It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NETFLIX has gone way too far - "Leftist" Michelle Wolf's salutes ABORTION

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If abortion is a womans choice then why to men get stuck with the bill if they decide to have it?

Never seen a law on that, what two consenting adults decide to do (or how to allocate money) is on them.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I'm all for dark humor, but this is just plain propaganda.

Hmmmm, Comedian says bad jokes=propaganda.

OP using video of said jokes = society crumbling, everyone celebrating abortion.

Sorry man, the math doesn't add up, plugged it into my calculator 3 times, just getting errors. Speaking of propaganda though......

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Everyday it feels like I wake up to a more troubled reality. Today was no different.

What if I told you that ABORTION should be celebrated? I hope you would call me insane but unfortunately for all us, it seems there exist amongs us people who think just alike.

Okay... but let's not pretend like this is the only insanity permeating our sick world. How can I kill thee? Let me count the ways: abortion, capital punishment, euthanasia, failure to "comply," war, lack of medical care...

And let's not also pretend like we give a rat's patootie about those lives already here and in need and suffering, in large part because of the craptastic job our critters have done on Capitol Hill and state houses... can't afford medical care? Too damn bad. Can't afford food? Too damn bad. Can't afford a home? Too damn bad. Can't afford retirement? Too damn bad. Can't find a job? Too damn bad.

Oh sure... there's folks out there advocating for this group or that group... those so-called "special interests." But when it comes to universally respecting and nurturing life and lives for its own sake? Nope. Everyone wants to pick and choose the winners and losers.

Even in your OP, not once did you say why this is insane. It's not that hard. "Life is sacred and sacrosanct." Unless and until we -- as a nation and a society -- once again embrace and revere that very simple concept, we will continue to go to hell in a handbasket.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Considering that is appears to be a Daily Show segment, what is the exact context that she discusses on the topic?

The Daily Show is known for using hot-button topics and extreme language as a vehicle for humor.

Could you provide a general overview of what point they make?

I don't know much about her or the shows she participates in.

But I do believe she made this statement around the retirement announcement of Justice Kennedy from the Supreme court, a strong defender of abortion rights.

At first I thought it was a parody, but turns out it's her true views about abortion and the way it should be treated.

link   
What's REALLY funny is that people that are pissed about this, or are going to be once they read this, don't watch these comedians. They just need something to continue to fuel their outrage.

ETA: The post above mine makes the point:

originally posted by: St0rD

edit on 25-7-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

link   
Another thread crying about wolf. Soon to be another crying about sacha cohen.

Its comedy. Nothing should be off limits. You guys are the biggest babies when it comes to this #.

If you dont like it don't watch. Cancel Netflix and your sensitive eyes and ears will be safe

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I didn't make it 30 seconds - that voice holy crap

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
If you dont like it don't watch. Cancel Netflix and your sensitive eyes and ears will be safe

I'm on Netflix every day and don't see this. You have to look for it. Oh the horror.

link   
a reply to: kurthall

but for you to lump me with the likes of this woman, just shows that your narrow minded.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still mad?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If abortion is a womans choice then why to men get stuck with the bill if they decide to have it?

Never seen a law on that, what two consenting adults decide to do (or how to allocate money) is on them.

Never heard of child support?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Its comedy. Nothing should be off limits. You guys are the biggest babies when it comes to this #.

Exactly.

I agree.

That being said, I am looking forward to the 2020 election where I get to call the mothers and daughters of the democrat candidates "feckless ####'s" because I will find it so amusing.

COMEDY!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I have, that's where a man pays money if he doesn't stay with the woman after ramifications of (I hope) a consensual act.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I have, that's where a man pays money if he doesn't stay with the woman after ramifications of (I hope) a consensual act.

Stuck with the bill.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Watch something else?

On a side note. I bought some eggs straight off the farm yesterday. Got home to make some fried eggs and taters, and one of the eggs had some vein development in the yoke. Ate it anyway. Did I kill and eat a whole baby chicken?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Comedy is supposed to be funny.
This is clearly just an attempt at portraying abortion as cool and normal. It isn't.

I don't mind about what comedians say or do, but I do mind about why they say it. Clearly this doesn't seem to be a "nothing to see here" kind of thing.

This is just #ed up.

And BTW, you're right. I'm gonna cancel Netflix as soon as I can for pushing sickening agenda like this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Did I kill and eat a whole baby chicken?

Chickencide!

Im gonna call peta!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Comedy is supposed to be funny.
This is clearly just an attempt at portraying abortion as cool and normal. It isn't.

I don't mind about what comedians say or do, but I do mind about why they say it. Clearly this doesn't seem to be a "nothing to see here" kind of thing.

This is just #ed up.

And BTW, you're right. I'm gonna cancel Netflix as soon as I can for pushing sickening agenda like this one.

Cool. Maybe stop watching comedy?

Cancel Netflix and buy the waltons box set. You'll be good to go then

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
What's REALLY funny is that people that are pissed about this, or are going to be once they read this, don't watch these comedians. They just need something to continue to fuel their outrage.

ETA: The post above mine makes the point:

It's not about the comedian. It's about the message she promotes. Why should I care about Michelle Wolf, or why would I have to watch her shows weekly to make a statement about it?

The matter of fact is that she has a huge platform in Netflix and I'm judging her by what she provides to it.
Furthermore, I can see the trend about this kind of stuff getting stronger everyday, this girl has nothing special to do with it. She's just a pawn.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Enjoy it

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I guess abortion is the US versions of what the Spartans did with their unwanted.

Effing Democracies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join