It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police confronted for planting bait car full of Nikes in the Ghetto

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

Surely one of the basic principals of policing is the prevention of crime and not the manufacturing of crime?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
the government can't solve Chicago's problem only the people of Chicago can solve their problems by choosing to stop living that lifestyle

plain and simple

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Cause real skaters don't wear Nikes...

30 people were shot dead in Chicago this weekend. THAT Is more important than a truck full of Nikes used as bait. Priorities people. Priorities.

This is just another story to try to show 'racial profiling' and such. Want me to post all of the videos of young black youth going into stores and stealing/running out? Happens ALL the time. Shoe Stores. Apple Store. Clothing Stores. Convenient Stores.

Find one of a group of white kids in Dallas doing it. You won't.

You also won’t find a black mass shooter that guns down elementary schools kids and concerts 200+ concert goers in one swing, But this isn’t a racial it’s more of a cultural thing.
edit on 5-8-2018 by gamer2343 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Would you be tempted to take the cash, if your mother was deathly sick and needed medicine that you could not otherwise afford? She needs it within the next 24 hours, or she might die.
Would you even weigh the option?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes, they are typically too busy gunning themselves down.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

If one or the tennis shoe thieves has a deathly ill mother who needed Nikes for an operation or she might perish in 24 hours, that is probably a great mitigation factor to address at sentencing.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I did address it, many times. The relevant part is highlighted for you. That is wrong, they can not arbitrarily assign it whatever speed they want it to be. Any speed must be backed up by a recent speed survey which determines what the speed can be.

The speed trap you talk about is ILLEGAL. No one caught is breaking the law. People fight those in court and win.

My example is real world... Ok they didn't arbitrarily assign..they did a speed survey etc...

Ok whateve, you missed my point 100% and want to debate something I really do not want to...

BTW

The Portland City Council unanimously approved a plan to lower speed limits from 25 to 20 mph on thousands of miles of city streets.

The council voted Wednesday to reduce speed limits on non-arterial residential streets, which comprise about 70 percent of the city's street grid.

Did they do a speed survey on 1000s of streets...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

And any of these kids caught in that situation can bring it up as a mitigating circumstance. I might do it, and it would still be wrong, and I would deserve the consequences, it's not a defense.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gamer2343

You also won’t find a black mass shooter that guns down elementary schools kids and concerts 200+ concert goers in one swing, But this isn’t a racial it’s more of a cultural thing.

What is more cultural...2 people killing a lot in singular events or a lot of people killing one or two each per week?

edit on 5-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: subfab

Would you be tempted to take the cash, if your mother was deathly sick and needed medicine that you could not otherwise afford? She needs it within the next 24 hours, or she might die.
Would you even weigh the option?

Would you switch the route a speeding train will take from where it will hit 5 people to where it will hit one person? Saving five killing one?

There are laws and laws can be broken if need be.

That said out of the ghetto comes the neurosurgeon who never stealed, and the junkie who steals and kills. Do not think not applying the law to a thief will make a miracle for them.

They are in all likelihood not stealing bikes to make a better life for themselves, but to cover the costs of vices in all likelihood.

We are not all equal. That is the talk of communists who support genocidal totalitarian regimes. Allowing someone to get away with theft, is not the right thing to do in most any situation, and it won't help them become a better person or even help them in their own lives.
edit on 5-8-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Just like Reverend King dreamed.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character, but by all the disadvantages and excuses we can imagine for them not having any."

Where does character originate?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I got your point, it was about cops setting up speed traps to catch people speeding who ordinarily would not speed by creating a set of circumstances to cause them to speed.

Those speed traps are illegal.

Now if you have changed your story to simply do I have a problem with cops pulling people over who are speeding on roads where it is actually unsafe to do so then no, I have no problem with that.

Do you have a problem with cops pulling over people going 55 in a school zone as kids are coming out of school?

link   

With the parents and the community. So if so many here are lacking of character, who is to blame?

link   
Hunting in a baited field is illegal.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What is more cultural...2 people killing a lot or a lot of people killing one or two each?

Also when gang on gang violence kills say an entire family it rarely makes top news, irregardless of how common it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

And any of these kids caught in that situation can bring it up as a mitigating circumstance. I might do it, and it would still be wrong, and I would deserve the consequences, it's not a defense.

With their High priced attorney, right?

SO I think we agree that the "morality meter" has various settings, and they are based on circumstances.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You need a high priced attorney to tell the court why you did it?

And no, it's still wrong to steal, it's just more understandable based on the reason, and as such the penalty is often different.
edit on 5-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I got your point, it was about cops setting up speed traps to catch people speeding who ordinarily would not speed by creating a set of circumstances to cause them to speed.

Those speed traps are illegal.

You keep saying it is illegal, but in my situation it is not...The speed signs are real and legal, but the cops know people will take their time to slow down since there is nothing for miles anyways.

Another REAL WORLD example...different town, different state. The town's speed limit is 25...Hyw 14 is 55 it goes though the town. The cops watch people leave town and if they start to accelerate before the 55 MPH sign they give a ticket. When I say before it might be 50 feet...once again nothing out there other than a place for cops to sit..

Do you have a problem with cops pulling over people going 55 in a school zone as kids are coming out of school?

This align of questioning does fit your name at all.

Once again my point is that there can be unreasonable bait situation...that is all I was saying...

edit on 5-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What is more cultural...2 people killing a lot or a lot of people killing one or two each?
I mean it’s been way more than two, but honestly I don’t know?

Impoverished people probably do it for power, revenge or money or something there’s usually a motive

I’m sure school kids or those all those concert goers didn’t do anything to either one of those dudes it’s something else going on there..

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

yea they ride around neighborhoods killin their own kind and noone bats an eye.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join