It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist have taught women that femininity is bad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If it's less of a problem than we may suspect how do we account for the breakdown in the family in western culture and the divorce and single parenting rate?

I know there's other variables involved but this is just one of them. Judging by the media I would say it's more pervasive than we may think it is.

You mentioned Hollywood... that's one of the biggest examples of cultural manipulation on the planet.

How about...

www.simpsonsworld.com...

The husband in the Simpsons is portrayed as an oaf who can barely read and write (one of many cartoon/ Disney examples of bad father figures and or bad mate's)

NYPost

The media, conveniently but not unsurprisingly, ignored this portion of Sandberg’s book because it doesn’t mesh with the tenants of modern feminism: that women don’t need men.

This fact is supported statistically by the divorce rates and rates of women winning custody battles and not allowing the fathers of the kids to play an important roll in their life. I actually know more than several men in my age range this has happened to. You probably do as well but probably don't want to admit it.

The Guardian

Women are outliving men in every country in the world, despite facing higher levels of poverty than men, greater odds of encountering sexual violence and many additional, diverse forms of discrimination.

But while women are living longer, it’s unclear whether their wellbeing is showing comparable strides. As women gain political, economic and social freedoms, one would expect that they should feel even more contented relative to men. But this isn’t so.

Stevenson and Wolfers discovered that American women rated their overall life satisfaction higher than men in the 1970s. Thereafter, women’s happiness scores decreased while men’s scores stayed roughly stable. By the 1990s, women were less happy than men. This relative unhappiness softened after the turn of the century, but men continue to enjoy a higher sense of subjective wellbeing that is at least as high — if not higher — than women’s.

Coincidence??

Those 35 years saw advances in American women’s rights and financial power. For example, in 1974, Congress outlawed credit discrimination based on sex; in 1975, states were prevented from excluding women from juries. Until 1976, marital rape was legal in every US state. Over the 35-year period, women working full time went from earning less than 60% of a man’s median salary to earning about 76% of it — still an embarrassment for a country that aspires to be a meritocracy but an improvement nonetheless.

As women have been pushed towards career goals rather than family goals they have become less happy. Don't believe this push is happening??

College male to female ratio
NPR: Not enough women in tech
NPR: Not enough women in politics
Gender diversity in the workplace

You know what I wonder.... is because maybe, just maybe women are not attracted to these highly competitive business oriented jobs that we male dominated due to our competitive and driven nature?

Business is a lot like war.. do women want to be on the ground shooting people? Usually I find women to be more inclined to help someone than to hurt them.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Could that be because a significant percentage of such are "Millie Tant" type pot ugly bastards that require other Woman to hide their femininity and light under a bushel thus not offend there own warped sensibilities?

I know what you're saying but I didn't want to go there.

Almost all of this is about equal outcomes, not equal opportunity.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think a large part of the problem, similar to the black community is that a lot of women see themselves as inferior to men (or some men) because socially our value system has been upended to serve the order versus nature paradigm or inversion of the truth.

edit on 22-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The only thing that equal about the sexes is their penchant for stupidity and repetition of history from one generation to the next.

Men and Woman are not equal, but they are two halves of the one whole.

We both have our strengths and weaknesses but at heart, we are very different animals indeed.

Which is exactly how its supposed to be i imagine and why we are attracted to one another.
edit on 22-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I totally agree. We are different and rather than value those differences for some reason mainstream culture is pushing a narrative that those differences are made up.

I disagree.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I can't tell if op is referring to this very specific ouvre of a straight out of college little Maria Sharipova type he's got his eye on, or some 37 year old in a boys shirt and khakis mowing the lawn who might look almost ok but will probably live at her parents the rest of her life due to mental retardation. It matters. Some people aren't literally able to understand wtf anyone means. Just as long as no matter who you are don't get so caught up in you doing you that you forget how to live.

edit on 22-6-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The only thing that equal about the sexes is their penchant for stupidity and repetition of history from one generation to the next.

Men and Woman are not equal, but they are two halves of the one whole.

We both have our strengths and weaknesses but at heart, we are very different animals indeed.

Which is exactly how its supposed to be i imagine and why we are attracted to one another.

I think when we're talking about men and women being equal we mean that they can both hold most jobs like manager, president, IT Support, Chef, teacher, professor, scientist, cook, dishwasher, bank teller, trainer, Martial arts instructor, backhoe opperator, truck driver, cab driver, insurance broker, salesperson, sales trainer, CEO, business owner, Pilot, Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Nutritionist, analyst, programmer, web designer, painter, electrician, plumber, HVac repairman, mechanic, Author, Poet, artist, actor, director, producer, designer, controller etc.

And equally adapt at parenting, voting, driving, owning a gun, hunting, fishing etc and having all those rights to do so.

We know there are differences but this is what we mean by equal.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohthewey778

I've always found that a live and let live mentality combined with a treat people as you find them outlook serves me well in life.

Basically, the world spins and it takes all sorts to make it do so.

The problem though seems to be the politically correct bullcrap that currently wags our moral tail.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If continued on its current trajectory I see this ending in a civilization of androgynous non-entities who must not display any sign of gender dominance under any circumstances. There will eventually be a parity law that requires every living person to display both male and female characteristics equally or face criminal charges for offending the more symmetrical population.

Of course by then anything even remotely resembling personal expression will have been squashed. After all, its a crime to be unique.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I understand where you are coming from but the question begs.

If we all understand the difference, then how come people are not equal?

We may wish it to be so but 9 times out of 10 equality seems to err on the side of the persons perspective rather than actually attributes.

People are just characteristically different.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Butterfinger

Aww little guy, someone help him out with a cookie.

Some people want to help crying kids, and others see it as a nuisance.

Imagine if it was a homeless guy in that pic, I'd wager most would want to help him quicker than soothing an infant.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yes and I have no problem with the organic manifestation of this within the individual but pushing these new identity and social norms against natural and organic evolution is dangerous

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I understand where you are coming from but the question begs.

If we all understand the difference, then how come people are not equal?

We may wish it to be so but 9 times out of 10 equality seems to err on the side of the persons perspective rather than actually attributes.

People are just characteristically different.

Yes but job wise and rights wise we're equal. The only time not is like a size or strength difference required by the job, but that would also disqualify older people or smaller man.

I can't think of a single instance where a man and woman couldn't equally complete the same task or do the same job, unless, again, it required a big size strength difference ...you could say fireman or someone that must lift really heavy objects over and over again.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Isn't it weird that the pro diversity crowd also wants to end diversity?

that's that inversion of the truth I'm talking about... the crowd pushing diversity is doing everything it can to prove we are all the same, there is no gender and no race there's no differences... but diversity

inversion ^^^

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So why the disparity in pay if all Woman can do a Mans job and vice versa?

In an ideal world we are all equal, but in this one, equality remains to be seen.

I actually agree with you, but politically correct crap aside, TPTB and most of the rest of the planet sure don't even if they say they do.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think hormonal and fundamental differences in human experience lead to how someone pursues their career. Men are naturally more competitive due to testosterone and other factors.

Are women expected to be equally as ruthless and competitive as we are in the business world?

I've met some women that are by as an average is far less often than the competitive nature I experience with other men. Anecdotal but true.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

"Are women expected to be equally as ruthless and competitive as we are in the business world?"

They sure are if equality is the end game and in that lies the problem.

That being said plenty of Woman just as ruthless as any business Man take the current PM for example or her role model Margret Thatcher.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I agree there is a lot of women who are ruthlessly competitive but as an average I would say that they are not only less happy (same thing with ruthlessly competitive men but more common due to the hormonal factor and how we are raised) but less common by far.

Yes if we want equality that would be a major determining factor but what's this whole equality push about anyway really?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I like dominant and powerful women, the intimacy is intense.
...not into your Margaret Thatcher's and Theresa May's though lol

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"I like dominant and powerful women, the intimacy is intense."

I tend to agree, most Men want someone that competes with them rather than a submissive type that challenges nothing and does what shes told, Some Woman are the same with Men, probably why they like our misbehaviors and incessant demands.

"...not into your Margaret Thatcher's and Theresa May's though lol"

Glad you cleared that up there CornishCeltGuy............That's all I'm going to say. LoL

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join