It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents face $132,000 claim after kid knocks over sculpture

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So give it to me. I'll fix it with a little super glue and chewing gum. How hard could it be?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

How did they know who to write to?
If it was my kid I would have just done one and left the place quick, anyone other than a cop asking me who I was I'd say piss off.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So this is how to get your art to be more valuable.

They took no steps to secure the object nor steps to warn against hugging the art.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This is why my family has a long standing policy of "If something breaks, RUN LIKE HELL." Seriously, why stay around and give out contact information on this? Parents were foolish to do that. A simple "OMG, our little boy is hurt, we need to rush him to the ER right away! Excuse us!" Hit the car, hit the gas, hit the road.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is why my family has a long standing policy of "If something breaks, RUN LIKE HELL." Seriously, why stay around and give out contact information on this? Parents were foolish to do that. A simple "OMG, our little boy is hurt, we need to rush him to the ER right away! Excuse us!" Hit the car, hit the gas, hit the road.

Taking morality to new heights...

Wow

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Haha yes, I'd do exactly the same!
I was playing football/soccer with my son years ago and the ball went through the window of a council office building, my lad thought I was going to be angry but I said just walk calmly out of the park and when we turn the corner we'll run like #.
I've paid enough taxes over the years, the council can go # themselves over a smashed window.
edit on 18-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typos

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You can not run from karma

You can not hide from karma

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I think karma is bull#, like goblins, elves and pixies.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Hahaha.
Every now and then you and I are on the same page.
I'm just like you when it comes to this.

My wife and I would have had an entire conversation about slipping out without saying a word. Gone like the wind my friend

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I think karma is bull#, like goblins, elves and pixies.

that is good to hear

otherwise your decision to run in that situation would be beyond belief

also our beliefs are beside the point of reality and actual influences that surround our existence.

i bet you do believe in cameras though

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

There were no cameras. Very little outside of major cities, it is a myth that people read online.
I can travel Britain on backroads and never be picked up, takes longer, but it is easy to go undetected here.
...but karma, LMAO, people spout that on ATS all the time, absolutely zero evidence to support such claims. Yep, the council can pay for their broken window, and it was a laugh running away with my son.

EDIT
...and in Britain, the only debts you can get jail time for are taxes and fines. The council would have to have taken me through the civil court for their smashed window and if I ignored their stupid letters they would have to go to the high court to get an order to force entry and seize property from me. Not a chance in the world they'd go through all that trouble and expense for a smashed window.
Which is why we ran away laughing.
If it was somebody's house I would have paid for it though, I don't mind ripping off corporations or government, but individuals no.
edit on 18-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They should have smashed the hell out of that thing and got their money's worth.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Karma... pffft! Why do some of the worst people imaginable sometimes win the lottery why do good people sometimes get diagnosed with rectal cancer on the same day their boss fires them? There is no such thing as karma.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

As an aside, if I ever have a $132,000 piece of "art" in my ownership, karma is free to realize her inner bitch and break that piece of "art." Since I don't have such an item (and sincerely doubt I ever will) karma can do nothing and like it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Have to admit I've done the same playing footy and cricket (hell grew up in the NW in IRA years, I was teaching mates to make fertiliser bombs out of Beano pencil cases at 8 (bi-polar seperated by cardboard on pullstring to detonate). We've still all got our fingers, luckily.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Karma... pffft! Why do some of the worst people imaginable sometimes win the lottery why do good people sometimes get diagnosed with rectal cancer on the same day their boss fires them? There is no such thing as karma.

i suppose that's rhetorical because you lack the faith to think there could be an answer to what you posit.

Perhaps a better question is why can we not understand why bad things happen. There is a reason...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'll worry about it in my next life.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Who put the price on that ugly piece of art? The gallery? The artist?

Art is worth whatever someone actually pays for it, not what somebody thinks it's worth.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

i suppose that's rhetorical because you lack the faith to think there could be an answer to what you posit.

Perhaps a better question is why can we not understand why bad things happen. There is a reason...

Yeah, and that reason is free will combines with the flip of a Cosmic coin. Heads and you find a hundred dollar bill in the pocket of a jacket you bought at a yard sale, tails and you trip on the running board of your truck and break your foot before you even reach the sale. There is no predestination and karma has an amazing propensity to only impact people who believe in it (and that impact is almost always manifested as some for of self depreciating excuse "Oh, woe, my dog got hit by a car because I ran over a squirrel 10 years ago"). Folks who recognize it as a ridiculously naive fairy tale have an amazing resilience against its impacts... it's almost as if the sceptics are right and life happens by a combination of direct consequences from personal decisions and some chance thrown in for fun.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Because...previous life/reincarnation. Just because you don't remember does not mean you don't have to repay terrible things you may have done, or that terrible people may have done great selfless things in the past and earned a trouble-free life of perceived bonuses. It is like saying you shouldn't be liable if you got drunk and blacked out. It is more complex than that, but the overall principle is there. Also, disbelief does not have any impact on existence of said principles

h

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join