It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gents - would you grow your hair long again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Laugh😆
It's good for you

We'll all be there eventually

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

My Step dad had long hair with a full face of beard and mustache. One day he cut it all off, and as I walked into the house after school.... he met me at the door and I freaked out. I didn't know who he was or if I just walked into someone else's house.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Oh my hat!

His catma went through his dogma.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Hehehe..
Sure did

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Now to put vanity aside and think on DOES HAIR HAVE SPECIAL PURPOSE and are we actually blinding ourselves in some way by cutting it short?.
Native american view

www.truthinsideofyou.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I try and keep mine short after having hair down to waist,now if I let it grow and don't shave,I'll have kids trying to sit on my lap and tell them what they want for Xmas,my hair has turned snow white

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Oh the pain!

Going to metal-night, and headbanging for hours, and the next morning you got to get all those knots out of your hair.

It was a mission, and at one point I said, "Dear hair, I'm very attached to you - but I must bury you in the sky, alongside my foreskin".

Dude, it's never coming back.

Matey you need to learn and perfect the art of windmilling!

Never had knots.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
I'm 32, can still pull it off! but honestly I really don't think age matters! do what you like!

I love my long hair, but it pisses me off at the same time, especially when it gets past my chin ... I have wavy/curly hair so for me the best length that i think I can pull off is about ear lobe length, any longer and it's riding that line between OK and ... # no!!! when I look in a mirror.

Really considering just chopping it all off, haven't made my mind up yet.

Best length for me ...

I realise this is more of a gents only thread but i wanted to say I know that feeling.

For years ive got long hair and had been threatening to do a Britney. The photo to the left here is me with short short short hair (in lace scarf). Only health benefit i had apart from lavk of sweaty neck was that my psoriasis calmed the fudge down and flare ups werent long lasting.

And since growing back in hair is now prone to going curly with an occasional ringlet at the nape.

Anyway the point is, sometimes bite the bullet and do it. Your hair will alwasys grow back and may surprise you.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I am 36 and a while ago i decided to grow a long hair again, like i had in my teen years and somewhere in the early twenties. So it covered my neck and started to grow down the upper back. Then it started to get knots in it. So i figured i need to buy a hairbrush and a hair conditioner. That remained only as a thought and i didn't get them. So the knots got worse and one morning the ends of my hair were in my coffee mug as i drank.

I thought "enough of this now!" and cut it away with a 6mm blade. No regrets.

But if you feel like you want to give it a shot, i think you should absolutely do it!

no amount of conditioning and combing is going to fully repair split ends.

You need to trim your hair!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I’m 25 now. Had long hair from 19-23.
It looked fine, but irritated the hell outa me at times.

Somehow I’ve still got hair, thought I was losing it at one stage.
I only go for a haircut every 3 months, then let it grow out. No point in shelling out cash for a haircut every month.
I do a bit of comb-over because I have 2 crowns, but no one says I’m losing it, asked my friends, they all laughed and said if it ever starts looking thin they’ll let me know.

Pretty sure I’m gonna look like a creep if I ever go bald.

Got sunburn on my scalp once, that’s when I thought I was losing it.
Seems to have come back nicely.

Edit: I like old folks with long hair, if you still can, give it a shot. You ain’t got nothing to lose
edit on 26-7-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I finally cut mine this year. I'm 56. It just got too thin and looked scraggy.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Been shaving my head since I was in my mid 30's. Don't need to buy shampoo, pay for a haircut...the only downside to me was razor prices but now I joined one of those mail order razor clubs and it's no problem at all.

So the answer is a big: NO! Hair is more trouble than it's worth, IMO.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When I retire, I'm letting that hair grow.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

from about 2 years ago... I currently look the same except the head is shaved (electric sheep shears, so by "shaved" I mean perpetual 5 O'clock shadow on the scalp) and the beard is a little longer.

I started going grey in my early 20s and was completely grey on my head 10 years ago, beard within the past 5 years (seems to be an inherited thing some Scandanavian folks carry the gene for). I grow my hair out until I'm sick of looking at grey hair and then I shave my head. I sometimes trim the beard, but very rarely shave and haven't been clean shaven since high school. By 15 I could grow an actual man's beard and pretty much grew an untouched goatee and my hair from 17 (when football season ended) to 6 years later when I graduated from college. I had a good foot long goat and my hair was down to my elbows.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Haha, good question, I have had a skinhead for nearly 30 years but stopped shaving my head last November. I have a lovely thick wavy head of hair now and I'm letting it grow longer.
Everyone I know says I look better with it, and even strangers have complimented me, girl at the bank said I look much more handsome lol.
In this hot weather though I'm noticing the difference with a thick mop of hair!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I have Psoriasis in my scalp too, utter pain in the ass! interesting that shaving your head helped, that would be worth it for me to be honest so there's already a plus.

My sister did a Britney earlier this year ..well as close to a Britney as you can imagine, couple shades thicker, she did it because she has put so much dye on her hair over the years, she wanted a fresh start. Anyway, her hair grew back nice, still short-ish right now, says she's glad she did it, much healthier ... and now it's Pink!

If I do bite the bullet, my hair grows fast so, don't think I'll have anything to bother over. This summer heat ... probably be a blessing I imagine!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

burd - you look like some hairy Aaron "Chief" Douglas there

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Oooh no, cut it with scissors, ended up about an inch long..probably a bit longer in parts

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Havnt cut mine in two years.

Luvin it

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Oh you went all Edward Scissorhands ... that's brave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join