared natural and inalienable rights we have. No one should be locked up for anything less than a clear and present danger to others. Period.

It's easy to blame the cop. But it's also just pissing in the wind if we want real reform. Cops don't make the laws, they just enforce them. We have to demand ONLY the necessary and proper laws from the critters who write and pass those laws. Then we don't have to blame the cop on the street for doing his job. When he's only enforcing necessary and proper laws, this isn't a problem. But that has to come from the critters.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Two points i'd like to make here.
#1 if she was using opoids foe pain management she wouldn't even need a license.
#2 it was a female cop who made the arrest. Makes sense now huh?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just FYI the cop is a she not a he...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The legalese circle jerk:

"...My assistant prosecutor authorized a possession of marijuana charge based upon the admission by Ms. Saltzman that she wasn’t a medical marijuana card holder and the evidence that she did possess marijuana illegally. However, our goal is to ensure that individuals who utilize medical marijuana are doing so legally. As such, Ms. Saltzman was encouraged to obtain her medical marijuana card and if she did so, the case would be dismissed. She did obtain her medical marijuana card and the case was dismissed."

They knew the arrest was bogus and protected their asses. But this is what all this is really about:

Saltzman's renewed Michigan medical marijuana card is on its way to her, but she urges voters to legalize marijuana in November and end the stigma.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join