It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents face $132,000 claim after kid knocks over sculpture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The kid looked like he was trying to lift it up from the bottom (high center of gravity). If he just brushed against it, then it would be an accident.

XL5

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
double post...gah
edit on 17-6-2018 by XL5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
The kid looked like he was trying to lift it up from the bottom (high center of gravity). If he just brushed against it, then it would be an accident.

ahahahahah

youre right,
little # tried to pick it up

now its funny

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: notsure1

You break it, you buy it.

Parents should have watched their little monster better.

No sympathy.

Exactly.

Dont take your kids to such places if they are little brats.

Don't take your kids to community centers?

I am curious as to what your community centers purpose is?

Not to have things broken and smashed that's for sure.

I don't have kids anyway....despise the things.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is a ridiculous and very infuriating story.

The sculpture if you can even call it that is actually Hideous.

If it was not secured and therefore NOT safe and in a public space were children have access then surely this was a definite breach of some safety law as well as common sense.

Indeed if the child was injured even slightly the parent's are the one's whom actually have the claim, the insurance company know this and are probably trying to launch a counter suit before the parent's decide to launch there's in order to head them off at the pass BUT surely a good lawyer could point this out and also sue them not only for injury AND trauma to the child and the child's parent's as well as Breach of safety if there are relevant law's or guidelines for community spaces were this happened but ALSO for further emotional trauma and stress caused by the frankly felonious law suit launched by the insurance company.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

ahahahahah

youre right,
little # tried to pick it up

now its funny

It was NOT Secured OR Cordoned off, Kid's of Five are not regarded as liable for there action's so the responsible party's would be both the parent's AND the community center, the community center being the main party liable as THEY made the obviously flawed choice of leaving something were a child COULD interact with it.

And anyway how the hell is a bit of junk worth that, it is not even aesthetically pleasing.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: XL5

It looks to me like he was trying to hug it. I was a woman's torso, after all!
edit on 17-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: notsure1

No sympathy.

Normally I would agree. But not in a community center where kids pretty much have free reign..

If it was in a play area with slides and balls and toys, I would agree.

This was in the lobby area.

Parents should own up to their brats!

132,000 though? They cant be held liable for that much. I cant believe you would even think that lol.

Its a bunch of wire..

Who are you to put a price on any ones work? Maybe I feel you're not worth spit and your life isn't worth the oxygen you consume? (Not really though, I don't have any ill will for you). Bottom line is, bad parenting is bad parenting. Again, this comes down to personal responsibility. If the parents had been doing thieir job, this wouldn't have happened.

The problem with the value of anything (art or otherwise), is that is has to be established by some reference or authority. In this case, if he has sold comparably priced art, it was appraised by a proper entity, or was made of valuable raw materials, there would be a case for high valuation. You can't however just say it is worth such and such because you wish it to be as an artist. This issue will likely be sorted out as the case rolls forward since the parents are not likely going to cough up a full 132k.

Well, the insurance company put a price on the object. So there's that.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

No sympathy.

Normally I would agree. But not in a community center where kids pretty much have free reign..

If it was in a play area with slides and balls and toys, I would agree.

This was in the lobby area.

Parents should own up to their brats!

132,000 though? They cant be held liable for that much. I cant believe you would even think that lol.

Its a bunch of wire..

Who are you to put a price on any ones work? Maybe I feel you're not worth spit and your life isn't worth the oxygen you consume? (Not really though, I don't have any ill will for you). Bottom line is, bad parenting is bad parenting. Again, this comes down to personal responsibility. If the parents had been doing thieir job, this wouldn't have happened.

ah but had it been properly secured it also would not have happened

What ifs aren't an argument. If so, IF the parents hadn't been there in the first place...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

i dont know man.
i was listening to a podcast the other day and one of the guys said he was in new york so some buddies of his took him to this art show or whatever in chelsea.
he said one of the things was neon lights that said 1 word 3 times was tagged at 85k.
i forget the word but it was stupid

strength
strength
strength

something like that

neon... 85k

they can shove it right up their ass

XL5

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sookiechacha, just because you were a womans torso, doesn't mean he was not trying to pick you up. Hell, if I were a womans torso, I'd pick me up too!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Arg! I didn't catch that typo!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
sounds like a scam unsecured art at a comunity center yea

... i dono where thease calm community centers are but the one i went to as a kid requiered a cup and pads to enter it is where the children run free... coulda put art in there with bullet proof glass around it still woulda goten broke

ether there completaly stupid ... or it was a scam i say scam

XL5

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It is ok Sookiechacha. In my opinion the kid tried to lift it and 132k is way too high. Though at what point do we stop childproofing, think about all the "fun" to be had in the hardware store.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Yeah, he's climbed onto it (see his feet), then lifts up the top. The price is ridiculous but it's not an accident in my book, it's not like he fell over into it or it suddenly happened. Kids of two to three know to look with their eyes, fail to teach your kid that and fail to keep an eye on your kids then you've got to pay the consequences.

I don't think roping things off or a counter suit alleging it was unstable is a wise approach. Kids need to learn how and when to behave and be exposed to risk in order to develop common sense, a personality, manners and the like. Otherwise they grow up to be spoilt brats or get easily led astray by more dangerous vices in later life - seen it happen far too many times.

edit on 18-6-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Yes, but when they try and collect, they will have to back it up with evidence if the parents fight it. That may or may not exist as anything more than the artist wrote 132K on a paper.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It fell on the kid?

Time to sue for damages.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well if it's a community center let the community pay for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It looks to me like he was trying to hug it. I was a woman's torso, after all!

You were a woman's torso? Bet that made for interesting boys nights out!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Nothing in the community center should be worth 132,000 in a community center. Especially the art. Also if it was that valuable kids shouldn't be able to run up and touch it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join