It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just what exactly makes them "refugee children". You know when I was in the Military the Government sent me away from my family up to a year at a time.... just saying... Those pictures look much better than Boot Camp...just saying that too...lol

Has anyone actually thought about that this is more logistical driven than anything else? Children under care in a controlled environment is safe for them. Having villages of "so called families" and whoever is not logistical feasible. It is almost 1 to 1 ratio when it is just kids what would it be with a full mix of everyone.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So are we a Christian nation now?

I thought there was separation of church and state (the perversion of the actual separation of church from state), but now that it fits some anti-Trump agenda we are all of a sudden supposed to adhere to Christian values?

Jeff Sessions seems to think so, since he whipped the Bible out to defend his "no tolerance" policy. Since when did hypocrisy become a touted Christian value?

What Christian values are we to adhere to?

In this case, Jeff Session wants you to adhere to Romans 13: Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Isn't that special?

The simple truth is that this is simply another example of how low some people will go to get their own selfish way.

Exactly!

edit on 16-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Are you saying Trump and Sessions and others are prevented from having Christian morals?

That seems really wierd.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Hey, quick question ... are you in favor of these so-called Open Borders that some are droning on about?

I'm not, the idea is absurd from my perspective.

I"m just wondering who they're referring to?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's not hard people.

It's wrong to rip families apart. Period. As an American, I find it offensive that anyone would do that. Don't let them in the country ...as a family. How hard is that to do really? Idiots.

Now for those of you who are "Holier than thou" or who "hate criminals and think they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law" let's consider what you would do if you were in a drug cartel, gang controlled area or living under a dictatoriship, and were so poor you were collecting drinking water out of a gutter. You wouldn't try to get into the United States? LOL I would.

Tell me again how you would use legal channels when you couldn't speak english, had no internet access, no money, and no education? Interesting.
edit on 16-6-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's not hard people.

It's wrong to rip families apart. Period. As an American, I find it offensive that anyone would do that. Don't let them in the country ...as a family. How hard is that to do really? Idiots.

Now for those of you who are "Holier than thou" or who "hate criminals and think they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law" let's consider what you would do if you were in a drug cartel, gang controlled area or living under a dictatoriship, and were so poor you were collecting drinking water out of a gutter. You wouldn't try to get into the United States? LOL I would.

Bravo.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
the bible says nothing about separating families or not separating families, but the bible does tell you to obey the laws of the government because it only exists by the will of god, therefore when you defy the law you are defying god, mark 12:17 and especially romans 13:1-7 are pretty blunt about that. while the bible says not to wrong immigrants, it also demands everyone to obey the law.

romans 13: 1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

pretty straightforward

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

What if they aren’t even with their parents or if they are, are being set up for pedo rings ? Maybe separating them is divine will ?

In America we don't assume the worse and imprison people based on "what ifs". How is that not a sinful policy?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hey, quick question ... are you in favor of these so-called Open Borders that some are droning on about?

LOL Of course not! When I've heard about Democrats, liberals and progressives talk about "open borders" they're referring to trade, not immigration!

But, Trumpettes are easily confused!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

How do you personally balance that with:

41 ... ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Jesus, Gospel of Matthew, 25: 41-45

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Really?

The Bible?

Thats what we are going to do?

Why stop there, why not embrace everything in it eh?

Oh you don't want that?

Don't be a pansy.

link   
a reply to: namehere

pretty straightforward

Which is why America is a secular country, not a Christian country. Our constitution doesn't support the idea that America's politicians and laws are ordained by a Christian god, a Jewish god, any of the Hindi gods or Allah.

America doesn't insist that patriotism equal religion.

link   
ATS be laggy these days.
edit on 16-6-2018 by Lysergic because: dbl post

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Gryphon66

LOL Of course not! When I've heard about Democrats, liberals and progressives talk about "open borders" they're referring to trade, not immigration!

But, Trumpettes are easily confused!

It almost seems like they bring these items up knowing that the references are false, doesn't it?

I for one am very interested in both protecting our borders and cutting the government red-tape in regards to immigration.

I'm dang near conservative on the issue, LOL.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So people don't want "open borders".

They just want people to cross at will and not be punished.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Many of America’s child welfare systems are badly broken — and children can suffer serious harm as a result. Some will be separated from their siblings. Others will be bounced from one foster care placement to another, never knowing when their lives will be uprooted next. Too many will be further abused in systems that are supposed to protect them. And instead of being safely reunified with their families — or moved quickly into adoptive homes — many will languish for years in foster homes or institutions.

On any given day, there are nearly 428,000 children in foster care in the United States.

In 2015, over 670,000 children spent time in U.S. foster care.

On average, children remain in state care for nearly two years and six percent of children in foster care have languished there for five or more years.

Despite the common perception that the majority of children in foster care are very young, the average age of kids in care is nearly 9.

In 2015, more than half of children entering U.S. foster care were young people of color.

While most children in foster care live in family settings, a substantial minority — 14 percent — live in institutions or group homes.

Source Link

Apparently, throwing these illegal immigrant children into our foster system may actually put them in the same or worse situation.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

In America we don't assume the worse and imprison people based on "what ifs". How is that not a sinful policy?

I'm missing the "what if" in all this. They are illegally here by their own actions and so are detained until things can be worked out with them either staying or going back home. There is a huge safety/security thing in all this, for them and for us. What do we do put them all up in Motel 6? I'm missing the alternatives here that are logistically feasible.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's BS. Trump is attacking current immigration law, not the other way around.

How is 'upholding' also 'attacking'? The President's whole job is to uphold the laws enacted by Congress. He's doing just that.

Trump killed DACA.

DACA is not a law. DACA is an unconstitutional override of Congress' legislative authority by a President via Executive Order. All Congress has to do in order to make it a law is to pass it. Trump has said he'll sign it, so all we need are 60 Senators to bring it to a vote. The GOP has 51 Senators. We can't get 9 Democrats out of 47 to agree to even bring it to a vote.

Trump has ordered the removal of asylum and refugee status and the deportation of 60,000 legal Haitians, 5,000 Nicaraguans, 250,000 legal Salvadorians.

Blatant lies. Show me where he did that.

He's demanding the elimination "family reunification" which Trump erroneously calls "chain migration".

Sounds like chain migration to me. One guy gets in; he gets to bring his family in; uncle Otto gets to bring his family in; Uncle Otto's Cousin Bill gets to bring his family in; Uncle Otto's Cousin Bill's sister-in-law Ethel gets to bring her family in; ad infinitum. I'm against that too.

And believe it or not, the President gets to propose legislation. He just can't vote on it.

Trump lies about the "VISA Lottery" system, telling us it consists of other countries placing the names of individuals they want to get rid of. Of course that's not how the VISA Lottery program works at all, but Trump wants it eliminated.

Considering these are often third-world countries that we have limited intelligence on, how can you be so sure?

I want it eliminated, too. I don't want immigration to be a lottery; it should be an honor to become an American citizen, not an accident.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

People one day will look back and wonder(like Germans looked back in horror wondering how they could have ever supported Hitler) how they could have ever supported Trump.

The problem is with Hitler people didn’t have a choice mostly

Here Americans HAVE A CHOICE!

All families are separated when parents go to jail. It’s been that way ever since criminals were punished with imprisonment.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Apparently, throwing these illegal immigrant children into our foster system may actually put them in the same or worse situation.

Well we don't even have enough for our own needs much less 70,000 extra kids per year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join