It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions announces new 'Religious Liberty Task Force' at Department of Justice

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: olaru12

It is apparent that you totally miss the point of Religious Freedom.

No I haven't...As long as the faithful can put those sodomites and pedos on the road to hell like is says in the Holy book it's doing the Lords work.
Brother Session's and the task force against SIN is a blessing we have long longed for.
edit on 31-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Of course Muslims are included in religion freedom.

Has the 'war on religion' prevented them from attending a mosque?

Rhetorical.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Correct. Not only can no one stop us from believing what we want to believe, no one can force us to believe something we do not want to either.

We have both the freedom of religion and the freedom from it.

Yeah, but we need bigger government to make sure it never happens, even though it never happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, it is.

But it does not mean that those who choose to abstain can try to push their country to force everyone to abstain.

I have seen very few instances eluding to the idea anyone is trying to do that. In fact, I have defended on multiple occasions that no one should have to downplay their celebration of Christmas because it offends people. That doesn't offend me just like any other religious celebration doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is when politicians openly start policy geared towards or backed by religion. It has no place in politics. I don't mind if a politician is religious, and I understand much of their decision making may be influenced by their belief structure.

But I don't want policy pushed that could give favoritism to any kind of belief structure.

As I said before, I find it ironic people are OK with more government in this case just because it falls in line with their beliefs.

We don't need more rules, we need to enforce the ones we have in place.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can see why it would freak you out that people have their rights protected. I realize these folks aren’t gay or some sort of transgendered, but believe it or not every American deserves to have their personal liberty preserved.

Should Pentecostals be able to allow their children to handle Rattle Snakes? Should Mormons be allowed to marry their 12 year old daughters off to older men who already have a few wives? Should Christian Scientists be allowed to deny their children life saving medical care?

Now that Sessions Religious Freedom task force is on the job, can New Agers start harvesting Magic Mushroom and Peyote for sacrificial consumption? Can Tarot Card Readers start selling magic spells on EBay again?

Of course religious freedom does not mean breaking the law. The laws must be reasonable though. This of course would include protection of minors from harm.

As for Peyote, this is an example of a reasonable law:
42 U.S. Code § 1996a - Traditional Indian religious use of peyote

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the use, possession, or transportation of peyote by an Indian for bona fide traditional ceremonial purposes in connection with the practice of a traditional Indian religion is lawful, and shall not be prohibited by the United States or any State. No Indian shall be penalized or discriminated against on the basis of such use, possession or transportation, including, but not limited to, denial of otherwise applicable benefits under public assistance programs.

Ebay is a private company and can do as they wish. They should not be forced to go against their beliefs. But if there is a "law" stopping the sale of magic spells, then yes, that would be a dumb law.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Correct. Not only can no one stop us from believing what we want to believe, no one can force us to believe something we do not want to either.

We have both the freedom of religion and the freedom from it.

Yeah, but we need bigger government to make sure it never happens, even though it never happens.

Thank Jebus and the Flying Spaghetti monster for Jeff Sessions....or else.
edit on 31-7-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Of course Muslims are included in religion freedom.

After the Muslim ban, I'm sure they are relieved to see Session's is making a task force to protect them.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I just sacrificed a goat to Baphomet/Yahweh.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Sessions mentions this in his speech:

Three weeks ago, we obtained a jury verdict against a man who set fire to a mosque in Texas and sentenced for a man from Missouri for threatening to kill members of a mosque.

The protection is for everyone.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Sheesh. There was no "Muslim ban".

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Not what I'm talking about. Are you prevented from attending religious services or worshiping whatever it is that you feel like? How has the 'war on religion' prevented you from exercising your religion?

ETA: And Jeffy had nothing to do with that, it was handled by existing agencies.

edit on 31-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But I don't want policy pushed that could give favoritism to any kind of belief structure.

Well that's to bad because the faithful now have a 'task force' to implement the Word.
And don't worry about being discriminated against unless you are wrapped in the vile cloak of SIN.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Sessions mentions this in his speech:

Three weeks ago, we obtained a jury verdict against a man who set fire to a mosque in Texas and sentenced for a man from Missouri for threatening to kill members of a mosque.

The protection is for everyone.

www.justice.gov...

So then why do we need a task force if the DOJ is doing their jobs with said cases?

It's a power grab and it's obvious. In a couple of weeks/months while everyone is distracted with some playboy model, there will be a thread about policy brought through after this tested the water. The thread will have 3 flags, and a few replies. OP will be made fun of for thinking it's the start of something more sinister.

The Patriot Act was enacted with very little push back because we were in a time of war. I can't count how many times it's been abused.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Of course religious freedom does not mean breaking the law.

Like discriminating against people whose life style religious people don't agree with, like refusing shelter, service and employment, for example?

As for Peyote, this is an example of a reasonable law:
42 U.S. Code § 1996a - Traditional Indian religious use of peyote

New agers aren't typically Native American. As the law stands right now, Peyote can only be administered by a Native American shaman. That's discrimination against non-Native Americans who want to experience the spiritual through a non-Indian lens!

Ebay is a private company and can do as they wish. They should not be forced to go against their beliefs.

LOL! HAHA! eBay's closely held beliefs include not getting sued for deceptive business practices! Their priests are their lawyers!

edit on 31-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Well that's to bad because the faithful now have a 'task force' to implement the Word.

I hope this new task force ends the blatant war on religion and compels people to wish each other a 'happy holiday' between Thanksgiving (or Halloween these days) and the birth date of Sol Invictus.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In June, we filed suit against a town in New Jersey that had refused over and over again—for eight years—to let an Orthodox Jewish congregation buy land for a synagogue.

And just last week we filed a brief in federal court supporting the case of a Hindu temple in Maryland that claimed to have suffered discrimination in its attempts to purchase land.

In January, we filed a brief in a Montana court to defend parents who claim that the state barred their children from a private school scholarship program because they attend a religious school.

We also filed an amicus brief on behalf of the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., which was refused advertising space for having a religious message—including “joy to the world” on Merry Christmas.

The Department of Justice has settled 24 civil cases with 90 plaintiffs regarding the previous administration’s wrong application of the contraception mandate to objecting religious employers.

Last month, a district court in Colorado issued a permanent injunction in the case involving the Little Sisters of the Poor, a group of nuns who serve the elderly poor.

This is a permanent injunction and a major victory for the Little Sisters of the Poor and religious freedom.

The government has no business telling the Little Sisters that they must provide an insurance policy that violates their sincere religious beliefs.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I just sacrificed a goat to Baphomet/Yahweh.

That's the spirit.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Religion is not about just going to church for most people.
It is a way of life.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Like discriminating against people whose life style religious people don't agree with, like refusing shelter, service and employment, for example?

That's the choice they made to follow Satan rather than the lord. It's called divine retribution. Praise God....we now have a "task force" !!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That's the holy spirit.

I can correct your comment because Jeffy Boy is protecting me from you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join