It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police confronted for planting bait car full of Nikes in the Ghetto

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: gamer2343

You also won’t find a black mass shooter that guns down elementary schools kids and concerts 200+ concert goers in one swing, But this isn’t a racial it’s more of a cultural thing.

What is more cultural...2 people killing a lot or a lot of people killing one or two each?

Also when gang on gang violence kills say an entire family it rarely makes top news, irregardless of how common it is.
So how would know it kills entire families unless you live in the area?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Racism? Opportunity? C'mon now. So just because a person might be tempted to do something illegal it is because if racist cop tactics?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

Also when gang on gang violence kills say an entire family it rarely makes top news, irregardless of how common it is.

People want to say two crazy gunmen is culture...I can show culture and in this case the fine people of Chicago culture. This is to date..lol I wonder how many cities have a running count like this...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Xtrozero

I got your point, it was about cops setting up speed traps to catch people speeding who ordinarily would not speed by creating a set of circumstances to cause them to speed.

Those speed traps are illegal.

You keep saying it is illegal, but in my situation it is not...The speed signs are real and legal, but the cops know people will take their time to slow down since there is nothing for miles anyways.

And people take those to court and win. You must have a reason for the speed being so low, nothing for miles around would make it almost impossible to prove a safety concern prompting the speed change.

Stop using your failed example.

Do you have a problem with cops enforcing the speed limit in a school zone?

If your point is there are unreasonable bait attempts I agree, the OP just isn't one of them. An unreasonable bait is one that attempts to turn people who are trying to obey the law into criminals. The OP is about the police providing opportunity for thieves to thieve, not one of them tried to not be a thief, every last person caught thought about it and then broke the law on purpose.
edit on 5-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

Want to compare gangland to school shooters? Your argument is useless.

Besides, 15% of mass shootings are performed by black since 1982 so it is not an anomaly.

It is also not for this thread. Go create on and I will meet you there.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthnlies

yea they ride around neighborhoods killin their own kind and noone bats an eye.
So all black people are a collective hive mind? I’m sure if it were their own they would be killing each other.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Want to compare gangland to school shooters? Your argument is useless.

Besides, 15% of mass shootings are performed by black since 1982 so it is not an anomaly.

It is also not for this thread. Go create on and I will meet you there.
Why would I want to do that, that’s like comparing warts, or foot fungus.
edit on 5-8-2018 by gamer2343 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

How about just stop...

I'm telling you real world and you say it is illegal..OK whatever done with your posts.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

THIS is a problem. I don't care what color they are and you hsould not either. They are people.

Link

Link

Link

REAL children are getting killed. In the end, it is all a call for guns...

This comes just days after Superintendent Eddie Johnson visited ABC7 and talked about decreasing crime numbers and overall violence in Chicago. "I think some of our more challenging, communities, it's just imperative that police and the community work together to reduce this gun violence," Superintendent Johnson said. "We just have too many guns on the streets of Chicago."

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You need a high priced attorney to tell the court why you did it?

And no, it's still wrong to steal, it's just more understandable based on the reason, and as such the penalty is often different.

Well, "high-priced" is also relative, depending on your income.

There are court appointed attorneys. In the cities, they tend to have gigantic caseloads.
If they get a bunch of new cases, other defendants that have been arrested for other things, may not get proper representation. Just because of a baited truck.

And it costs taxpayer money.

So this Baited truck will result in growing the caseloads of court appointed attorneys, costing taxpayers money, and possibly completely changing (in a negative way) the direction of young person's life.
Those are the things that bother me about this.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No, it is not. It is death. If you are trying troll you suck.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

How about just stop...

I'm telling you real world and you say it is illegal..OK whatever done with your posts.

Yes, you should.

What Makes a Speed Trap Illegal?
Most jurisdictions will remove a speed trap if challenged, especially once they realize that the police officers who work for them have the burden of proving that a certified engineering survey justified the posted speed limit on the road in question.

www.trafficviolationlawfirms.com...

I know what I am talking about, my mom was the victim of a police officer operating an illegal speed trap. I looked up the actual laws and my mom won and the Judge was very unhappy with the police/city and they were forced to change the speed limit.
edit on 5-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A baited truck can sometimes lead to the convictions of those who fence and move the stolen property. Amazng what someone will say to not go to jail.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Racism? Opportunity? C'mon now. So just because a person might be tempted to do something illegal it is because if racist cop tactics?

Yes, Kind of.
I think the idea came from folks higher up the food chain than the street cops.
They knew who would be caught in their trap.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Then you are wrong. Baits like these are used by police all over the country.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

oh, I see
So they are not catching mice with their cheese, they are catching RATS.

That makes it better, right? More palatable..

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

oh, I see
So they are not catching mice with their cheese, they are catching RATS.

That makes it better, right? More palatable..

No they are getting mice and rats.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yes, you should.

What Makes a Speed Trap Illegal?
Most jurisdictions will remove a speed trap if challenged, especially once they realize that the police officers who work for them have the burden of proving that a certified engineering survey justified the posted speed limit on the road in question.

www.trafficviolationlawfirms.com...

You should change your name...OK slowly... It is not that the speed limits are illegal...These are real world..the second example is one I drive though everyday for the last 10 years...

I live on the Columbia river which means 10,000s of vacationers... How many of them are going to court...lol

The cops are preying on the fact that people tend to want smooth transitions in speed changes, so they see a speed sign and start to slow down, but most will still be above that speed even though they get to 25 quickly after. On the other end people have a tendency to accelerate slightly before a speed change once they see a sign.

As to a school zone with blinking yellow lights and signs all over the place people will lock up their breaks to get to 20, but do you see that as a norm with any other speed change? I don't...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

How am I trolling, I find it fascinating I see people here everyday that make arguments on how that if we were to lower gas prices that it would increase accidents, so we shouldn’t

Or how I need an I.D to buy groceries because look at me I’m here at Kroger’s to to purchase a can of spray paint and a pack of Marlboro with a check.

But somehow can’t find it to make arguments on why this shouldn’t be appropriate for cops to do in a poor ghetto neighborhood close to where people are playing basketball.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't know why you are doubling down on a failed post. I looked up the law and told my mom how to fight it. The Judge looked at every ticket that cop had given and had every last one of them dismissed, and the city was forced to change the speed limit.

An actual comparison would be someone thinking that even though the speed limit is 55 they can go 85 because there are no cops around to catch them because the cops are hidden, so they speed on purpose and boom get caught.

I have no problem with that. No one caught in this sting was caught for any reason other than they intended to steal.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join