It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gents - would you grow your hair long again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Do comb-overs count?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I am 36 and a while ago i decided to grow a long hair again, like i had in my teen years and somewhere in the early twenties. So it covered my neck and started to grow down the upper back. Then it started to get knots in it. So i figured i need to buy a hairbrush and a hair conditioner. That remained only as a thought and i didn't get them. So the knots got worse and one morning the ends of my hair were in my coffee mug as i drank.

I thought "enough of this now!" and cut it away with a 6mm blade. No regrets.

But if you feel like you want to give it a shot, i think you should absolutely do it!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Of course - we shall over-comb some day!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Nope. But i've been going bald since I was 20. I started shaving my head when I was 23 and haven't bothered to grow it out at all since. Just good old number two all over. When i was a teenager i had long hair, when i think back on it now though all i can remember is how annoying it was...especially in the wind. The beard though i'll let grow sometimes in the winter. It helps keep the face warm.

edit on 25/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I had hair down to my waist in my twenties. I wish I had cut it then and I'm glad it's at near zero now, for so many reasons I can't count. I don't own a comb or hairbrush. I could have save myself a lot of grief.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
In my forties now, but every time I go for a hair-cut, I wonder - shouldn't I rather let it grow again?
Not that I have much of a choice anyway.

Besides that only really looks hip when you're in your twenties.

But I still dream about it.
Sometimes wake up drenched in sweat, thinking: "Where's my hair"?

I turned 39 this year, and I've had my hair long at least 4 different times in my life. I last cut it off around when I was 37, and I told myself I'll grow it out again once I reach 40.

Some people look really good with long hair, and I don't think it matters how old they are, as long as you take care of it. If it looks greasy and shaggy, then it's probably best you get it cut.

Personally, I really enjoy having long hair, but I also really enjoy having short hair. Unfortunately for me, I have hair that only looks good short/long, definitely not in the middle. lol I always want my hair long again when it's short, and when it's long I always think about getting it cut. I should just grow it out long again, cut it and turn it into a wig, that way I can have the best of both worlds. lol

If you feel like growing it out, I say just do it, you can always cut it if you don't like it, go back to what you're normally used to. The only thing I like to warn people about is make sure you can handle the middle-phase. That's when your hair is long enough to be very annoying and untamable(mine is, I have thick hair with lots of volume), but not long enough to actually tie back and keep nice. Most people end up getting frustrated and cutting their hair at that stage.

Good luck if you try it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wish I was 20 again.

Which ever direction the gods will grow it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That's why I fear for the existentialism of current barbershops.

Got the wind in the sail now, and even importing Algerian reinforcements.

I take my hat off to them, they work their butts off.

But it's a shaky existence.
One change in fashion and the men no longer want haircuts.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I learned to like having shorter hair. Especially after the army.

Now I just keep a medium fade.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

hey thats my photo

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Short hair is easy maintenance.....
And like above... it's free air conditioning. Many years as a firefighter/paramedic plus RN PHRN...
No time for hair.

44yo..

Edit: I had a mullet my senior year of high school.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If it weren’t for the receding hairline in front and the 4” bald spot on the crown...sure. But I suspect I’ll be shaving my skull till the end...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Mullet? Like Joe Dirt mullet?

Tell me it ain't so!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It was very lush in curls.... more like Mario Lemieux.
Thinking I was Lars Ulrich. 🙄

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: watchitburn

Where I live, your user name is very apt for a shaved head.

Second.

Ummm...where I'm from...your user name goes good with fine swine and banjo music...

Bad dog...Ma...bad dog...

Oh yessir with the shaved head thing...It goes better when I Cosplay Hitman...or Rude...or Slenderman...

I did the Hippie style...back when there were real Hippies...

YouSir
edit on 25-7-2018 by YouSir because: context man...context...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Tee-hee, not the first time I published that pic.

Twenty years later here is me for comparison (sorry, wearing pajamas).

A fool I may be, but a fraud I am not.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I grow my hair and beard long for the many cowboy movies shot here in Tamalewood.

www.bonanzacreekranch.com...

But it sometimes gets cut for TV roles, like "Better Call Saul" but they pay you to cut your hair and shave.

www.sagaftra.org...

Ummm...shameless plug...

Oh...I meant the hair...ha ha ha...

Yousir

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Dare to dream...
If I could still grow all the hair on the top of my head, I'd let it run wild and free.im I used to have long hair, not metal long, but hockey long, without the obligatory mullet .
I've been told often that I look handsome as bald man, but personally, at times I prefer to have a lot of hair as opposed to not much. There's more versatility in it.
Alas, that dream has died. Unless I shell out for resto work.
Which seems tempting at times. Idk. My 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nope, I wouldn't. 40+ years ago, I had hair down to my elbows, and twice a week wore it as purple and green spikes. I've been shaving my head for 20 years, and that's the way I like it. Smooooooooooth. Silky, even.

If there were a miracle pill you could take that would regrow hair and not cause any health problems, I wouldn't take it. Worked hard to be me and I'm not going back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join