It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions announces new 'Religious Liberty Task Force' at Department of Justice

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sheesh. There was no "Muslim ban".

Well, yeah technically no, except that Trump said, "Muslim Ban", but who am I to mince words......

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Religion is not about just going to church for most people.
It is a way of life.

And how has your religious way of life been changed? What can't you do anymore that Jeffy is going to fix for you?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

We need this because there is a growing hostility towards religion in this country.
There is a push to make America free FROM religion instead of freedom OF religion.
That needs to end.

There are many other examples in the speech of this hostility against religion and why we need to stop it.

Bull. Poo. You poor, persecuted Christian white folks lol.

"Nothing is more dreaded than the national government meddling with religion." —John Adams, in a letter to Benjamin Rush. 1812

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

No context, link each case.

I would wager Jeffy had nothing to do with them and each were being handled at the local/state level.

ETA: Before you do you can eliminate any one of those anecdotes that has the word 'brief' as that means a case was already filed and Jeffy was just offering his opinion.

edit on 31-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No context, link each case.

I would wager Jeffy had nothing to do with them and each were being handled at the local/state level.

So wait, you're telling me the DOJ was able to conduct their jobs prior to having an alter boy task force?

Surely they didn't have the necessary laws to go after the criminals though.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: introvert
That's the holy spirit.

I can correct your comment because Jeffy Boy is protecting me from you.

C'mon man. That's unfair.

I just want to dictate your religious beliefs and stuff.

Is that too much to ask?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
So wait, you're telling me the DOJ was able to conduct their jobs prior to having an alter boy task force?

Surely they didn't have the necessary laws to go after the criminals though.

I would say the bulk of what Jeffy discussed in his reverent and Goldy address was already working its way through the courts and didn't need the attention of the Justice Department's new virtue signaling task force.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I just want to dictate your religious beliefs and stuff.

Is that too much to ask?

Okay fine. So long as it's belief in Cthulhu and that he will make us all insane(r).

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And the Pope...what about the Pope Brother Sessions? The "task force" for Glory will protect us from the infidels and pretenders to the throne of the blessed divine savior of mankind.... Well, it's about *+++in time!!

Praise Bob!

edit on 31-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Words
All of a sudden religious liberty is a bad thing, even though it is a human right.

Yep, religious liberty to keep those homos out of your place of business because your religion says it's an abomination against God.

And Mormons still don't believe black people are fully human.

My personal religion deems that people who wear brown shoes are commiting an unpardonable sin and need to be sterilized to keep the gene pool clean and free from corruption!! We will wait for euthanasia of anyone over 55 for another thread; It's the way I interpret the Holy word.

Is that what you want?

It sounds like you do not like the freedom of religion. But, if religion wasn't free, you wouldn't be able to make those statements.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So will Mr Magoo's kangaroo committee also look at the freedoms of Muslims? Or say Rastafarians? Or Scientologists? et al, or will this lilly white panel look out for christian folk exclusively..........

never mind I already know the answer. perhaps they could kill two birds with one stone and rename it the Anti Cannabis Heil Jesus Committee for freedoms that older balding white dudes support Or ACHJCFFTOBWDS

Or better yet this group can appoint groups that rove the country righting religious wrongs. Im sure we have a Taliban or two at Gitmo that help set this up.
edit on 7/31/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Bluntone22

See Amendment I.

Better read that one again.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What does "make no law respecting an establishment of religion" mean?

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the federal government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another.

That's basically separation of Church and state, or you can't promote Christian values over any other type of religion.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The whole speech is inspiring.

Bull crackers - to the whole thing

The only thing Sessions is concerned about is preventing some people from preventing religious people from running roughshod over their individual freedoms

Religious folk are as free as they've ever been. Certain religious people want to make sure that they will be able to say no (in the public square) with impunity

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm enjoying the fact that defenders of this move by the DOJ fail to take note that this is just another expansion of government under this Administration. Another force installed at the expense of your tax dollars. Long gone the days of patriotic tea partiers taking to the DC gardens in 2010 right? Those days have changed..... complete 180.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am astounded that so many here would be against FREEDOM of religion.
Are you all Americans? Do you have any idea what American is, and why we exist?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

If you look back at previous posts, you will see that Sessions clearly said that freedom of religion will be protected for ALL religions, including Muslim. He specifically includes examples.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's funny that 'liberty' and 'freedom' are like sheepskins for wolves when used by governments and politicians.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: FredT

If you look back at previous posts, you will see that Sessions clearly said that freedom of religion will be protected for ALL religions, including Muslim. He specifically includes examples.

But since it's already in the 1st Amendment, why would he see the need to do this? It almost seems like he's trying to specifically protect Christianity and cater to those that want the ten commandments at courthouses etc. I could be wrong of course, but it sure seems that way to me. He Quotes the Bible, A lot.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
What ever happened to separation of church and state?

that's only when democrats have power....let's stick to the program here, we don't want any confusion.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I am astounded that so many here would be against FREEDOM of religion. Are you all Americans? Do you have any idea what American is, and why we exist?

Do you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join