It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents face $132,000 claim after kid knocks over sculpture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I would definitely sue them for dangerous installation endangering the kids life.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Walk into a place with out of control kids knowing the artworks are expensive. Yeah not the parents' fault.
I remember when I was a little kid I knocked off a large jar of grape jelly in a grocery store.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Walk into a place with out of control kids knowing the artworks are expensive. Yeah not the parents' fault.
I remember when I was a little kid I knocked off a large jar of grape jelly in a grocery store.

Are you saying the art works are expensive at your local community center/ swimming pool?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Are you saying the art works are expensive at your local community center/ swimming pool?

Oh it was at a community center?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Maybe read at least 1 line of the OP before making yourself look foolish?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I reread. From what you are saying it's ok for the kids to destroy anything as long as it's "community center" and "swimming pool".

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I reread. From what you are saying it's ok for the kids to destroy anything as long as it's "community center" and "swimming pool".

yep thats exactly what I am saying...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

yep thats exactly what I am saying...

Rule number 32

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sheye

As a parent, I know very well what a child can get into.

Still the responsibility of the parents.

Sticking to my guns on this one.

Well you are wrong,

No heavy object should be placed where it can tip over onto a child (or adult).
Children play & climb .

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It really doesn’t matter if the parent took their eyes off their child and this happened. It tipped over far to easily, therefore it was dangerous. Child or parents not at fault, the community Center is .

This artist has no valid claim. Or he can sue the Center for not securing it safely.

No need here to be bashing the parents and calling the kid a brat.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I bet after the shock wore off, people were laughing themselves to death thanking God that hideous piece of "art" was finally leaving. Now, if I understand correctly, it had another twin also in the same area. Seems to me that just one of those hideous pieces would be enough and maybe they should take better care of it-like a museum instead of a community center.

No child or parent is at fault that the hideous art was toppled. The city or county may be in for a rude awakening of their responsibilities to their constituents.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

You break it, you buy it.

Parents should have watched their little monster better.

No sympathy.

Exactly.

Dont take your kids to such places if they are little brats.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

But if the parents had been watching their kid, this would not have happened. Yes, you have to insure because parents are feckless *blanks* nowadays, but the onus belongs on them.

and if your kid would have accidentally knocked it over and they tried to fleece you for 132k you would be cool with it?
i think not

and please dont say some bull# like you would have been watching your kid and it wouldnt have happened. thats why theyre called accidents.

so how would you react if it did happen?

if something worth 132k is going to be in a public area then it is on them(whoever they are) to make sure it is secure.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i just watched it again. kid barely touched it.
maybe mr artist needs to get his balance right. it was front/top heavy cause of the huge boobs.

thats why art is put behind glass or ropes or something.

o well

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I see both as being irresponsible, maybe they should only have to pay 66,000 each problem solved.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I bet the parents now wish they had invested in a baby sitter.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Parents should pay.
They are completely responsible for the breakage and one hopes they will improve their parenting skills in the future.
No decent parent would be letting their young child play around, unattended, with a sculpture like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

No sympathy.

Normally I would agree. But not in a community center where kids pretty much have free reign..

If it was in a play area with slides and balls and toys, I would agree.

This was in the lobby area.

Parents should own up to their brats!

132,000 though? They cant be held liable for that much. I cant believe you would even think that lol.

Its a bunch of wire..

Who are you to put a price on any ones work? Maybe I feel you're not worth spit and your life isn't worth the oxygen you consume? (Not really though, I don't have any ill will for you). Bottom line is, bad parenting is bad parenting. Again, this comes down to personal responsibility. If the parents had been doing thieir job, this wouldn't have happened.

The problem with the value of anything (art or otherwise), is that is has to be established by some reference or authority. In this case, if he has sold comparably priced art, it was appraised by a proper entity, or was made of valuable raw materials, there would be a case for high valuation. You can't however just say it is worth such and such because you wish it to be as an artist. This issue will likely be sorted out as the case rolls forward since the parents are not likely going to cough up a full 132k.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

so if it were you would you pay up?
no problems. sell the house and write a check?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

No sympathy.

Exactly.

Dont take your kids to such places if they are little brats.

Don't take your kids to community centers?

I am curious as to what your community centers purpose is?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join