It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist have taught women that femininity is bad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You can change the nature of men and women like you can change the direction of a tornado by chanting.

Ultimately, we are who we are.

We can pretend, we can put on our socially acceptable faces and pretend.

But it is all pretend and goes against who we are.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

but in the west women are free are they not?

and, they were the last to be freed and equal under the law....

I have no problem with women working but my contention which has been shared with another member is that modern feminism does see the value in being a women and the qualities (that I like) that make women well.

I am assuming that it's supposed to that feminism doesn't see the value in being a women....
but, I would suggest that there are plenty of men who don't see much value in it either.
if they decide to be stay at home moms, then they aren't working, just sitting around all day watching tv....
and if they go into the workforce, well, that workforce doesn't value them as highly as they do men, especially if they are mothers.
so, would have to ask, are men's behavior the motivating force behind women wanting to be more like men?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

A lot of the push back against feminism you are seeing and fearful of is because of the social programmed designed to create such. It's this part of what I said. "is made to be jealous of the others advantages while also being pushed to degrade ignore and belittle the other groups disadvantages."

Feminism is perceived to be doing exactly this in it's current state, which it is due to various extreme feminist social movements (Many of whom are manufactured by the elite for this purpose). As a result it is getting pushed back by those who either

A: Don't desire to take advantage of being able to do all the "masculine" things (many feminist belittling them already for being a stay at home mom for example), and

B: by males and females who feel like male hardships are being not only ignored but belittled by the extreme and only truly vocal people in their movement. Also

C: Those women who are not independent and prefer a strong man, as well as men who prefer a more timid dependent woman. Both whom feel threatened by the feminist movement to make being themselves and happy impossible. These people exist and is where much push back comes as well.

Mostly though it's
D: The elite pushing this divide and
E: Any movement which speaks only for a single group will by it's nature become divisive and harmful in time as it is singularly focused and divisive as it can only exist as long as the division that allows it exists and social entities once formed are loathe to die when their time comes. In addition someone somewhere will find a way to profit from and desire said groups existence to continue far past when it's accomplished it's goals even if doing so requires acting contrary to said goals to keep said profitable group alive.
edit on 6/22/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

so, would have to ask, are men's behavior the motivating force behind women wanting to be more like men?

I see what you are saying but the workplace is highly competitive and women and probably a lot of men as well not seeing value in a woman who decides that her main priority is take raise her children properly enter the workforce where they then become happy

are women CEO's happier than someone who chooses to be a mom and invest more into her family?

if you look at women in positions in the workforce that require higher levels of competition are they actually happy in that roll and could that be an underlying factor in weather or not they want to be competitive?

the workplace and business in general is mostly male dominant because of the nature of business

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

A lot of generalizing and finger pointing there.

I think the point the OP was making (which he mentioned several times) about Feminism was largely about the most modern form of it...not first and second wave which he stated clearly.

Im all for women's rights and a strong, vibrant, beautiful, wise woman. I come from a family where on both sides the women were highly educated, many of them went to UC Berkeley as far back as pre-depression.

There is nothing sexier than a mysterious and gorgeous woman that challenges my intellect, can laugh and make me laugh too, doesnt mind turning a wrench, and knows how to love and care. Admittedly, that is largely how I am, albeit with a penis instead. I may show it differently, but at the core my soul mate and I are of a kind.

It all comes down to our subjective mindset and perceptions of these labels like femininity and feminism etc.

In my mind, my ideal partner is a woman that is kind of a combination of old school and first wave feminist inspired, meaning a chick that can turn a wrench and get dirty every now and again, but then kiss my boo boo after she kisses the kids good night because lets face it, im kind of a big kid haha.

Work is work, and if youre smart enough and able bodied to do the work, well, why not? Shoudlnt be held against the person whether they do or dont. Thats my slant.

The thing I agree with regarding the expressions by the OP is about the newest form of feminism, and it is not to be confused with the many young ladies that adhere to the original forms of feminism.

Some gals, who i actually ultimately wish nothing but the best for, adhere to a distorted world view, particularly towards ALL men, and are obsessive about it. They often come off as highly HIGHLY abrasive, and god forbid you question or challenge their views or opinions, which is a massive red flag imho, as i was once like that and it was generally a very bad thing.

One of my best buddies lived with this chick that, bless her heart she meant well, but she was a self professed feminist and she embodied exactly what the OP talked about. She would try to hide it, but between her daily social media postings about "ENDING THE PATRIARCHY" OR " END THE OPPRESSION" and her rants about how men (in general) are sniveling inferior minded pigs that just threw their weight around to get the upper hand. She would cry "ego maniac!" whenever anyone with a penis seemed confident or forthright with conviction, yet she herself would constantly talk over and interrupt men, scoffing at everything they say, not realizing that SHE was the ego maniac, all the while looking on with kind eyes and open ears to you, as long as you were a female...

Many other young women like her too, their mentality isnt about creating a strong, vibrant, wise woman...it is about creating a hate-filled, hive mind of degenerates that want to do the exact same things to their target group as they claim have been done to them personally (dominate and oppress). This extends way out of the distorted feminist's point of view (again, not to be confused with legit feminists), as it applies to men and women the world over, due to various groups they identify with and the subsequent application of a victim-mentality/inferiority complex to themselves and the group, furthering their desires to "get even, and then some" even if it means calling it "equality" when in reality, its about revenge and domination. Painfully so, their ire and behaviors are often used against totally innocent people that neither they nor even their ancestors did anything remotely close to what the "oppressed" party is claiming...that person just happens to be a man and fits the bill of the description of their "oppressors."

Do you see where this is going? It turns into a never ending cycle of innocent people being grouped and generalized simply because of their sex, race, religion, which in turn causes them or their loved ones heartache, which often turns THEM into these vengeful assholes, who then generalize and attack their totally innocent "oppressors" and round and round the feedback loop of delusion and insanity goes...

😐

edit on 6222018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

^^^^

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
wow some of these replys by women are so far out in left field .
20,000 years agaio men did the hunting and protected the women and children from animals that would eat them if they got the chance many many many men died doing so .

women took care of the kids untill they reached around 8 then men took over for boys .
women also gathered fruit and what not and at times men would help and in places of alot of food men would help more .
BOTH sexs worked hard to keep the little ones alive . Humans are not lions were males are thought to do little besides that is a myth the males just like hunting at night .

as for farm life I assure you the men go out at dawn and are working untill dark wile the women cook care for kids and yes weed lol .
I lived on a Working fram in my youth and found the work very rewording funny thing was we men were right beside the women pulling weeds tilling rows . Strange isnt it ?

PS MALE I CAN SOW I CAN COOK I CAN CHANGE DIPPERS and feed the baby ( My grand kids ( grant i use bottles )
I can and DO any thing you can Expect give birth as for how much work it is ??
who teh heck are you kidding ? My son and his wife leave the tree kids one a 4 moth old with me alot amount of work a day oooo 4 or 5 hours tops only thing no time off lol .

why do women like acting like its so much work ?? you do know what makes little humans right ? dont want to do the work dont make little humans . ps same goes for men

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

A: Don't desire to take advantage of being able to do all the "masculine" things (many feminist belittling them already for being a stay at home mom for example),

and many conservatives belittle the stay at home mom if things fall apart and she finds herself having to be a single parent...
then all of a sudden.... she's sitting her arse on the couch all day watching tv...

reality sucks though, what it says is that weather you are male or female, there's a very real possibility that you are gonna have to cross that gender role line at some point in life! weather your a mother or father of very young kids who's marriage just fell apart, or you've stayed at home and raised your kids just to loose your husband shortly after your youngest hit adulthood. you're gonna be in for some unpleasant times if you aren't prepared in advanced!

B: by males and females who feel like male hardships are being not only ignored but belittled by the extreme and only truly vocal people in their movement.

awe, poor souls.... the hardships that have been imposed on women have been belittled for thousands of years. the hardships of the past are still being belittled by many when they try to project this magical golden age that never existed.

C: Those women who are not independent and prefer a strong man, as well as men who prefer a more timid dependent woman. Both whom feel threatened by the feminist movement to make being themselves and happy impossible. These people exist and is where much push back comes as well.

gee does all the griping that feminism is to blame for the necessity of two income families fall into this category? because, got to tell ya.... the necessity have been around far longer than you think and it wasn't caused by feminism.
like I touched on earlier. women used to contribute alot to the family needs... from working the land for the produce to preserving the food, to manufacturing the clothing and candles. feeding the lifestock, and on and on. very little income was needed because families were much more self sufficient. then big business and mass production stepped in along with their greed. and the women's place providing for the family was replaced by business.. and there were plenty of women who found themselves having to go out to the factory in quest for money for the goods that they were once producing in their homes because the greed convinced the businesses to undervalue the workers, both men and women, who were not working for them to produce these goods, that's if they weren't importing humans to enslave to do the work.
but, you are talking to a women who is close to 60 years old now... her mother worked, she had to... her grandmother also worked, sometime at a clothing store altering suits, when she wasn't doing that she was home creating quilts because her husband split on her, and she lived with her mother, who was also creating quilts, who was left to fend for herself after her husband fell off the roof of the home they all lived in as it was being built and killed himself!
and, yes, when it came down to the decision between my husband taking on a part time job in addition to his full time job or me going to work... I went out and worked! We worked opposite shifts so our kids weren't left without a parent that long, just for a small amount of time in an afterschool program. so we each had time with the kids, we each were responsible some for their care... the fact that my husband could probably earn close to just as much in his part time job than I did working full time kind of bugged the crap out of me though. and, don't care what anyone says, it wasn't equal pay for equal work, not by a long shot, the men were paid more... for no justifiable reason.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Pss you have not brought me down by dening your women hood you have brought your self down .
Personally being able to make life and raise that life like you do is not something I would ever give up with out a fight )
The only thing that can get me to think there could be a god is BIRTH something a man will never know .
and you want to give up the one and ONLY thing that accutly does make you better then men ? what a fool .
rather push papers then raise a child who YOU gave life to ? what a fool .

Lord compeat with us why ? what do we do that you envy so much ? Why do you want to be men so badly ?
look at the world look hard at just what men are good at and you want to be that ?

The human race is doomed males are nuts now females want to be just like them .

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm from the other side of the tracks...
the unhappiest people are probably those where the men are working their arses off coming home to a meal that isn't filling enough and their wives who is worrying that their kids might end up permanently scared because they're finding themselves in a proverty that not even the poorest among us are faced with because hubby is earning too much for them to get any aid from the gov't while being too poor to actually meet the needs of the kids.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I know exactly what you are saying. I know many people don't get it.

Years ago I gave up a very high paying corporate job to take care of my kids and family.
It was the right decision for me. I lived both sides of the working mom and staying home mom world.

I can say without hesitation that it was other women that were horribly negative about me being a stay at home mom. I was actually shamed for wanting to take care of my family first, how messed up is that. Many of the people doing the shaming were relatives!

Im sure youve accomplished more for the world in general AND your own fulfillment and your immediate family than those old bitties that tried to hen-peck you for doing the most natural and important job in the universe.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Real feminism is about empowerment - which is great.
An empowered woman is free to decide whether she wants a career, a family or both.
She can dress however she likes and vote her conscience.
If married she is a full partner and not a subordinate.
Anything beyond this calling itself feminism is really about bashing natural gender roles.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Totally agree.

I think a lot of these modern SJW movements have identified an enemy and are seeking our justice against this enemy rather than being about empowerment.

edit on 22-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It's called 'jealousy', envy and rage without justification.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Shamed by other female relatives absolutely not my husband.

Fortunately my husband sees the value of a mom at home (or even a stay at home dad if need be) and is absolutely my partner in every way.
Some may see us and think oh' she's oppressed because she stayed home, or oh' he's a chauvinist because he wants he home and not "working". Those people could not be more wrong. It was a conscious decision by both of us for the betterment of our family. It worked.

I know people want to have it all, a career, a family, a house in Mayberry. You can't have it all. What I found, when I was honest with myself was that everything we were doing was mediocre. I just didn't have the time or energy to do things the way I wanted to. We were surviving. I fear that is what a lot of parents today are doing. Some have a choice, some really don't, I get that, but some are choosing money and a lifestyle over their family and that's sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's not only sad...it's flat-out DANGEROUS!

Unsupervised, junior plays video games every day after school, and aspires to be his character on HALO-69 in REAL LIFE.

Then everyone asks "why?" when junior shoots up his school, while mom is at her Zumba class drinking her starbucks and hangin' with the cool kids (because she needs some ME-time).
edit on 6/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'm just giving examples of some of the opposition in many cases as well as why they feel that way.

As for your boohoo mini rant, that right there is a prime example of the divisive bull# the elite drool over. The world is almost 50% men who are the children of women who care for them, or whom are loved by other women who have seen them harmed by various means due to various issues involving gender discrimination towards males in various respects who's concerns you just brushed off and degraded. So boohoo simply accomplishes nothing but divisiveness and is a purely vindictive mentality to have. Not to mention it's a losing battle as number wise it creates more enemies to your cause than it does allies. If you want equality then you should not want males to suffer from discrimination either. The goal should be equality not to ignore, belittle and shrug it off.

Do you want men and women to be equal, or do you want for women to be equal, but only after men have suffered inequality as long or as bad as women first?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Then everyone asks "why?" when junior shoots up his school, while mom is at her Zumba class drinking her starbucks and hangin' with the cool kids.

ya, I'm sure that's it, mom just didn't give a darn...
could never be that mom may have seen something really quite early in age, tried like heck to get the kid proper medical/mental health diagnosis and care, but our danged healthcare system is just so flipping screwed it's insane, and she's working her arse off, hubby is working his off at jobs that maybe have paid plenty at one time but now falls oh so short and child care expense is far more than she can earn even....
no, it's just that mom doesn't care!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I can't even count the number of people I know who could actually "make" money by quitting their jobs, just from the childcare cost avoidance alone.

So, you tell me; how does that make any sense at all????

So, before you go there; then there's the whole single-mom thing. What about them, right? Right back to the OP; all this empowerment leads to "I don't have to put up with this S# anymore, I'm leaving". That's a choice too, right? Compare the divorce rates today with the divorce and separation rates of the 40's and 50's. The differences are staggering. Why? Well, the whole feminist movement is certainly one reason.

And, no, it's not that mom doesn't care, I never suggested that. What I suggested is mom feels empowered to place a much higher percentage of care time on herself over other care-consumers like children. Right back to the whole empowerment thing again. At the end of the day, as has been stated here numerous time, the feminism movement is really about empowerment at it's core, right? But when empowerment deviates from reality and leads to neglect, then there's a problem. And, we're seeing this problem manifest itself more and more every day! Example: junior needs 350% more healthcare now than junior did in the 40's and 50's. Why? Well, who else is going to prescribe him all the mind altering drugs he needs for whatever PC illness / disease society has conjured up today? Of course junior has ADHD, why wouldn't he? I would too if I was cooped up, away from my parents, for all but 2 hours per day. And then a whole day's worth of parenting has to get crammed into 2 hours. No wonder junior is F#'d up!

I will agree with you on the screwed up healthcare system though, but that's another (1,000) threads. Regardless though, junior needs WAY more healthcare in today's society than in decades past. And, just this alone results in higher healthcare costs.

edit on 6/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join