It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bringmecoffee
This is the first ME thread that I’ve agreed with. It was 100% Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing. Nothing could convince me otherwise.

This is the first one I can confidently go to bat for. Bernstein Bears got me too but I was willing to blame my memory with that one.

How the # is someone going to try and tell me that Stouffers Stovetop Stuffing never existed. This is a good one for sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think some one's brain might be trying to insert an extra "S" word in the product.

At 52, I can remember when the product was still a new kid on the block, and it was always just called "Stove Top Stuffing"

I can remember the commercials quite clearly, especially the ones of the kids conspiring to get more than one dinner with Stove Top Stuffing.

The only thing Stouffers has ever really put out is frozen foods, or whole entrees that are frozen, the the only "stuffed" thing they have sold is Stuffed Peppers.

Back in the old days, Stove Top Stuffing was sold (and invented by) General Foods, who was aquired later by Kraft.....who has since been aquired by Heinz. Kraft stuck their logo on the box after that.

1989 commercial before Kraft got General Foods:

Some of my favorite ones were with Jonathan Winters:

By 1999, Kraft had gotten General Foods and stuck their logo on the box:

Even then, it was simply called "Stove Top Stuffing"

Stouffer's food products have always been frozen foods that capitalized on using the oven and especially the microwave oven when it became popular in the 1970s. They've never had a bread product that you make into stuffing.

Good chance that anyone wants to think it was "Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing" are simply people who really like alliterations.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Stouffer's exclusively manufactures frozen food, so, no, there was never a "Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing." The phrase is copyright by Kraft. Stouf- may have elided into stove in your mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I remember it as Stouffers too.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A shame one of these timeline shifts can't bring peace and cooperation to the planet. That must be too much for even the universe.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

originally posted by: bringmecoffee
This is the first ME thread that I’ve agreed with. It was 100% Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing. Nothing could convince me otherwise.

This is the first one I can confidently go to bat for. Bernstein Bears got me too but I was willing to blame my memory with that one.

How the # is someone going to try and tell me that Stouffers Stovetop Stuffing never existed. This is a good one for sure.

I guess I can’t argue with the evidence, or lack there of, but I wont be able to convince my brain that I’m wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I worked in a grocery store in from 2006-2008. I never stocked any stouffers stuffing. We had the Kraft stuffing and some other brands, no stouffers. There's lots of frozen Stouffer's crap though. Including:

Stouffer's turkey and stuffing

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I remember TV ads for this.
ETA
Erik found them. I still don't believe it. Commercials from the other timeline

edit on 22-7-2018 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

Because it never existed. Stouffers makes frozen food. Pepperidge farm makes stuffing. Kraft does, there are of course store knockoffs. But Stouffers never made box stuffing.
There is no such thing as the Mandela effect. Just faulty memories.

The stuffing was originally General Foods which was taken over by Kraft. It was just called stove top stuffing.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Do you remember Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing?

I do.

The label had "Stoffer's" at an angle on the top of the box with "Stove Stop Stuffing" below it. The box colors were nearly the same as the Kraft brand - but Stoffer's was a heavier font and angled.

This is no crap - I got a box of Stoffer's stuffing when I was on a cooking kick - I looked at the box on the shelf and had the thought that the label had an "Aldi's" feel vs the more refined Kraft brand next to it (I bought it anyway).

There is an immense amount of 'residue' - tons upon tons of people referencing Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing in recipes etc - but no images.

As usual, you can find many articles with an image of Kraft stuffing but with the text of "Stoffer's"...

(they give calorie info for Stouffer's stuffing, but show Kraft)
For some reason with the Mandela Effect you get constant examples where the title in the HTML is what we remember - but the photo, byline and text is changed. It doesn't have to do with the code of the page though - because it's prevalent in Newspapers too - where the paper is archived as an image - so the image in a newspaper will be a sale ad titled "Stouffers Stuffing" - with a Kraft box.. ..as though they're combined.

Stouffer's didn't merge with Kraft...

Stouffer's didn't drop their stuffing line..

This doesn't have to do with memory...

..it's not minor, it's not a mistake..

..and it's not lexicon from nothing.

Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing has simply never existed.

So where did all these people get Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing from? They didn't just make it up out of thin air.

Why do I remember two distinctly different boxes right next to each other - even the direct thought "Stouffer's stuffing looks cheap compared to Kraft"?

I don't have an explanation as to how or why this is happening - but I know it's very real. I'd like to talk about the how and why - but we should agree it's actually happening first before we try to 'solve it'.

Surely some of you remember Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing very clearly - I'd like to hear your experience.

Absolutely I remember the commercials and Stoffers part.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The universe is too busy messing up kids books and stuffing to be bothered.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

What commercials?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: roadgravel

The universe is too busy messing up kids books and stuffing to be bothered.

Naw- that stuffing was messed up before the universe go to it. It got put out of its misery. Also seems to have wiped out another vile delicacy called 'mashed squash'. Vile tasting orange slop that reminded me of a gob of earwax in consistency *and* taste. Mother would about force me the crap. :/
edit on 22-7-2018 by wylekat because: Sugar crashy grammar alert

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

There never was Stouffers stuffing in a box. Stouffers makes frozen foods only. No boxes no fresh no kits. Just frozen ... lasagna, turkey, chicken enchiladas, fried chicken Mac and cheese but no stuffing in a box. Never any dry goods from stouffefs. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I am very sorry. I like squash.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Do you remember Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing?

I've never heard of it.

I do know the band Ministry though.
I'm very knowledgeable on Ministry.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If you fry up some bulk sausage and onions and add it to the stuffing before cooking the stuffing mix it's good. Out of the box it tends to just taste like celery.
Get creative.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I am very sorry. I like squash.

*Squash*, I like. yellow, zucchini, ect. Whatever this stuff was, it was called squash- I doubt it actually was, but I have seen it exactly once, in a store in what looked like industrial style packaging- a white box with MASHED SQUASH in black type on it. Talk about appetizing! As to what it actually could be- I am guessing something akin to a pumpkin. I had raw pumpkin once. The taste was identical. My reaction was identical. What I almost did to the floor was identical.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If you fry up some bulk sausage and onions and add it to the stuffing before cooking the stuffing mix it's good. Out of the box it tends to just taste like celery.
Get creative.

My mother could do things to food that I am sure was banned by the Geneva Convention. 32 years later, and memory of the taste lingers with some stuff. There's food I simply cannot touch ever again.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have no idea. I never saw anything like that. Where do you live?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join