It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: A Secret Society or a Society with Secrets?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
For the Gregorian Calendar we look at Due South or Medium Coeli often shortened to M.C.

By the inaccurate projected measure, Sirius is conjunct the M.C. or Due South at midnight on 1st January 1583 in Rome.
Although inaccurate this measure was and is used in astrology belief, there are far more complex beliefs involved in our calendar than we ever knew.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
According to this, secret societies are linked to aliens. m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Actually by longitude Due South astronomers measure, Sirius was only a little out of being aligned, but i use a strict 1 degree orb measure. Stars get out of synch of any deliberate measure after approx. 2 hundred years, but perhaps Pope Gregory XIII used both measures to keep Sirius on the M.C. and Due South, Sirius was on M.C. by projected up to the last quarter of 1800, after 1800 Sirius was on M.C. by one degree on 1st January at midnight up to now!!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Seimil
Hi Seimil.
I have no idea if Secrt Societies are linked to aliens, however i know some believe this!
I will just raise a glass to Sirius and Cleopatra tonight, she started the beliefs hidden in our calendar, have a good New Year's Celebration.
earthsky.org...

edit on 31-12-2018 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62

originally posted by: CanadianMason
a reply to: Astronomer62

...there isn't a more complex thesis than the Julian and Gregorian Calendars, and moves away from some fringe masonic orders aligning to Sirius and Alnilam, to show that this a secret that involves all area's of mysticism....

I don't understand. What is your thesis?

Hi CanadianMason,
My thesis is that i will continue to show examples of deliberate aligning to Sirius and Alnilam in Beliefs, and although some masonic groups do this, it isn't confined to them, indeed in showing a lot more yet about the Gregorian Reform we find that Popes were/are following different beliefs to what they preach, which seem to be ancient Egyptian in nature. I am very moderate about other peoples beliefs, but my research could be explosive to others!

For one thread section i will show an unrelated example being the Vatican Obelisk, quarried in Egypt during the 13th Century BC, and brought to Rome in the first Century AD. It was placed outside the Vatican on 28th September 1586.
Egyptian sunrise day marker was used, as the sun rose at location of Rome on date, Sirius the Isis Star was culminating at Due South, which seems a deliberate alignment:-
civil.lindahall.org...

Okay, thanks. I'll try to follow along. It's very interesting.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62

...there isn't a more complex thesis than the Julian and Gregorian Calendars, and moves away from some fringe masonic orders aligning to Sirius and Alnilam, to show that this a secret that involves all area's of mysticism....

I don't understand. What is your thesis?

Hi CanadianMason,
My thesis is that i will continue to show examples of deliberate aligning to Sirius and Alnilam in Beliefs, and although some masonic groups do this, it isn't confined to them, indeed in showing a lot more yet about the Gregorian Reform we find that Popes were/are following different beliefs to what they preach, which seem to be ancient Egyptian in nature. I am very moderate about other peoples beliefs, but my research could be explosive to others!

For one thread section i will show an unrelated example being the Vatican Obelisk, quarried in Egypt during the 13th Century BC, and brought to Rome in the first Century AD. It was placed outside the Vatican on 28th September 1586.
Egyptian sunrise day marker was used, as the sun rose at location of Rome on date, Sirius the Isis Star was culminating at Due South, which seems a deliberate alignment:-
civil.lindahall.org...

Okay, thanks. I'll try to follow along. It's very interesting.

Hi CanadianMason,
My thoughts are that it is one thing to deliberately align Sirius to our calendar, where Popes believe not what they preach, but i find it difficult to forgive the hundreds of thousands that died regarding the "INQUISITION" that started in Rome by Papal Bull on 21 July 1542
en.wikipedia.org...
There was another Papal Bull for the JESUITS, a few years later on 21st July 1550, both will show the deliberate and very Egyptian Sirius rising with the Sun in Rome
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's absolutely atrocious what the Popes, Jesuits and other Catholic orders have done with regard to the Inquisition. So much blood on their hands.... Do you think the Church leaders are devil worshipers or something?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's absolutely atrocious what the Popes, Jesuits and other Catholic orders have done with regard to the Inquisition. So much blood on their hands.... Do you think the Church leaders are devil worshipers or something?

Hi Canadianmason,
During the Counter Reformation many of the new Catholic orders that were created were aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, Christopher Clavius, a Jesuit mathematician and astronomer is credited to be the guiding light in construction of the Gregorian Calendar:-
en.wikipedia.org...
I understand how you feel about the Inquisition and devil worship but more understanding of the era is needed, who knows what the Borgia's belief's were while in the Vatican?
en.wikipedia.org...
To be honest aligning to Sirius and Alnilam wasn't started in any way to be devil worship, although the Church of Satan has used symbols and alignments on 06/06/2006.
It had become popular in the Renaissance in art and architecture to copy parts of ancient architecture, aligning buildings to the stars comes from this, read all you can from links below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
You will find parts of the White House is similar to the Parthenon!
Look up Hermes Trismegistus and Western Esotericism to get a fuller idea how my ideas formed!
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-1-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

edit on 6-1-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thank you. I know about those beliefs too.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

My goodness, Astronomer! Thank you so much for adding so much value to this thread. You are a wealth of serious knowledge. I'm so glad you chose to write on this thread. I have much to learn from you. Whoever visits this thread does!

P.S. How goes the battle with regard to your health?
edit on 6-1-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

My goodness, Astronomer! Thank you so much for adding so much value to this thread. You are a wealth of serious knowledge. I'm so glad you chose to write on this thread. I have much to learn from you. Whoever visits this thread does!

P.S. How goes the battle with regard to your health?

Hi CanadianMason and Seimil,
Thank you for your kind comments, my health has stabilized and am looking forward to partial independence later this year!
Any esoteric knowledge or beliefs that becomes popular finds others that wish the opposite or mirror image etc., so to link good or bad intentions to a group are difficult, the act gives us intention with star alignments.
Simply because The Church of Satan celebrated a Satanic Mass on 06/06/06 in Los Angeles, California isn't a crime regarding 666, the Pentacle wasn't thought of as evil upside down before mid 19th century, it was thought of as the symbol of protection and the Golden Ratio, the reverse become popular with opposite beliefs, like the Upside Down Cross!
www.churchofsatan.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Most Sirius and Alnilam alignments at location are intentional, ancient Greek day marker to 06/06/06 in Los Angeles is sunset previous to date. The alignment hadn't been there long due to slight movement of horizons due to Precession:-
en.wikipedia.org...
In 1968 on 5th June in Los Angeles the alignment was slightly aligned better regarding Sirius setting with the Sun being Greek day marker, so what happened on this date and location?
Astronomy graph for Satanic Black Mass below:-

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think I'm beginning to see the pattern you are laying out. INtense!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I think I'm beginning to see the pattern you are laying out. INtense!

I thought i would stay close to the pattern and put a tingle up your spine, just into 5th June 1968, at approx. 00:15am, in Los Angeles we find Robert Kennedy died by assassination, it was marked by ancient Greek day marker at location, as i said precession was at play, for within 1 degree the Sun set with Sirius along horizon, astronomy graph after links:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Okay, I admit there is a pattern there. What does it mean exactly? Why Sirius and Alnilam?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Okay, I admit there is a pattern there. What does it mean exactly? Why Sirius and Alnilam?

Hi CanadianMason,
Assassins risk their own lives, if they follow Hermetic beliefs they will align Sirius or Alnilam to the start of the day, so create a star map to follow when they fly to the stars!
When the Order of the Solar Temple committed suicide and murder, they believed they would all meet up again on Sirius:-
en.wikipedia.org...
An interesting article on Sirius beliefs is below:-
vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When England and American Colonies adopted the Gregorian Calendar in 1752, George Parker 2nd Earl of Macclesfield was very involved, he was made president of the Royal Society. He was an astronomer and could have been an alchemist.
He was also a freemason.

en.wikipedia.org...
Below is a link that shows the freemasons that were also members of The Royal Society, you need to scroll down to page 77 to find "George Parker" mentioned:-
freemasonry.london.museum...
You can see page 77 on download below:-

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I see the link to the Royal Society freemasons does not seem to work, the first page is downloaded below which is an interesting list:-

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

An interesting article on Sirius beliefs is below:- vigilantcitizen.com...

That was an excellent read, albeit, incorrect when it talks about the meaning of the Blazing Star in our Lodges.

Let me add my 0.02 cents.

With regard to 'The Blazing Star' in every Masonic Lodge, here's an informative article: www.masonicdictionary.com...

Two points to highlight are:

1)

...there has been a great difference of opinion in relation to its true signification.

2)

...at various times the Blazing Star has been declared to be a symbol of Divine Providence, of the Star of Bethlehem, of Prudence, of Beauty, and of the Sun.

No mention of Sirius/Dog Star.

Going back to your recommended article, in the opening paragraph the author claims,

In Masonic lodges, Sirius is known as the “Blazing Star”....

No, it isn't. We don't ever talk about Sirius, at all. It has nothing to do with Freemasonry. We give it zero importance. It has no value for us.

Next, it goes on and claims,

The Masonic author William Hutchinson wrote about Sirius: “It is the first and most exalted object that demands our attention in the Lodge.”

That is false. Hutchinson did not write about Sirius as being that "object".

In Hutchinson's system, the Blazing Star is considered a symbol of Prudence. "It is placed," says he, "in the center, ever to be present to the eye of the Mason, that his heart may be attentive to her dictates and steadfast in her laws;-for Prudence is the rule of all Virtues; Prudence is the path which leads to every degree of propriety; Prudence is the channel where self-approbation flows for ever; she leads us forth to worthy actions, and, as a Blazing Star, enlighteneth us through the dreary and darksome paths of this life'' (Spirit of Masonry, edition of 1775, Lecture v, page 111). Hutchinson also adopted Dunckerley's allusion to the Star of Bethlehem, but only as a secondary symbolism.

From these false premises, then, your source draws the false conclusion that

The same way the light of Sirius made its way into the Great Pyramid during initiations, it is symbolically present in Masonic lodges.

First, the source/writer of that conclusion claims that light from Sirius "made its way into the Great Pyramid during initiations" but, later admits to the following:

Interpreting the mythology of ancient cultures is not an exact science and connections are inherently difficult to prove.

He says the best evidence in support of his claim that there is somehow a connection between Freemasonry and Sirius is

...many secret societies are actually named after the star.

He doesn't go on to prove his point.

I don't think this 'vigilantcitizen' character is a good source of information.

I could go on but, I think you get it.

Anyway, carry on. I'm enjoying your research immensely. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason
Hi CanadianMason,
The link in question that i gave wasn't recommended by myself," i said it was an interesting article on Sirius beliefs", that may not be true but masons can be swept up in explaining themselves, we who aren't masons will get confused by Hermetic masons which can be thought of as fringe, but the fringe does blur into normal freemasonry.
Please scroll down link below to blazing star:-
freemasoninformation.com...
Albert Pike did note that the blazing star was Sirius, on its own that doesn't mean that it is in beliefs, however in the House of the Temple in Washington DC, where Albert Pike is buried, and is known as "Mother Council of the World", is aligned to Sirius by three dates of cornerstone or dedication, please scroll down link to near bottom of page:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-1-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

edit on 15-1-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join