It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NETFLIX has gone way too far - "Leftist" Michelle Wolf's salutes ABORTION

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, you're right about one thing.
Maybe I could learn to be less intense in the way I see and present things. Laugh is good, but sometimes there is nothing to laugh about.

Now, I think you could start being more aware of the kind of message that is being promoted to the current and the next generation through the means of social media and the entertainment industry. And also the impact it might have on us and our kids.

From the looks of it, many people in this thread seem to think a show like this one does no harm at all. But I think this could not be farther from the truth.

It's an insult to our mind to make such bs jokes about abortion in the way she did, while trying to make it look like an entirely good thing. We should enlight and teach people on difficult matters, not make debilitating jokes and try to make it something it isn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: St0rD

BUT NOW, this Michelle Wolf and her 'A salute to abortion' is everything but comedy. She is a shame to real woman out there who truly had to go through the disturbing experience that abortion is. She clearly has no idea what she is talking about going with "Woman should be proud of abortion" claims.

You say it's not comedy. many other people say it is.

How would you know what real women think about michelle?

Have women that have had an abortion talked to you personally about not liking what wolf had to say? Or are you just quoting some article you read?

She clearly has no idea what she is talking about going with "Woman should be proud of abortion" claims.

You have vast knowledge in what women are going through when they choose to have an abortion?

I have no problem with it since I'm the kind of person that fight for truth and that think that nothing should be taboo to speak about.

You are proving that this is not true with this thread.

nothing should be taboo to speak about.

Except abortion or whatever else offends you personally I bet.

I work in health care that's why I know about the damage an abortion can do mentally to a woman. This is nothing to celebrate about.

And well, as for the rest, it seems like you've not taken the time to read through the thread carefully. I said I couldn't care less about the jokes she made, they lack complete humor and but that is on her only.

The real issue here is that it seems to be a narrative. Everything that she says look like it is supporting an agenda. To make abortion feels like it is allllllll good. A proud choice. No consequences at all.

# off. Abortion is nothing like she tries to portrays.

If only she was funny, maybe I could take it. But it is be the most generic jokes I've heard all year. Tell me, did you really find the video funny?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Translation
You don't know # about why she is doing it and you are not the authority on what is funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You keep saying if she was funny you could take it.

Do you not realize that not everyone feels how you do?

And but what will happen to our kids???

That's the real not funny joke

Buncha babies

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

You keep saying if she was funny you could take it.

Do you not realize that not everyone feels how you do?

And but what will happen to our kids???

That's the real not funny joke

Buncha babies

I'm pretty sure most people here didn't find this # funny but just defends it for the sake of it.

I understand that everybody has a different sense of humor and I respect diversity, but man, we gotta step up and be able to recognize when people go too far.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I ask again.
What is too far and who decides?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I ask again.

Of course Hollywood decides for all of us..duh... Rosanne was too far, why, because they said she was too far and fired her, as example. Wolf is never too far, no matter what, so she is GTG....

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

A few months ago we all clutched our pearls and fainted over the encroaching police state in the UK harassing people for making bad jokes and for protesting. We shouted "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!".

THen we cancelled Roseanne, fired Gunn, and went about harassing this ugly little troll for her bad jokes.

I can't help but laugh at my own country for its neurotic behavior.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can never understand Americans and their freedoms? They shout about how free their country is, and then scream hysterically that a woman shouldn't be free to choose?? Is a woman free to choose an abortion if it's needed, surely it's her and her partners choice?
Some members should also read up on safe sex and contraception instead of moaning about child support!!

edit on 25-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I ask again.

Too far is when something is done wrongly against others. When you have people making jokes about gays, or disabilities, or whatever is taboo, if it is done with the simple intent of entertaining and having a good laugh, then we should not care less.

But when there is a sinister twist to it, for example when someone makes a jokes about black people or obeses in order to bring shame upon them, then you have crossed a line.

Nowhere in this episode do I see a sense of respect about others opinion. She clearly states she doesn't give a # about counter argument. She also tells others woman to be proud about their abortions. That it is a good deal.
In my book, this is an attack to their psyche, this is dictating how they should feel. Anyone in his sane mind knows this is nothing to be proud of. Why is M.W claiming this then? Clearly not all she says is a joke at this point and this part really seemed like she were trying to make a stand. A very stupid one that is. That abortion is something to be proud of...

That's where we should be drawing a line.
When people make claims (or jokes) that are based on bull# and lies.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

She is what passes for a comedian nowadays...what would make you think she has a duty to accept counter arguments? Is that how it works...comedians tolerate hecklers?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

One solution is to not watch it. That's much better than giving her the exact reaction she is looking for.
edit on 25|7|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That face is all the birth control one would ever need.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I would argue that not as a comedian, but as a sane
human being, she has the duty to celebrate other opinions. Especially when she has a platform into everybody's living room. Now she just spits on the other side of the coin while using his 'role of comedian' to pass a message of her own.

And by the way, most comedians use their talent to actually provide meaningful insights on delicate matters through the means of humor. In fact, it is mostly why we like it so much, because it lightens our hearts about the things we don't want to talk about while giving a spotlight to it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

THen we cancelled Roseanne, fired Gunn, and went about harassing this ugly little troll for her bad jokes

But there's no chance of Netflix firing that Dumb snip.

Netflix's political hackery runs abound.

variety.com...
edit on 25-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You're giving what You deem 'abhorrent' energy and that specific energy has power over You for some reason??? If You get bent, and it reads as if You're already 'askew' then 'it' has "power" over You.. Take Your power back, before it consumes even more....

Om Mani Padme Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Stay Hydrated...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So it's ok for you to moan and complain when someone is infringing on your "rights" and "freedoms", but think it's your right to stop others freedoms if that is abortion?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Quote ANYWHERE I said she should be fired?

DO IT!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Here ya go!!

But there's no chance of Netflix firing that Dumb snip.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You can certainly argue that...but if there is an audience that wants to hear her content, she will make money doing it. Which is what it is all about.

This notion that people are somehow duty bound to others flies in the face of the individuality that I am more attuned to.

ETA: I grew up watching Andrew Dice Clay. I do not agree with your assessment about "most comedians". To me, a comedian is anyone who can make me laugh. The last thing I want is some moral guidance from someone trying to make me laugh. Its ridiculous...it isn't comedy.
edit on 7/25/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join