It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: andyr1112

why wont you answer my question? I can do this all day, you can choose to answer my question or keep going off on a dif tangent.

Im going to keep asking you to answer, I can do this all day.

I once called someone the N word in anger, does that mean im a racist or believe in racist ideology.

Answer or digress.

Yeah, actually it does make you kind of a racist if that word is in your angry list of things to shout when mad.
and if its found out by your Employer and this N word you called someone was verifiable on your facebook or other publicly viewable platforms your gonna get fired.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Freedom of speech is alive and well, but we the masses, have the freedom to point out a creep that does not belong in the field of children’s entertainment. In a civilized society there is a line you don’t cross. This man crossed it. He is a man of intelligence, he knew better but said those things out loud anywY. That makes him a sick- minded person. We are not locking him up, but we the masses are punishing him by outing his behavior. Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo
We do have a barometer on morality

You have your own and everyone else has their own.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Got it... so to a lot of people here, anything that was said in a persons life no matter how long ago can be used to judge who they are today?

Is that what people are actually saying, I don't care what the guy said 10 years ago what was said does not make him a pedophile without something like, oh I don't know PROOF, also see EVIDENCE of wrong doing.

Not to mention, how many of you people passing judgement have never said something that later you thought on and went... man that was dumb.

FFS I have said lots of stupid things in my life, many things I would never say now because I have grown since then.

Stones and glass houses people..

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Stones and glass houses within the Disney world, in other words, this employer has the right to make the rules in regards to corporate culture and all types of behaviour from staff and act accordingly if they deem someone's behaviour to negatively impact their reputation, or rather the bottom line.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Roseanne made a joke too.

Way back in the wayback machine when that very first poor gal tweeted a bad off-color joke, stepped onto her trans-Atlantic flight only to have her joke picked up by the PC twit-mob, derided as terribly racist so that she ended up fire before she landedamd could even respond, we told you all this was bad, very bad and needed to stop.

But no one paid attention. What do we conservatives know anyhow?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A lot of people paid attention to that tweet! She should never have been doused for such a flippant comment.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

You are right, Disney has the right to fire any employee for any reason.

My anger is directed a the people passing judgment on him for something he "tweeted" a decade ago, then when it finally came to light he didn't hide from it he admitted things and didn't blame Nyquil, or Ambien and got fired for his troubles.

Sometimes I like some of what Cernovich digs up, this though is bad juju both sets of wackadoos (right and left) are now going to dig into everyone's twitter past since Disney has now shown something said years ago can get you fired today.

I am glad I never got into twitter, this is going to get ugly in my opinion; but the bottom line will be an assault on the freedom of speech.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We do have a barometer on morality

You have your own and everyone else has their own.

are you a parent in America?
also what is your age?

be honest, because even though I will admit you are correct in your response to me to a degree, in order to argue the point we need to establish Perception in this situation in order to see eachother's viewpoint on the matter. also read my response to Irishhaf below

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

also what is your age?

Neither one is any of your business and has no relevance to holding an opinion about Gunn making off color jokes about not-real children.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

why wont you answer my question? I can do this all day, you can choose to answer my question or keep going off on a dif tangent.

I once called someone the N word in anger, does that mean im a racist or believe in racist ideology.

Answer or digress.

Yeah, actually it does make you kind of a racist if that word is in your angry list of things to shout when mad.
and if its found out by your Employer and this N word you called someone was verifiable on your facebook or other publicly viewable platforms your gonna get fired.

I doubt my black brother in law, who owns half the company that I started is going to "fire me"

And Im pretty sure that my wife, who is also african american, and my two children would have a good laugh at your accusation of me being black.

Nice try though, your false equivocation based on "words" is so far off base that its comical.

Try again.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Got it... so to a lot of people here, anything that was said in a persons life no matter how long ago can be used to judge who they are today?

Is that what people are actually saying, I don't care what the guy said 10 years ago what was said does not make him a pedophile without something like, oh I don't know PROOF, also see EVIDENCE of wrong doing.

Not to mention, how many of you people passing judgement have never said something that later you thought on and went... man that was dumb.

FFS I have said lots of stupid things in my life, many things I would never say now because I have grown since then.

Stones and glass houses people..

you are correct for the most part in your argument. People SHOULDNT label him as a pedophile like they know for sure.
the issue here lies in social taboo. let me explain.

If say we were neighbors, and even friends, and you made these crass and questionable statements about sex with children, lets assume two examples of the situation here, lets say we both had kids and wives, and for example A we will assume I was reading your twitter that day and lets also assume I knew your propensity for dark humour somewhat.

before continuing, I want to point out that example B will use the same example as example A, only difference being that we are to assume 10 years later I "found out".

ok so onto hypthesis A. after reading your posts, I tried to assume you were kidding, but to be honest I have a dark sense of humor too but reading all your tweets I never have heard such vulgar language openly spoken and I have never heard of "Pedo Jokes" being "Edgy". now since I have children, and since you have babysat them before I would be a bit perturbed and wonder where your interests in such line of humor is coming from. its as alien as joking about committing violent acts of terror against foreigners while at an airport where everyone can hear you.

I would immediately interrogate my kids before I even let you know I read your posts, and afterward I would be even watching your kids or wife for Unusual behavior, I would even go so far is to bring up the tweets just to gauge he response.

I would definitely keep my eye on you, and dont be suprised if I find a different baby sitter until I am certain of the truth which will probably take months to years.

Hyphothesis B.

Same as A but way less paranoid or militant. but I would still trust you a little less around kids.

Both hypothesis point to the fact that because it is such a sensitive issue in society, those tweets could be seen as a confession of sorts, at least to ones thoughts, and lets say police received evidence you did own CP or have actually committed sexual assault on a minor then they...

WOuld use those tweets in the prosecution as not only admittance of intent, but DEFINITELY to establish MOTIVE.

so no, it may not establish him as a pedophile, but in a country of PARENTS you have yet to establish "Edgy" or "Humor" in these tweets. furthermore I find it funny the OP argues with everyone in defense of the tweets but was fearful of providing links.
thus Establishing Cultural TABOO.

he knew that crap was uncool. he took the risk and that what you get for being one of maybe 10 idiots on the planet who think its ok to make jokes like that in front of the general public and somehow think any victim or parent is gonna buy your backpedaling BS about how it was "Just ten tweet pages of jokes"

heres the problem with anyone here defending this as any kind of humour. thers a saying COMEDIANS have...its even explained in the Batman Cartoon when Harlequin tells joker why Batman is hanging upside Down.

Before kicking her out a window(something I would do to any who try to claim making jokes like thiswas ever acceptable in public) he tells her thus. "Rule Number One, if you have to explain the Joke...ITS NOT FUNNY!!"

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Answer or digress.

I doubt my black brother in law, who owns half the company that I started is going to "fire me"

And Im pretty sure that my wife, who is also african american, and my two children would have a good laugh at your accusation of me being black.

Nice try though, your false equivocation based on "words" is so far off base that its comical.

Try again.

Oh look Virtue Signalling as a defense.
Having a black wife doesnt make you "Not Racist"
it just makes you not 100% racist.

And now you work for a black boss brother in law.

so here is your argument? claims that can not be confirmed without you giving away personal info which is a Violation of T&C. how convenient for you.
so this is a twist of Argumentim Ad Authoritim.

ok well, I can do that too.
Im a Native American which has been established in previous posts. I am of the Iroquois Nation and descendent of the Narragansett Tribe.

now that we have established I Outrank your defense of "theres black people in my life so I can go on denying my own closet racism which thougt by saying I know black people I got a safety pin from being accused of racism"
lets point out that you once used a racial slur by your own admittance.

claiming you got "black folk" around you only establishes you are not a Supremacist, but does not establish that your not a "little" racist.

you called the other guy a nigga man, context doesnt matter, you admitted you said the slur in anger. that shows you have at least a bit of "Inherent" racial issues swimming around your subconscious.

you should of picked a different example to make your argument of comparison.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Oh look Virtue Signalling as a defense. Having a black wife doesnt make you "Not Racist" it just makes you not 100% racist.

No those are called facts. And you have proven my point.

Apparently you think that because someone said something, it makes them that thing.

A most ridiculous premise if there ever were one.

This sort of backward thinking is why Gunn was fired, and is afront to our bill of rights and common sense.

claiming you got "black folk" around you only establishes you are not a Supremacist, but does not establish that your not a "little" racist. you called the other guy a nigga man, context doesnt matter, you admitted you said the slur in anger.

that shows you have at least a bit of "Inherent" racial issues swimming around your subconscious.

I just showed my wife this, its pretty clear she thinks your trying really hard to make a point that is completely false.

Wrong, you dont hold a moral equivalency on words, just because you think a certain word is worse than another doesnt make it fact, thats just your own bias in it.

Calling someone an N word in anger, makes me no more a racist than Gunn making pedophile jokes makes him a pedophile.

You guys have lost your minds.

Oops while youre at it, you better get ahold of the writers of Family Guy, and start investigating them, for about 12 years now they have been writing a character whose sole purpose is to be an old creepy pedophile.

LET THE LYNCHINGS BEGIN!

Ridiculous.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

also what is your age?

Neither one is any of your business and has no relevance to holding an opinion about Gunn making off color jokes about not-real children.

if your not a parent over 25, you really have no way of understanding the perception of the American Public on such matters.
especially as a non parent, you wouldnt hold much credibility to establish empathic perception which explains why you seem to think that my viewpoint isnt shared by the MAJORITY of the World.

those kind of jokes have never been publicly acceptable, because you dont ridicule or make light of the INNOCENT being VIOLATED since its an increasing issue. might as well goto reddit and start denying the holocaust and see where that gets you.

if you want to stand your ground, ANY OF YOU, in this thread with me you need to QUOTE a line from his pedo tweets and explain how thats funny in in a dark humored way.

otherwise you might as well throw in the towel

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

if you want to stand your ground, ANY OF YOU, in this thread with me you need to QUOTE a line from his pedo tweets and explain how thats funny in in a dark humored way. otherwise you might as well throw in the towel

Theres nothing to throw the towel in on, just because you dont think its funny doesnt mean he should be fired, or called a pedophile all over the internet and in media.

That makes the people doing it wrong, not Gunn.

Just because you find something unfunny doesnt make it a crime.

But the fact that you make the equivocation that someone is a horrible person because of bad jokes, actually makes you less of a genuine person than they are.

At least they arent tryng to judge someone with some sort of feigned moral superiority.

Your arguments are as weak as your acusations.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh look Virtue Signalling as a defense. Having a black wife doesnt make you "Not Racist" it just makes you not 100% racist.

No those are called facts. And you have proven my point.

Apparently you think that because someone said something, it makes them that thing.

A most ridiculous premise if there ever were one.

This sort of backward thinking is why Gunn was fired, and is afront to our bill of rights and common sense.

claiming you got "black folk" around you only establishes you are not a Supremacist, but does not establish that your not a "little" racist. you called the other guy a nigga man, context doesnt matter, you admitted you said the slur in anger.

that shows you have at least a bit of "Inherent" racial issues swimming around your subconscious.

I just showed my wife this, its pretty clear she thinks your trying really hard to make a point that is completely false.

Wrong, you dont hold a moral equivalency on words, just because you think a certain word is worse than another doesnt make it fact, thats just your own bias in it.

Calling someone an N word in anger, makes me no more a racist than Gunn making pedophile jokes makes him a pedophile.

You guys have lost your minds.

Oops while youre at it, you better get ahold of the writers of Family Guy, and start investigating them, for about 12 years now they have been writing a character whose sole purpose is to be an old creepy pedophile.

LET THE LYNCHINGS BEGIN!

Ridiculous.

Facts are Established when represented in a debate. the Onus is on you to prove you have a wife and boss whos black and that your not some seventeen year old virgin - FACT

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That's why you don't say crazy stuff online. Ever.

He's Rich and has a legacy. He'll work again at some point. Don't feel sorry for him.
Disney Tries to have that wholesome public image. Their within their right.

Non issue?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Oh yeah - selective judgement is far healthier.
It's just stunning hypocrisy to see liberals coming to defence of this guy because all of a sudden 'words don't matter'.
Whilst I agree that he should not be labelled a pedo - though he is clearly sick in the head - it's still unbelievable to see liberals springing to his defence given the bile they have been spitting for so long when ANYONE says a damn thing they don't like.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Facts are Established when represented in a debate. the Onus is on you to prove you have a wife and boss whos black and that your not some seventeen year old virgin - FACT

Funnily enough No facts are being presented that prove is a creepy pedophile and should be fired, yet those seem to be the accusations.

And my wife and children are not the SUBJECT of this thread, they were used to make a point. And you can bet Im not going to post their information on a website with the vast array of questionable people on it.

You seem to have a hard time with the definition of FACT.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join