It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions announces new 'Religious Liberty Task Force' at Department of Justice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Bluntone22

As far as I can tell, sessions is trying to do the same, make sure churches have freedom to run as they wish. All churches. Not just Christian.

Thats the thing, what freedoms are they missing now?

The freedom of extra representation and platform for pushing their beliefs via policy.

We may be able to scratch that one off soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Allah, Kali, Jehova, Jesus Christ or Satan? They didn't specify the term, did they?

Devious Masons.

Actually, that motto was lobbied for by our arch-rivals, the Knights of Columbus.

The Baphomet suckers thriving on Hashish again, typical. There's no way your team could keep up with those guys, ever thought about flipping sides for a little double agent debauchery?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

As far as I can tell, sessions is trying to do the same, make sure churches have freedom to run as they wish. All churches. Not just Christian.

The freedom of extra representation and platform for pushing their beliefs via policy.

Exactly , because if its anything that we have learned from the middle east is that gov't dictating religious doctrine is a great thing.

The middle-east is such a great success story it only makes sense we go that route.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Exactly , because if its anything that we have learned from the middle east is that gov't dictating religious doctrine is a great thing.

The middle-east is such a great success story it only makes sense we go that route.

Guess there is something to be said for hate towards an enemy typically stems from seeing similarities in one's self.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Thomas Jefferson was a Deist. And Abraham Lincoln was unaffiliated.

-dex

Someone should carve their likenesses on a mountain.

Ok, you've earned this the rough way.
Behold Mt Yellowstone with 4 of my best friends:

Oil on digital print 1200x590mm, work in progress.

Name a price. I'm not sure if I should bomb them with street art as well, it kinda lacks colour and anarchy right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

He added that it would help Justice Department officials uphold new religious liberty guidance in the cases they bring, the arguments they make in court and the policies they adopt.

Religion has no place in a court of law.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I'd like one with the four greatest Americans of all time, the Beetles.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Can we throw in Snowden for the hell of it?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
All Americans do indeed deserve to have their Constitutional rights protected equally.

Anyone who says differently is a traitor to this country and to our Constitution.

And the way to do it is through enforcing existing laws and statutes, not creating more government agencies. Anyone who wants another task force is a big government, tax payer money-wasting asshat.

This needed to be repeated.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: introvert

A lame attempt to stop the blue wave. Try to appeal to the "other" republicans.
Lmfao, what blue wave?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So now we can choose our own sacraments, Shrines, have our own religious rituals, and select our own tome's for veneration.

oR...does your religion now have to be government approved? Sort of like getting a business license.

United States Department of religious affairs. Just what we need to keep those Muslim heathens in line....

edit on 31-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I could put him in the corner, chained to his own little asteroid next to Reality Winner and Manning.

Name a price.

edit on 31-7-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why do you use a liberal newspaper from the UK?,maybe because it isn't true,they saw some post on Facebook regarding this,then put their own spin on it,fake news by a liberal

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I could put him in the corner, chained to his own little asteroid next to Reality Winner and Manning.

Name a price.

57 shmeckles and a high five.

Haha, but seriously. You could do a piece on people sacrificing their freedom only for the hope that society may reclaim theirs one day. Should they take their blinders off.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Why do you use a liberal newspaper from the UK?,maybe because it isn't true,they saw some post on Facebook regarding this,then put their own spin on it,fake news by a liberal

Cool strawman. I'm sure you Googled it and made sure that was the case before you threw your spin on the thread.

You're free to go bub.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This whole thing makes me very inquisitive.

Nobody expects the American inquisition!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Name a price.

57 shmeckles and a high five.

Haha, but seriously. You could do a piece on people sacrificing their freedom only for the hope that society may reclaim theirs one day. Should they take their blinders off.

Why so mean? That leaves me 363 shmeckles short of a real workflow, Dick Cheney!

I'm thinking Plato's Cave filled with a bunch of neolibcons giggling at their wall of shadows.

Quite the train of thoughts right there, much obliged.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Bush and Obama looking at a map of the Middle East with s### eating grins rubbing their sweaty palms together.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

no, it has nothing to do with "protecting churches"
it has to do with protecting the right of those followers of religions to bypass laws that are designed to protect equal access to services, housing, employment, AND HEALTHCARE while also allowing religious organizations to keep their precious tax credit and various government contracts while denying anyone they can find a "religious" reason to deny select groups of people their services and employment, as well as denying some types of "healthcare" to those who are under their care through those gov't contracts. at the moment it seems that most of it revolves around gay rights and abortion.. but I imagine just about everyone would be rather dismayed if they were to get into an accident and if they found out that the hospital that you are taken to wouldn't provide a few pints of blood you needed to live because it was owned by a group of johovah witnesses! although, you catholic hospitals seem to be managing to do this when women come in miscarrying and in need to have labor induced.
you can't drive a mile in any direction where I live without passing a church or two, or three.... and they don't need to keep their religion in their church... they can take it out to the beach, or any other place where people tend to gather to preach and harass others.... including a catholic church!!
it also will allow those religious groups to be much more open when it comes to political views. if you believe that the separation of church and state protects the church from govt influence... this should concern you since it more or less allows some groups (evangelicals ) to align with gov't which will then work to bring their religious beliefs into society more than it is... so when it comes to prayer in school, it won't be a catholic prayer, or a jewish prayer, or a muslim prayer...
it will be a prayer that the evangelicals and politicians decide is appropriate for the kids to join in. if they push to include bible teaching in the school... it will be them who decide what those teaching will consist of...
it's not protecting religious beliefs, it's dominating those beliefs, deciding what beliefs are proper, which aren't...
wars have been fought over such disagreements in the past.

remember there are probably just as many people, maybe even more people, that would think that it would be the morally proper thing to give the miscarrying women an abortion to avoid prolonging her pain and endangering her life than there are that think it's morally proper not to... and each should have the protection of that constitution to do what they believe. for the gov't to step in and decide, is for them to decide which is the correct belief. just because this group believe that a gay couple should be treated harshly, denied services or housing, doesn't mean that everyone who they employ believe the same. and... it all boils down to just whom the freedom of religion is extended to churches and religious groups as an institution or churches as in the individuals more.. if it is the institutions then the bigger the institution, the more clout they will have over the politicians, the more their rights will be protected.. while well, if you aren't connected to one of those institutions then I guess your beliefs don't matter as much?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sounds like religious police to me.
Just like Afghanistan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join