It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: A Secret Society or a Society with Secrets?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi CanadianMason,
My understanding of deliberate alignment of the Osiris star Alnilam and the Isis star Sirius and possible outcome would have to follow the myths. Both Isis and Osiris were deeply involved in dying and being reborn, safe passage to the afterlife, but also about enlightenment, so a person would expect to be reborn a more complete purer person, as in initiation, there are other permutations as in war, assassination and revolution because of the theme of death.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Tomorrow i will write about the Apotheosis of Washington.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: CanadianMason
Hi Canadian Mason,
Sorry, having a rest today, not feeling well!
But i thought Barry, KSigMason could throw his 10 cents into the hat with explaining, he seems very quiet, being a Founding Celebrant of Idaho Societas Rosicruciana CRICF.

en.wikipedia.org...
His Avatar Picture is Hermes Trismegistus
en.wikipedia.org...
I'm not being controversial or threatening to KSigMason, but he is a member of a few esoteric societies, and i am sure that CanadianMason would like him to reply to the Egyptian flavour of my posts.

I have a friend in my Lodge who's also a member of AMORC. Over coffee at Starbucks he talks to me about various esoteric things he's into. He's very knowledgeable and his focus is to rekindle an interest in Masonic esoteric topics in our Lodge. Last month, he was given the opportunity to do a presentation at one of our regular meetings! It was well-received despite my doubt it would be. Esoteric Masonry isn't all that popular here in my town but, who knows, maybe his presentation indicates a change in seasons so to speak. What goes around, comes around or history repeats itself. The younger guys are more interested in that sort of thing now than the older ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The things we will do for the children!

11:11
edit on 20-1-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
freemasonry in its truest form is about spiritual development. Anyone telling you, that you need to be a "part" contains a big headed ego thinking there better than anyone. Thinking they're "special". Exactly the opposite of what the true meaning of freemasonry is. But for most the freemason social order they join is just to beat around the bush and show how high and mighty they are. I know this because all you see on social media from some of my "freemason" buddies is "OH look what i accomplished". Reminds me children begging for attention and trying to impress everyone.

edit on 21-1-2019 by ronnyhermesrussell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ronnyhermesrussell

Thanks for stopping by.

I think Freemasonry is more than just about "spiritual development". Likely, it is that for some of the Brethren but, also about personal development in general. We do not tell anyone they "need to be a "part"" of our Fraternity for development of any kind. We do have a 'system', the application of which helps us to improve ourselves but, recognize that there are other ways to do that, too. We don't think of ourselves as "high and mighty" or "better than anyone" else. If you are encountering ""freemason" buddies" on your "social media" who brag about their accomplishments, so what? Maybe they need to learn some humility. Nobody is perfect.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hi CanadianMason,
I understand your comments, but i am open to RonnyHermesRussell, we may or may not get useful information, he/she is new to forums, but seems Hermetic, his Avatar pattern has symbol an Ankh entwined:-
en.wikipedia.org...
A Caduceus is hidden in Avatar, but obviously i am suspicious, only because he or she is very new here, but i welcome new member, however has the rules been applied for number of posts for new member to post in forums?
en.wikipedia.org...
His Avatar picture has a Pentagram, which i think of as Phi and the Golden Ratio, all very Hermetic, however as yet RonnyHermesRussell needs to play by the rules of forum, after all it is the Initiation to the Mysteries, some pain is required before writing on all forums!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

I'm curious if you have any thoughts on the Q phenomenon, assuming you are aware of it. I'd love it if you agreed to join all the fun over on this thread:

link

Come have a look!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason

I'm curious if you have any thoughts on the Q phenomenon, assuming you are aware of it. I'd love it if you agreed to join all the fun over on this thread:

link

Come have a look!

Hi Canadian Mason,
I might join the thread mentioned when i have time and feel better!
Initiation into any mysteries needs a pain barrier, which is why Alnilam and Sirius are used by intention, although alignments can be used in a bad way with the Isis and Alnilam myths and legends.
Initiation symbolism is like metamorphosis, or the caterpillar slowly turning into a butterfly, this happens by scrubbing the soul which hurts!
ansp.org...

Sirius and Alnilam meaning is linked or the same as Pluto in astrology belief:-
www.thoughtco.com...
So the effort of joining needs commitment, everyone starts like an ugly duckling wishing on a star:-
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Pinocchio brings Dr. Jordan Peterson to tears. Here's one of the best psychological breakdowns of the meaning of wishing upon a star...

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ronnyhermesrussell

The only members who will definitely stand out amongst the others, are usually, the officers. Whom have memorized pages if not chapters, worth of ritual like material in long form.

They are who conduct the initiations, as written, in a stage like performance, rehearsing lines that can take up towards an hour in flawless recitation.

These are the active officers of each blue, royal and commandery. Oftentimes as active officers of all three, and must know that much more.

Sometimes these people can get a big head, so to speak. But more often than not, they are mentors and sources of knowledge passed along by their precursors.

However, all members are supposed to be equal and on the level.

For me, there is a spiritual aspect, as in speculative masonry.

Personally, I am drawn more to the operative masonry, but for one to be well balanced we must find both speculative and operative masonry as equal aspects.

Each has its lessons to be learned.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

...operative masonry...

Like, as in real brick/block & mortar type work? Cuz that's the way I understand it and, we don't do that kind of work in Lodge. I'm not sure what you mean.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes that's what I mean.

No, of course not, most fraternal Masonry is speculative, but notice it draws some lessons from the operative.

"Temper" your Passion
"square and compass"

An online quote says;
"Operative and speculative Masonry
In Freemasonry we discuss two kinds of masonry Operative and Speculative. By definition the term Operative means "functioning; having effect". Operative masons were those who actually worked with stone. ... Speculative by definition means "engaged in, expressing, or based on conjecture rather than knowledge."

All I'm saying is that lessons of each form can be utilized for self improvement.

We wouldn't have speculative masonry if operative didn't exist first right. Chicken and the egg, maybe?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Eggling Broke Through... On His Own!
The Chicken Dared Nothing! Cowardly!

The One Who Came First Is The One Who "Did!"

Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Wall!
He Was Noooo Chicken!

The Horror Is He Could Never Ever Be Put Together Again!
Instead... He. Is. Now. The. Free. Spirit.

No Man Can Put It Asunder!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Humpty Dumpty was no egg either

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Speculative: "To See The Master's Plan And The Master Plan, Truly!"
Operative: "To Serve The Master's Plan And The Master Plan, Blindly!"

As A Mason... Without Praise Or Prize... You Discover Only That The Work Is For Those Who Are "Like Minded."
It Is A Calamity And A Plague To Think Outside The Box. Or Border.

This Is The Craft. Do Not See It In Conceit. Do Not Cleverly Devise A Device That Has No Bearing On The Craft. Instead... Be Like Minded.

Use The Tools To Learn And, Perhaps, Rise...

The "Trestle" Is The Plan. It Is Pronounced: "Trust All!"
The "Canopy" Is The Ego. Above The W.M. It Sits. Above It Is The Vaulted Ceiling. Those Stars, If You Can See Them, Are Freedoms.
Not To Be Forsaken...

The Trestle And The Canopy Both Hint To The Great Work.
First... Try And See Past The Canopy (Ego) If You Can. For Truly Trust Is No Easy Craft. Then The Starry Sky Will Hint To The Lights In The Night Sky. A Dark Place... Where Only The Stars Speak. They Speak Of Freedoms To Have And To Hold. If You Can Rise So High A Man And Guard Them... You Are American! The Way Of A Master Mason.

Be Like Minded! Dogma Is Deaf. And Symbolism Is Blind.
But... Man Is God's Only Tool In The Craft. Just See Past The Ego. And Learn To Trust In Something Greater Than Yourself.

Hint: Earn The Right And Privilege To Gaze Upon The East!

Note: It's A Blast...

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Pinocchio

Humpty Dumpty was no egg either

Truly...???

I Did Not Know. For Sure I Thought He Was Broken.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well, what an absolutely fascinating thread. Its been a pleasure to read. Thank you gents.

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join