It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I will say this:

Whether or not this guy is what his tweets paint him to be or just a bad shock jock, Disney has a bad house. How many child stars go into Disney, especially recently, and come out happy and well adjusted?

Something is pretty rotten in the House of Mouse for some reason.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's the industry imo. Mixing young kids with crazy money and acolytes messes them up. It's a shame really and the industry has had decades of time to do something about it instead of exploiting and damaging young minds.

Kids aren't commodities, but they totally are in the eyes of Disney - commodities and consumers.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I agree they treat kids as commodities ... in a lot of ways.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah they see kids as $$$$ in the same way Wile E Coyote saw Roadrunner as a cooked chicken.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

(post by noonebutme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

A company has to protect its image, it's brand. Disney is SUPPOSED to be a family oriented company.

You mentioned Disney's past, and exonerated Gunn of his without giving Disney "a chance" to do the same thing and earn some respectability despite a checquered past?

Since they have been sleazy before, they have to always hire people with a sense of humor that is distinctly not safe for children (which he willingly displayed openly, on a public account, with his real name)?

They are not allowed to protect their brand? They should be punished for doing so? With a boycott or a walkout/protest of some sort?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I will say this:

Whether or not this guy is what his tweets paint him to be or just a bad shock jock, Disney has a bad house. How many child stars go into Disney, especially recently, and come out happy and well adjusted?

Something is pretty rotten in the House of Mouse for some reason.

Damn Straight!

It's the phenomena of sickos being drawn towards careers and activities that put them in close proximity to children and in roles where they have maximized the chance to influence children or be trusted alone with them, etc.

Daycares, schools, Disney, Nickelodeon, child beauty pageants, churches, medical professions, coaches, police, all magnets for people with problems.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am so triggered right now.

Whatever you tender snowflakes do, don't ever watch the Bob Saget roast.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am so triggered right now.

Whatever you tender snowflakes do, don't ever watch the Bob Saget roast.

Bob saget is still a very suspicious character. And there are things about him that is actually highly creepy. I mean, why would a grown man be naked in a tub with one of the olsen twins during one of the scenes in full house? Stuff likes this raises eyebrows.

Pedophilia is a real sickness of the mind. And to be honest? Any jokes surrounding this is still distasteful. So I understand the rage from people with morals. There are real cases of child trafficking around the world. Many children going through real life horror worse than what we see in movies.

Then there is things like the podestas audio which sounds like he is torturing a kid in the background.

However, I am one of those who do not point fingers unless there is hardcore evidence. You do not want to get slapped with a lawsuit for defamation of character, nor have their lives ruined over jokes.

This isnt like minority report where you arrest people before they commit the crimes. You arrest them after they do the crime or when you have solid evidence that a criminal act is about to be done, and you catch that person during the act (Video taping the event is a plus for the authorities and court.)

I can understand a mistake being made 10 years ago, but has that mentality persisted today?

I remember not long ago the Milo event.

Both sides have their problems.

edit on nd2018000000Sundaynd000000Sun, 22 Jul 2018 12:06:31 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 22 Jul 2018 12:06:31 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
Bob saget is still a very suspicious character.

And funny as hell.

And there are things about him that is actually highly creepy. I mean, why would a grown man be naked in a tub with one of the olsen twins during one of the scenes in full house?

Probably because he's a kiddie-diddler and it was written into his rider that he got to bathe naked with the Olsen sisters. You know how Hollyweird functions, right? Everyone there is a perv.

*twirls finger next to temple*

Any jokes surrounding this is still distasteful.

So? I like dark humor and Bob Saget is still funny.

However, I am one of those who do not point fingers unless there is hardcore evidence. You do not want to get slapped with a lawsuit for defamation of character, nor have their lives ruined over jokes.

No, you just take the cowardly approach and heavily infer (like you did above) and end up looking silly for even saying you 'don't point fingers'.

edit on 22-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, you just take the cowardly approach and heavily infer (like you did above) and end up looking silly for even saying you 'don't point fingers'.

I'd rather be a coward pointing out the obvious than a sick demented individual joking about the rape, murder, and defilement of an innocent child. It only shows signs of mental illness for such individual who has no sense of morality, care and compassion.

There is one line that shouldnt be crossed, and that line is innocence. The adults are already screwed up. Leave the children alone.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I AM GROOT.
Sorry had to say it.
Why don't all you triggered people try and shut down the company that fired him?
A lot of their products are very, very suspect. Let me go into my snowflake mode.
One production sticks out clearly above all others. That' Beauty and the Beast. Great film for your kids to watch, but the whole films premise is about beastiality. You don't want to see that do you?
Disclaimer:- This post is in the sarcastic vein of discussion.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'd rather be a coward pointing out the obvious than a sick demented individual joking about the rape, murder, and defilement of an innocent child.

Thank you for your virtue signaling and protecting these innocent children who are not even real. Do you honestly think Gunn was talking about real children or just making off color jokes? Jesus H. Christ on his throne.

There is one line that shouldnt be crossed, and that line is innocence. The adults are already screwed up. Leave the children alone.

I love your salty outrage, I would drink it with a straw if I could. Please bottle and send it to me, I will happily reimburse your triggered self for the expense.

Oh, and now please, please, please do watch the Bob Saget roast so I can savor more of your virtuous outrage once you hear all the jokes about the Olsen sisters. Keep a particular eye out for Gilbert Gottfried's chocolate milk joke, it's killer.

edit on 22-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'd rather be a coward pointing out the obvious than a sick demented individual joking about the rape, murder, and defilement of an innocent child. It only shows signs of mental illness for such individual who has no sense of morality, care and compassion.

If you're trying to provoke outrage, you will joke about delicate and inappropriate subjects. Provoking outrage through such means may be inappropriate, and offensive, but it does not mean there's anything wrong with the individual.

On the other hand you had MSM promoting children be released on the streets and to traffickers in the recent past, and many were cheering them on. That is real children, real tragedy, and yet no outcry against the MSM for promoting crime. Nor outrage against the democratic party for putting the sanctuary, dreamer, etc carrots to entice parents to try and send their children across the border, knowing the danger. A journey where many are raped and probably many don't even make it.

edit on 22-7-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears
If you're trying to provoke outrage, you will joke about delicate and inappropriate subjects. Provoking outrage through such means may be inappropriate, and offensive, but it does not mean there's anything wrong with the individual.

Tell that to the trigglypoofs.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

One question.

Do you wear a fedora?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

That's the thing about social mob justice... it doesn't solve anything. It spends everyone's time angry at the outrage story du'jour and ignores actual tragedies happening. And at the heart of it sit the ones who control social media, laughing their collective butts off. While they're getting their jollies, innocent people, at least relatively innocent, are losing their livelihood and lives, while the guilty go about their business with impunity.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I hope you were this outraged at rosanne getting fired or any other person getting fired for their beliefs and posts. That's the world we live in now. So embrace it or speak out against it equally.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It's quite a conundrum. You want to make kids films so you hire adults who act like children. These tweets sound like someone who never outgrew jr high. In that light, they're probably innocent. But when discovered to be coming from an adult who is creating programming for kids, it takes on a whole new tone. A very creepy, disturbing tone.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join