It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NETFLIX has gone way too far - "Leftist" Michelle Wolf's salutes ABORTION

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Sounded like a statement of FACT.

Considering NETFLIX hired the Obamas.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
a reply to: introvert

Well, you're right about one thing.
Maybe I could learn to be less intense in the way I see and present things. Laugh is good, but sometimes there is nothing to laugh about.

Now, I think you could start being more aware of the kind of message that is being promoted to the current and the next generation through the means of social media and the entertainment industry. And also the impact it might have on us and our kids.

From the looks of it, many people in this thread seem to think a show like this one does no harm at all. But I think this could not be farther from the truth.

It's an insult to our mind to make such bs jokes about abortion in the way she did, while trying to make it look like an entirely good thing. We should enlight and teach people on difficult matters, not make debilitating jokes and try to make it something it isn't.

I disagree.

It is through vehicles such as humor that some people actually become interested enough to dig in to certain topics.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Free speech is a wonderful thing. If you let it run its course you usually find the true nature of people. And then I select who I want to be involved with or who I want to not be associated with. That is the decision you make. I will never watch this woman show she is disgusting that is the decision I made. She has the right to be on the air. I hope she keeps showing her true colors.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Freedom of speech.
Just don't say anything.
People will cry rivers

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Free speech" an often misinterpreted phrase, is all fun and games until the moment you don't agree and become offended. That line usually falls along the same old political party or religious beliefs.

Coincides with my beliefs = free speech YAY!
Goes against my beliefs = shame ACTION MUST BE TAKEN!

I suspect that most people's "free speech" views are exactly opposite when putting Roseanne Barr up against Michelle Wolfe, based solely on political leanings rather than any real support for the (false) concept of "free speech."

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This is disgusting to say the least.
Abortion is a choice that a human being has the right to do but it must never EVER be portrayed as something to be 'proud of'.

So, you think abortion should be shrouded in shame? ...Women who've had an abortion should keep silent about the freedom and relief they felt afterwards?

Because forcing women to have unwanted children is the proper penal price to pay for not keeping that aspirin between their knees.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, you think abortion should be shrouded in shame? ...Women who've had an abortion should keep silent about the freedom and relief they felt afterwards?

Because forcing women to have unwanted children is the proper penal price to pay for not keeping that aspirin between their knees.

First, reversing Roe vs Wade is a dead horse that the left feels they need to kick every four years. Second, abortions is not a laughing matter either way you look at it. It is a very emotional event...I'm surprised you would suggest the flip side to joking about them would be "shrouded in shame". How about neither?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Think I listened to her for about 30 seconds once... I wondered how she got labeled a comedian and clicked a different video. Timing seemed off, jokes were meh at best, and as already mentioned her voice... play her on a loop and you would get prisoners to crack and sell their mothers in hours.

As much as I detest celebrating something like an Abortion, I prefer these idiots having a venue to spew their vitriol... lets me know beyond a shadow a doubt who to avoid/campaign against, or vote against.

So let them speak, that Netflix ran with this just suggests I look elsewhere to stream content.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How about neither?

So, just don't talk about it? Keep it secret and in the dark, like incest and rape. But it's okay for a bunch of white old men talk about banning it! All your suggestion does is keep abortion shrouded in shame.

Women everywhere know what it's like to experience the relief and freedom aborts can offer.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I would never suggest banning it, Supreme court has ruled so short of a ground breaking court case it will never be banned.

But I take exception to your comment...

Women everywhere know what it's like to experience the relief and freedom aborts can offer.

I have assisted some friends taking them to the clinic and staying with them afterwards and checking up on them over the next week or so post procedure. ( I don't like it but I will help a friend that asks) I saw them struggle to get past the depression that procedure caused, wondering what kind of life they took away from the world, wondering if they did the right thing.

Sometimes they tried to justify the decision to me, its not my place to grant them forgiveness because that was something they had to come to grips with themselves. (I just let them talk, and I tried to stick to neutral terms with them, and yes they knew I was against abortion but they also knew I would help them in their time of need without ratting them out to family or co-workers.)

It may have been a relif and freedom for you, but the people I have personally watched deal with the after effects, it was not a relief and typically took a long time for them to reach a point where they did not outwardly show the guilt anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have assisted some friends taking them to the clinic and staying with them afterwards and checking up on them over the next week or so post procedure.

Do you seek out pregnant women to drive to abortion clinics, or do you just know a lot of women in need of abortions?

Sometimes they tried to justify the decision to me

Why should they have to? Maybe it's your judgmental attitude that makes them feel the need to let you know how guilty they feel? Heaven forbid they should tell you that they feel relieved and have a new found sense of freedom, after you went to all that trouble taking them to the clinic and all.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"Imagine a sick, twisted world where child abortion is considered a virtue and those who champion it are considered heroes"

Sounds like the prologue to an Orson Wells novel... doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have not read this thread yet but wanted to chime in that I tortured myself by watching the entire first episode to give it a chance and try to understand her opinions. She was mostly rude, not funny or persuasive (which is a trait i believe females tend to have) and overall deemed this show is revolting.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What's "child abortion"?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

When someone kills an unborn child.

Just for the record, I think abortion is disgusting, but I also believe in a woman's right to choose whether she wants to have a child or not. This doesn't mean they are some sort of hero that should be revered. It's insane.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What is you stance on killing unborn adults?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

The same as killing unborn humans.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Just for the record, I think abortion is disgusting, but I also believe in a woman's right to choose whether she wants to have a child or not. This doesn't mean they are some sort of hero that should be revered. It's insane.

Yes, any ending of human life that isn't a matter of free choosing by the deceased party is at best disgusting, at worse, murder.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Since women's reproductive rights are being threatened, and their sexuality has been corralled into corners of shame, I do believe that in this day and age abortion should be celebrated. The doctors and nurses who risk their lives to provide abortions are the real heroes and they should be revered.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Stand your ground.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join