It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of Psi: Leading Journal Publishes Paper Revealing the Evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WoodcarverIt’s not a strawman, but it is ridicule.

I posted the following 13 years ago here on ATS. It still applies to now. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Russel Targ

a True legit , The Man that Did the Research , of ESP , Remote Viewing .
and it does exist ..

Opened the Flood Gate , and TED close it Down ,

Banned TEDTalk about Psychic Abilities | Russell Targ

I still ask it has too do with Quantum Entanglement !

the First Episode of IN SEARCH OF ( Narrator Lenard Nimoy )

also Attempted too Explain The Link from Plants too Bacteria Communicating

in Great distances ..

So.. Could Humans Communicate or Transcend with other People in Great Distances ! ?

The ESP/ in a Quantum level Link ? Quantum Entanglement.....

Just as Bacteria and Plants Do! ?

So are these legit Doctors & Scientists talking Quantum entanglement ..

in the Connection of
Mother and Child, Sensory ?

Mother-Child Quantum Entanglement

edit on 12018MondayfAmerica/Chicago7182 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: neoholographic

Excellent thread neo.

The points you've touched on are very important to consider, in the very least.

Outright denial and logical fallacies such as claiming that a lack of evidence is evidence of lack, etc. have no place in true empiricism. Needless to say, some of us are certain of various evidences.

I've been down this road. Put the most hardened skeptic, cookie cutter, by the books psych doctor around me for even a single, in person conversation, and they'll realize they were quite simply, short sighted. What can I say...I bleed high strangeness, as many ATS'rs do.

I really don't mean that in offense, I mean that as a blunt fact, and many many folks out there are right on that level of awareness.

Lack of evidence is still lack of evidence though,

And?

It sounds like you're indirectly implying something here.

By the way, there is plenty of evidence for a variety of psychic phenomenon, including evidence from my own experiences or experiences of those nearby.

The evidence isnt the problem. The problem is with people and their preconceived notions and lack of perceptive capacity. Its almost like reverse paradoleia...they are literally unable to sense or conceive of certain things thereby shutting out the ability to perceive it in any way, shape, or form.

Its like trying to explain math to a dog.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Excellent thread neo.

Outright denial and logical fallacies such as claiming that a lack of evidence is evidence of lack, etc. have no place in true empiricism. Needless to say, some of us are certain of various evidences.

I've been down this road. Put the most hardened skeptic, cookie cutter, by the books psych doctor around me for even a single, in person conversation, and they'll realize they were quite simply, short sighted. What can I say...I bleed high strangeness, as many ATS'rs do.

I really don't mean that in offense, I mean that as a blunt fact, and many many folks out there are right on that level of awareness.

Thanks and the evidence is overwhelming. Look at this.

Results of the GCP studies have been published on many occasions over the past 16 years, but never widely noted by the general media. Now may be the time to start paying attention.

Why? For one thing, the statistical certainty has mounted to the point that it's hard to ignore. Toward the end of 1998, the odds against chance started exceeding one in 20, an acceptable level in many disciplines. Then, with added studies, the level of certainty began to zoom. By the year 2000, the odds against chance exceeded one in 1,000; and in 2006, they broke through the one in a million level; they're now more than one in a trillion with no upper limit in sight.

This far exceeds the bar for statistical significance used in many fields, such as medicine and weather forecasting. Odds against chance ranging from 20-to-one to 100-to-one are commonly considered sufficient. The certainty level is set unusually high for the Higgs Boson; data for validating its existence are considered acceptable if they exceed one in 3.5 million. The GCP level of statistical certainty is now more than 285,000 times greater than that.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

WOW!

This signal that shows thought can cause a random system to behave in a non random way is 285,000 times greater than the certainty level set for the Higgs Boson. They even went up to a 5.9 Sigma level which would say there's a 1 in 300 million chance that they weren't looking at the Higgs Boson. With this signal, it's 1 IN A TRILLION.

Also this:

The effect size in the Retroactive Priming experiment of Bem was .25. This is small but significant. The p value was .006. Anything under .05 is considered significant.

This means the .25 will be spread out amongst the population and some people will exhibit stronger Psi effects and in others it will be much weaker.

An effect size of .5 or greater is medium up to .8 and up is large.

For comparison, the effect size of aspirin in relation to preventing heart attacks was .03. This is very small compared to Dr. Bem's test yet this result was significant enough for the FDA to say places like Bayer can use it in commercials and Doctors put patients who have had heart attacks on aspirin to prevent a second heart attack.

Thats an interesting read. Thanks!

edit on 722018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I believe sooner or later science will discover an instrument to detect human psi,chi or whatever you want to call it. Science is still very young in understanding the complete nature of our reality.

Keeping one's head in a box of perceived reality will never advance science.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I believe sooner or later science will discover an instrument to detect human psi,chi or whatever you want to call it.

I've pondered what might be necessary to build something like that, and concluded that it's going to need some kind of living cells incorporated into it to be able to detect this stuff. Fortunately, we're getting better at building living organisms into our machines, so maybe we'll be able to build a decent psi meter one of these days.

Neanderthal Brains Incorprated Into Robots

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It would be neat to have the evidence and the apples to show that you have as many as as one say they do.

Finding such a thing would be the stuff of legend, like some intangible stuff if the underlying key to existance that presided over an prememates through all life jargon that we would buy for a dollar Like Prana an Kundalini, Mana, Chi, Qi, Voodoo juju juice, Mojo and the Holy Spirit.

If such a thing we're a fact, would we end up leaving leadership to the most psi like that Scientology South park episode, like the Sayajins and Frieza. Or would it be absolute bs in the reality of the world.
edit on 2-7-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
If such a thing we're a fact, would we end up leaving leadership to the most psi like that Scientology South park episode, like the Sayajins and Frieza. Or would it be absolute bs in the reality of the world.

Or maybe the people with high psi readings would be hunted down and killed. Although some of them would obviously see it coming.

I wonder if psi is in any way linked to the amount of Neanderthal DNA a person has. Maybe that's what they used their extra brains for.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ive experienced telepathy daily. Its annoying.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Specimen

Or maybe the people with high psi readings would be hunted down and killed. Although some of them would obviously see it coming.

I wonder if psi is in any way linked to the amount of Neanderthal DNA a person has. Maybe that's what they used their extra brains for.

Yea every party would needs a mage or a healer to cast Pheonix Downs and Area of Effect spells, especially if the other parties don't have one, kt would be an arms race.

Idk much about Neanderthals other then they aren't as stupid as most like to think. Supposedly casusians and oriental folk are a common ancestor, and they weren't wiped out as much as they were bred out.

Maybe they just listned more.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2018 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2018 by Visiting ESB because: each edit eliminated text -- had to repost

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Woodcarver

You, you, you evidencist you!

Psi seems to fit into the category of gods. Not really testable.

When an experiment is shown to be statistically equal to chance it's because the "vibes" got messed up by the experiment. How very quantum like. The thing is there is a math behind quantum phenomenon which predict exactly that.

Where's the psi math?

What?

This makes no sense. Why do I need Psi math when I have methods to conduct research in these areas that includes math that's also used as SCIENCE in other disciplines as the article pointed out.

Cardeña also notes that, despite its current, controversial reputation, the field of psi research has a long history of introducing methods later integrated into psychology (e.g. the first use of randomization, along with systematic use of masking procedures; the first comprehensive use of meta-analysis; study preregistration; pioneering contributions to the psychology of hallucinations, eyewitness reports, and dissociative and hypnotic phenomena). And some of psychology’s most respected names, historically, have also shared an interest in parapsychology, including William James, Hans Berger (inventor of the EEG), Sigmund Freud, and former American Psychological Association (APA) president Gardner Murphy.

www.dailygrail.com...

Finding the effect size, p-value or meta analysis of the data isn't math? Using statistics like we do in all sorts of areas of Science isn't math?

You can't refute any of the evidence that's been presented so you make a vacuous statement that doesn't apply.

Why do I need a Schrodinger equation to show the effect size in a study about Twin Telepathy? Again, that makes no sense. It's just like I don't need a Schrodinger equation to show the effect size of Aspirin's prevention of a second heart attack. I just need more trials and an accumulation of data.

This isn't Burger King and you can't have it your way because of a blind belief. We use these same methods in other disciplines and it's called SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. Some of these methods originated with Psi research.

For instance, if I'm doing research on Twin Telepathy and I want to see if there's a connection between sets of twins that others may not have. I get 10 sets of identical twins, fraternal twins, siblings and strangers and I run a test with 10 cards and each pairing is in different rooms. The first pair chooses a card among the 10 cards and their counterpart tries to guess which card they chose.

At the end of the trial, you look at the data and their's a higher effect size above chance for the identical twins than the other groups. You say that's interesting.

Five years later, there's 2,000 trials of the experiment conducted worldwide. You do a meta analysis and you see that these test show a stronger deviation from the null hypothesis from the first trials.

This is evidence of an effect. The next thing you do is try and find the mechanism. You don't just bury your head in the sand because you don't like what the evidence is showing.

You may end up doing another thousand trials and find that the effect isn't there. This happens.

Aspirin Does Not Prevent Heart Attacks in Women, Study Finds

www.nytimes.com...

This is Science whether you like it or not. I don't need a Schrodinger wave function to show evidence of a Psi effect or the effect of Aspirin when preventing heart attacks.

They're afraid, especially the two jokers you responded to. Just like almost all mainstream science, they'll deny evidence staring them in the face. Dean Radin is one such source of evidence but you and others here on the first page of this thread have referenced other, good sources of EVIDENCE. Yet, they deny it, and in juvenile fashion, ridicule those who are trying to open the minds and horizons of humanity. I say let them wallow in their ignorance because ignorance defines them. It's what makes them get up in the morning and yet, while they think of themselves as intellectual, smart, scientific, they're determined to display as little intellectual honesty, logic and true scientific thought as possible because it's much easier for them...I've tried respecting people like that but their ignorance gets old and I'm tired of making the effort...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Would the US government have spent millions researching it if it weren't a viable and useful field of study into the human psyche ?

Didnt Ingo Swann freak out a couple of scientists in some tests he performed under observation to prove his abilities in remote viewing etc

Im sure i read that he manipulated clocks under magentic fields or something like that and the scientists freaked out and ran away !

once we connect art , science and spirituality we should be complete!

just need to link them and its through the psi field !

For a start how does science explain shamanism ?

its the exact same method employed by millions of shaman the world over and they get the same results each time or there abouts !

isnt that the basis for experimental science to prove a hypothesis

we have shaman from south america and shaman from siberia doing the exact same steps, either drumming , chanting, dancing into trance like states, then carrying out some ritual to determine , the weather, the location of food , remove a bad spirit or energy , find out who your husband or wife is sleeping with etc
this is repeated over millenia , and can be proven to work !

Another example is water divining !

edit on 3-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
we have shaman from south america and shaman from siberia doing the exact same steps, either drumming , chanting, dancing into trance like states, then carrying out some ritual to determine , the weather, the location of food , remove a bad spirit or energy , find out who your husband or wife is sleeping with etc
this is repeated over millenia , and can be proven to work !

Another example is water divining !

I wouldn't mix water divining with weather prediction or finding out a cheating spouse. What we need is objective things like water divining, with enough pressure some people may admit to things they never did.
edit on 3/7/2018 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

Mine is more like precognition. Useless non-lottery winning number precognition. And yes, it can be pretty annoying.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

well how can water divining be objective when not everyone can do it ?
just like not everyone is a shaman , or can see ghosts or has psychic abilities or can remote view etc
the subject matter we are discussing lies completely within the realms of subjectivity as its taking place within the consciousesness of an individual then being relayed by word of mouth and we have to take these people on their word.
It still doesnt explain the phenomenon that happen without any real scientific explanation
regardless of the number of people under pressure saying they did # they have never done there are still many people who appear to be telling the truth when we look at the evidence.

I mean its just like that kundalini , chakras energy kharma , chi , dao , its all subjective but so many cultures all write about it as though its fact.

You even have Physicists like David Bohm talking about it in his book wholeness and the implicate order !

edit on 3-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
well how can water divining be objective when not everyone can do it ?

Because water is there or not, it's not subject to interpretation or something that can be manipulated.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Excellent thread neo.

Lack of evidence is still lack of evidence though,

And?

It sounds like you're indirectly implying something here.

By the way, there is plenty of evidence for a variety of psychic phenomenon, including evidence from my own experiences or experiences of those nearby.

The evidence isnt the problem. The problem is with people and their preconceived notions and lack of perceptive capacity. Its almost like reverse paradoleia...they are literally unable to sense or conceive of certain things thereby shutting out the ability to perceive it in any way, shape, or form.

Its like trying to explain math to a dog.

Reverse paradoleia? It’s more like regular paradoleia. You want to see magic in the world so you do.

Math to a dog? Math is based on reason and logic. What you are spouting is nothing like math. Maybe reverse math, where nothing adds up?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: anotherside

Mine is more like precognition. Useless non-lottery winning number precognition. And yes, it can be pretty annoying.
So you have a thousand thoughts flow through your brain every hour of every day. And sometimes those thoughts come to fruition and match something that happens irl. But you are ignoring the million things that didn’t happen and focusing on the very few that did. Like you are thinking about your mom and she calls, but you don’t get that feeling every time before she calls. But you take special note of that one time. Then you’re thinking about that new song, and it comes on the radio. So there is another instance. But you’re not taking into account that they play that somg every hour.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Put that pinwheel inside a sealed glass jar/bowl.

See what happens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join