It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why aren't the refugee children in the US Foster Care system then?

Why are we putting the kids in question in the equivalent of prison or concentration camps?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seeker1963

It's ironic that so many cry, "Separation of church and state!" yet run to religion when it suits their ideological goals.

No one ever wants one particular religion running the show, but the government is always advised to consider the guidance from all religious moral principles.

All religions have great principles and all of them have things that are not too great.

That’s why we have a secular government. And that government can separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to seeking guidance from religious philosophies.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The punishment should fit the crime.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I guess it was okay when Obama was president, but now Trump and "It's for the children".

It was never ok, but Obama seems to have managed to hide it better from the rest of the world....

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Willtell

By that reasoning, we should never put Americans in jail when they break the law if they happen to have children.

There are many children in the US Foster care system because their parents are in prison.

About 5.1 million children in the US have an incarcerated parent.
www.aecf.org...

When parents break the law, children suffer. That's a fact.
But illegal immigration is... illegal.

Now don't you start with rational thought in this thread!!!!

If we are so concerned about separating minor children from their parents if the parents break the law, I'm going to assume I can go to CNN right now and read about all the outrage the left has about Manafort's minor children being separated from him because the mean Democrats put him in jail, right?

Equal application under the law, EXCEPT if you are a Democrat victim group.. then you get special privilege.

ESPECIALLY if you are not actually a citizen.

The best thing the Republican party has going for it this election cycle is that they are not the Democrat party.

edit on 16-6-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

I guess it was okay when Obama was president, but now Trump and "It's for the children".

It was never ok, but Obama seems to have managed to hide it better from the rest of the world....

Be honest at least.

The media is colluding with the DNC and pushing a talking point to force weakening of immigration laws.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Divine will or sin? Are asylum seekers being separted from their families by divine will or sin? Make up your mind.

If you read more carefully my post you will see I am merely referring to the OP’s reference to Christianity as a reason the adults should try and smuggle children into a country. What if they aren’t even with their parents or if they are, are being set up for pedo rings ? Maybe separating them is divine will ?

I just saw a video on a beautiful detention facility ( no cages )... with schooling , great nutrition, safe and friendly environment where the boys seem to be happy.

I feel sad for these children.. as I don’t wish any child to be separated from a loving parent, but then again a loving parent would find other ways to begin a new life in a new country.

edit on 16-6-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Another point.

It’s a big difference from a person going to jail than from this trauma the children must suffer.

Going to jail one can prepare the children for it. Make them understand the situation better. Even say, the parent will be back one day, and even that they can visit them.

Here the children are bereft of understanding. They have no idea of when they'll ever see their parents again.

I am appalled my tax money goes to this barbaric act of the US government.

A conscious EVIL perpetrated by the one we have been saying is evil

Donald Trump

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ummmm...

So are we a Christian nation now?

I thought there was separation of church and state (the perversion of the actual separation of church from state), but now that it fits some anti-Trump agenda we are all of a sudden supposed to adhere to Christian values?

What Christian values are we to adhere to? Methodist? Catholic? Presbyterian? Baptist? Holinest? Gee, so many to choose from!

Maybe we need to have a nationwide vote... see what religion we are going to observe in this country?

No.

The simple truth is that this is simply another example of how low some people will go to get their own selfish way. Another example of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Another reason that can be latched onto to show just how terrible people someone doesn't like really are. Just more politics of personal destruction.

For all these people who seem to have now adopted a new religion, might I remind them of the words of Jesus, the Christ, of Nazareth which He uttered in the Garden of Gethsemane after His disciple Peter tried to defend Him by slicing the ear off a Roman guard come to take Him to His crucifixion:

"He who lives by the sword, shall surely die by the sword."

You guys might want to take those words to heart.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Here the children are bereft of understanding. They have no idea of when they'll ever see their parents again.

And who’s fault is that ? Once again the selfish parent, who not only insists on putting their childs welfare in danger, but doesn’t bother to tell him the consequences if they get caught doing something illegal. A good parent would have talked to a child about how to handle the situation if things don’t go as planned.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So if we kept the kids in the same cell as the parents would you Progressives stop whining or would you find something else to whine about? I am guessing the latter.

Personally I am fine with keeping the families in the same cell while they are processed to be deported.

edit on 2018/6/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
😕double post due to fat finger syndrome as well as lack of morning caffiene. Proof reading is good 😜

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: snowspirit

Be honest at least.

The media is colluding with the DNC and pushing a talking point to force weakening of immigration laws.

Let's face it. This is all about open borders. Like you mentioned. The lamestream media had nothing a few days ago so they ran with this story. Now look at the effects of those so gullible to allow the lies the media paints rule over their emotions. I am sure many don't give damn about these kids one way or the other and just using them a political pawns for their political religion.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That's BS. Trump is attacking current immigration law, not the other way around. Trump killed DACA. Trump has ordered the removal of asylum and refugee status and the deportation of 60,000 legal Haitians, 5,000 Nicaraguans, 250,000 legal Salvadorians. He's demanding the elimination "family reunification" which Trump erroneously calls "chain migration". Trump lies about the "VISA Lottery" system, telling us it consists of other countries placing the names of individuals they want to get rid of. Of course that's not how the VISA Lottery program works at all, but Trump wants it eliminated.

The Democrats are not presenting any new laws that weaken existing immigration laws. They're compromising on Trump's nilist demands!

link   

I don't know enough about how broken the immigration laws are. As someone from the north, America is not easy to get into.
For the south, I guess those people try way harder because their own countries are broken. Canada has also set up camps on parts of our border to manage those that are avoiding deportation from the states. In the winter, we should just ship them to Mexico where they won't freeze to death🤔

There are no easy fixes, I guess, maybe the word needs to get out better to other countries that feel like they can just walk over borders. It's hard to imagine, that people knowing that they're going to lose their kids, would still try to cross, but some might still.....

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We should find a way to tie lower taxes and smaller government with, "It's for the children".

It'd probably cause the leftist heads to explode.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Bullspit.

The agenda is open borders.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It’s a big difference from a person going to jail than from this trauma the children must suffer.

Can you honestly put more hand wringing drama in that? ffs.

Right. That long trip up through Mexico wasn't enough time for the kids to figure out what was going on and the parents to prepare them for what was likely going to happen.

BS.

link   
a reply to: snowspirit

The ideology pissing themselves the most here want open borders.

That's it in a nutshell.

In my humble opinion.

link   
Bah send em down t' pit or up blooming chimney's. Let the kids earn their green card.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join