It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africans must surrender their legal guns.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
According to a new ruling, essentially South Africans must surrender their guns and rifles at the nearest police station.
People tried to get licenses, but the system was so screwed up, the cops said, just wait.
People really did try to be legal.
And while they were waiting, their licenses expired, and now gun-owners are criminals.

Well I never had a firearm, but many are saying, if this is the "system", then I first take my gun to be destroyed, or disabled, before I hand it in.
We know in SA most crimes like hijacking are committed with stolen police guns.

citizen.co.za...

www.dailymaverick.co.za...

But will we?

Like lambs to the abattoir?

Will we surrender our guns?
edit on 23-6-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Only if you want to.

I don't think South Africa has anything resembling the second amendment. Nor is there anything in the US that resembles this:

The effects of yesterday’s ruling are far-reaching. It is estimated that there are at least 300 000 firearm owners who – either negligently or intently – failed to renew their firearm licences.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Looks like it's time for an armed revolt.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

originally posted by: halfoldman
citizen.co.za...

www.dailymaverick.co.za...

But will we?

Like lambs to the abattoir?

Will we surrender our guns?

Well if you will it will make it easier for land grabbing bastards to come in and rape the family and string you up after cutting important pieces of your body off. Every criminal and totalitarian loves a gun free zone !

I wish you guys luck I really do.. Unfortunately unless you can do something to change the political climate I would be selling and moving far far away .. Let the idiots starve after everyone with any technical know how leaves.. That scenario has been played many times..

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Do you think South Africans should surrender their guns ?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Yes. If it is required by law that they renew their license to own them.

Do you think a zero tolerance policy of law enforcement is wrong?

edit on 6/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Heres to a quick collapse of south africa

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'll be the first to stick my hand up about guns. Everybody who has read my past posts regarding guns knows this. I'll argue until my face turns blue.

But.

Legal guns? Licencing running out and having to surrender them in a country such as SA?

Now, just putting this out there (Especially for Phage who is intent this week to upset everybody with his "just because" attitude)

Think about it geographically. You own a farm, miles from anywhere. There are hoards of indigenous folks wanting to take you farm from you. The police don't really give a toss what happens.Your only defense is a gun, because last time you checked your jujitsu and karate skills weren't up to much. So what are you going to do? Open the door and welcome them with cupcakes?

No in this instance and for a real and definitely scary reason, I say keep your guns.

I mean, not that I love my entrails fed to the dog whilst I watch (That's of course if I have eyes left).
But I say shoot the bastards.

Phage? are you endorsing the death of white SA's by encouraging them to turn in the only defense they have?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Depends who has now made the law and why?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno
Who decides?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Ooo Nice reply.

Well, I don't think a new law should be made in the knowledge it will be detrimental to the lives on innocent people. Fully knowing the outcome of this change and the results that will follow. Regardless of "Black or White". But we never see hoards of white folk using machetes to hack up black neighborhoods do we?
edit on 23-6-2018 by CaptainBeno because: added a bit

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

It seems though, that this is an existent law in South Africa. Not new.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

And a fair one. (To be fair) however, it's what happens behind the scenes that makes the difference. It seems prioritization of this has fallen on deaf ears?.......ahem......on purpose

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

That sounds oddly familiar.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Dammit! You got me

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

The first mistake was going along with registration. That is also a way and a means to disarm everyone who wants to remain a law abiding citizen when a regime comes up with a genocidal new plan.... Again pulled directly from an old old play book..

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Does the Constitution of South Africa provide the same rights as the Constitution of the United States?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

no.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: M5xaz

Yes. If it is required by law that they renew their license to own them.

A zero tolerance policy is correct, provided they let them renew, which does not appear to be the case.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
funny how for all politicians around the world the legal weapons are more an issue than the illegal ones.

MOLON LABE!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join