It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So angry with God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: JerryMH
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

it's pretty obvious you were led to believe Jesus is seeing your problems. He's not and you are pissed. Why would you even be angry if you didn't believe it that?

Well Jerry MH -
First let me say thanks for assuming you're right inside my head. Second, nice job pointing out the flaws in my words and my misconceptions in my view-point. Exactly what I was looking for! Third, you have to idea what I was led to believe and you couldn't be further from the truth. "Jesus seeing my problems." Well isn't that special of you to consider the suffering and loss of a loved one a "Problem". Pretty ridiculous man! Finally, why don't you take your opinion and your conclusion and... Well, I'm just not going to be so mean as to finish that sentence.

Don't you DARE assume to know me, don't you dare judge me on any level.

Let them be,

They are suffering without even knowing it.

I was quite amazed at the assumptions made and then saying its obvious you believe in whatever delusional thoughts they pictured when reading your words.

For me personally when I read your words it sounds like you have a close relationship with God.

God..... is your God and how you define it hasn't been hinted at in this thread by yourself so I assume its just a supreme being that you believe in that may or may not have characteristics of some or many Gods known to humans.

Maybe the poster saw another poster call you Christian sister and they just concluded based on another's words that they knew your beliefs.

I was going to reply earlier to something you said but didn't so I will add it here

Because when it comes right down to it, all of the "suffering", the anger, the sadness of loss really comes down to being selfish. I have always believed that. I am feeling all of these things for myself when in reality I should be feeling elated that she got to finally go home.

I share these beliefs about loss and the emotions we feel when we lose a loved one.

It gives me strength and helps me move forward to being able to better handle these emotions when they arise.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I certainly didn't cause Her illness.
Little understood condition that usually affects the middle aged, not pre-teen.
Shes still with us but only by the grace of the NHS, not any divine entity.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you kindly!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I know I sounded heartless. My son was diagnosed with cancer 4B at 16. I know we all deal with grief differently but the most damaging to our souls is laying blame on anyone including your version of god. In other cultures that have beliefs, they don’t necessarily have this bitterness that can arise. They accept life for what it is and find their own way to still trust and believe in their deity. Pretty simple for them. Like Jesus said, let the dead bury the dead but we move on. When you say you are angry at god, you’re right that I didn’t read who you think he is or where your prayers have been landing or who’s to blame. I’m not telling you what you want to hear or trying to comfort your loss. I’m pointing out that your concept of god may be wrong. If you really knew the depth of unconditional love that’s present now you wouldn’t be bitter at all.
I can’t change your skewed perception but at the same time, someone’s got to say it. Do I think the child is in heaven? No, it’s here on earth. We are reborn all the time and nothing is ever lost. We all get many times to work it out and we are all evolving. I know it’s hard, this life. Would it make you feel any better if you knew Jesus also has had to live many hard lives? That maybe he’s been working things out and maybe when he gets back, then explain this? According to Rev, he’s been missing. The Jews and the Hopi tribe have been waiting for some explanations as well but you don’t see them blaming god.
As for my son, I never prayed for him but I wept a lot before my god in my own way and trusted even if the worst happened. The chemo and radiation were tough but he did beat it though still with a few issues. I’m trying to give you a new way of seeing things that can comfort you in a different way. I am sorry though for your pain.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Being pissed off at God for any reason, makes
as much sense as being pissed off at me for
the same reason.

What even makes you think you can blame
him?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Being pissed off at God for any reason, makes
as much sense as being pissed off at me for
the same reason.

What even makes you think you can blame
him?

Blaming God is very different than being pissed at God. What even makes you think I blame him? I don't recall saying that I blame him. And sorry but even if I was blaming God, it would make sense. Blaming you however, wouldn't. You are not God lol!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What even makes you think you can blame him?

first answer what makes you think SkorpioGurl is blaming anyone let alone God?

Read all her (sorry skorpio if you're not a her)words.

It may sound like they are blaming but read further at least their 2nd post.

To me Skorpio's thread is to release some feelings but she shares how much love she has for what she believe in and the way she expresses her feelings are beautiful and i can really relate to her 3rd post on page 1 about her wish that others could feel what she does just for a second.

Her 4th posts agrees with purpose and reason that another poster mentioned which indicates no blame if she believes in fate or destiny so to speak.

This is just my take and I cannot speak for another poster but I just feel that you really misinterpreted this thread by asking that.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
edit on 12-7-2018 by Skorpiogurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JerryMH

My concept of God "may be wrong" based upon what? Your concept of God? The concept of God in other cultures?

One thing I know for sure is that My concept of God is totally wrong according to anyone who doesn't agree with my concept of God.

And there you go again... how do you know I don't know the depth of unconditional love? My God IS unconditional love.

Maybe it's your perception that's wrong or skewed because my God? He's F'ing awesome! He's everywhere, in everything, all the time. He hears us and he answers us, all the time. Most people just can't recognize the answers. He abolutely loves me - Unconditionally - and he is there to be my strength when I have none. Luckily, and thank HIM, he gave me plenty of strength to go around. He has the strongest shoulders imaginable for me no matter if I'm happy, sad, lost, hurt, lonely, sick and yeah... even when I'm pissed. My God even appreciates a good joke and has a great sense of humor. He is kind and gentle and loving, not scary or menacing or mysterious. When I screw things up, I don't feel guilt, he created me and together we create my reality. He already knows me and he already knows what I'm going to do.

This life isn't hard at all. It's never been hard for me. In fact, the sun always shines bright for me. I am not bitter in the least and thanks, but I don't need a new way of seeing things. God put me here for many reasons, all of which I strive for. God gave me many special gifts, all of which I use for only good.

Maybe it's your perception that's slightly skewed.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Then you should choose your words more wisely. Why did you place the word angry there? and if you're not bitter.. well why did you even start this thread if it's all cool. Are you back stabbing him? what's the point? at least you should be honest and stop leading us on if everything is peachy. You are expressing common feelings that most do so excuse me if I was too assuming. And I was trying to help.. jeez

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JerryMH

Then you should choose your words more wisely. Why did you place the word angry there? and if you're not bitter.. well why did you even start this thread if it's all cool. Are you back stabbing him? what's the point? at least you should be honest and stop leading us on if everything is peachy. You are expressing common feelings that most do so excuse me if I was too assuming. And I was trying to help.. jeez

In my world when I'm trying to help someone I don't just continue to make assumptions about the other persons feelings or view points. What I do, is listen and try to relate. Tough-love doesn't work in every situation and like my mother always said "You get way more with sugar than you do with salt".

Again, and for my very last reply on the matter - Where did I say "It's all cool", or "It's all peachy"? I do believe you're the only one who is feeling led on, I'm not sure why and what's worse is I don't even care. You've got a strange way of trying to help. Angry means angry, take it however you want to take it. I certainly don't need to continue to express my thoughts or feelings to you, or to anyone.

For those of you who actually heard me and provided a sincere reply, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

For those of you who simply read my words only to make ready your reply... whatever.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Then you should choose your words more wisely.

lets talk about words shall we.

these are some of yours

I know I sounded heartless.

No, you didn't

you sounded extremely ignorant because you made wild assumptions based on....... what I can say is delusion.

Choose your words more wisely?

These are your 1st words in this thread

It would help if you were worshipping the right image of God. No wonder peeps are pissed. You believe Jesus is up there watching and doing very little to chip in and sleeve our suffereing. The Christians then make up all these silly excuses or flat out just blame it on us. But that image is wrong. Jesus is down here and always was going through life with us as fully human. Read Isa again. The sacrifice that would pease the Father isn’t watching his son die, but allowing him to reincarnate over and over along with the rest of us. This is how he overcomes for us, not some bull# few hours of suffering a common criminals death.

Don't you think if anyone should have chosen words more wisely it should been you instead of these wild assumption that one struggles to see where you get them from?

Then we have more wise words like these

it's pretty obvious you were led to believe Jesus is seeing your problems. He's not and you are pissed. Why would you even be angry if you didn't believe it that?

You just saw God and went with the God you have in your head not trying to understand their belief but place a christian belief on them because ??????

I know we all deal with grief differently but the most damaging to our souls is laying blame on anyone including your version of god. In other cultures that have beliefs, they don’t necessarily have this bitterness that can arise. They accept life for what it is and find their own way to still trust and believe in their deity.

blame?

I’m trying to give you a new way of seeing things that can comfort you in a different way.

Then read their words and ask questions because there is no mention blame.

Only you and another poster interpreted blame from anger Op was posting about.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You sound like a typical Christian living and believing a delusional image of both God and themselves. They think Jesus is living in their hearts and they are all saved but are only reciting the party line. They are as much trapped in their own addictions and lusts as everyone else. They in reality are just as viscous as you show yourself to be in ripping apart anyone who questions their beliefs throwing out bible verses like grenades. But that’s not you of course. You want me to worship that image that God just needed another little angel in heaven? Is that the words you are looking for? What makes you different than Trump when you both insist on believing an image of yourself and God? Which one is true? Prove it. Out of your mouth spews both salt water and sweet about the same god and people make excuses to cover it up. I don’t judge you. Your own words reveal your heart.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I crap on religion all the time, but do you really think a thread about the OP losing their sibling is the best place to do it?

A bit of compassion goes a long way, religious or not.

@OP. I know what it’s like to lose loved ones. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes I do. She’s taking a crap on us by getting us to comfort her in this distorted religion she is promoting. She’s the one who brought religion into this. That’s her problem in my honest and compassionate view. If she can’t at least listen, then it’s her ego and protecting fragile beliefs she’s holding on to. That’s what’s poisoning her mind and why peeps in general can’t move on. This is a discussion. And she brought God into it. The image is wrong and God and Jesus get the heat for our present condition. I may not know her heart and it doesn’t matter.
This thread seems just as good a place as any for trying to unravel these myths about God that concepts like hers promote.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How about making a thread instead of using this one? Or jump on a thread that’s relevant to what you want to argue?

All you’re doing is giving yourself a bad name and looking like a dick.
edit on 1272018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You sound like a typical Christian living and believing a delusional image of both God and themselves.

Why mention delusional?

I think I know why, its called projecting.

Who is this reply too when you say "you sound like........."?

How is it not delusional to ask this (quoted below) in this thread

You want me to worship that image that God just needed another little angel in heaven?

you are an anonymous poster that no one knows so how you conclude that other anonymous posters want you to worship anything let alone do anything is just ..........really out there.

So I think the answer is NO, but who are you asking as this post is just replying to the thread and not an individual posters so when you say "you sound like...." or "you want me to...." you need to clarify who are directing these questions too.

What makes you different than Trump when you both insist on believing an image of yourself and God?

Trump?

Which one is true?

Huh?

Do you not know what faith is?

Do you not know what beliefs are?

Prove it. Out of your mouth spews both salt water and sweet about the same god and people make excuses to cover it up. I don’t judge you. Your own words reveal your heart.

WOW

did a turd just posses your mind.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

She’s taking a crap on us by getting us to comfort her in this distorted religion she is promoting.

What religion has been promoted?

Is this more hallucinating?

You should get yourself checked up mate.

This is now 4 posts of absolute nonsense.

She’s the one who brought religion into this.

What religion?

Just quote them mentioning any religion before you try claiming they are promoting any.

That’s her problem in my honest and compassionate view.

Yours is hallucinating is what a reader can easily observe when reading your posts.

No religion being promoted or even brought up by the OP, No one wanting you to do anything yet you ask why you should worship.

That’s what’s poisoning her mind and why peeps in general can’t move on.

Did you read GOD and thats it?

You just went on the offensive because ......... you were just trying help

This is a discussion. And she brought God into it.

Yes, the OP does title their thread as being angry with God.

They go on and give a little hints as to what they believe.

It seems a few posters cannot understand that each individual can and will hold their own beliefs about what or who God is.

The image is wrong and God and Jesus get the heat for our present condition.

You keep mentioning Jesus.

Why?

This thread seems just as good a place as any for trying to unravel these myths about God that concepts like hers promote.

What myths?

What is posting asking this implying?

You have truth and no myths about God?

edit on 12-7-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well I certainly didn't start this post with the intention of getting folks heated up about religion, God, Jesus or their own personal belief system. I am sorry that some people can't seem to get out of their own head sometimes. I simply wanted a place to vent out my feelings and considered this place to be a good place to do so. Many varying stories and back-grounds, people from all walks of life with all kinds of experiences both good and bad. A few bad apples sure do ruin the bunch! I really did try to stay away from any specific religious beliefs. Just trying to sort it out. Thanks again for the condolences and support, I wasn't trying to trick anyone or make anyone feel bad. As I mentioned earlier, if only people could feel what I feel, even just for a second.

I am actually feeling much better. Yesterday I received a really good sign filled with love, light and energy (and a song). I won't get into it but I know for sure that her energy was set free and I'm content with that feeling. To me, that was (my) God, letting her settle my feelings a bit. So being angry for past several days was a test of my faith? Maybe so...

Oddly enough I've been tested over the last few months and I've been asking God to help me find my way back. Maybe that was the opportunity

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

May the Force guide your sis in her journey in the afterlife.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join