It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump is attacking and demanding the repeal of existing immigration systems that have been in place for decades, like the VISA Lottery and Family Reunification programs.

Good, then you admit Trump is enforcing the laws as passed by Congress.

As to the two programs you mentioned, don't stop with Trump. You can add me to the list of those opposing them.

Sounds like you've been drinking too much of the GOP Kool Aide if you believe that! LOL

Why don't you enlighten me then? Does the chain immigration system allow family members of those already in the US to enter?

As for your links, all those programs are temporary, not immigration laws passed by Congress, started from 2001 to 2010. That's a minimum of 8 years. What part of "temporary" are we having an issue with?

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

See my post before this post.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I can only imagine that parents feel that these desperate attempts are some how worth the risks involved.

We have walls that cover about 80% of the southern border; that hasn't seemed to stop the issue.

However, the numbers of folks trying to come in illegally has been dropping since the 2000s, so perhaps the issue is taking care of thesmelves.

I think we can do better than keeping kids in tents.

What would be better?

Treating the kids like they are in our care rather than being detained?

Something like that.

I was under the impression that is what they were doing. But then again, government care usually falls on the awful side. Again, this could all be avoided by adhering to the law.
edit on 16-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He's following the law...

Calling for the elimination of existing laws is not following those laws, no matter how you spin it.

Few? Few? How many stories do we need to hear about citizens being robbed and killed by illegal aliens before we can stop with that nonsense?

Few. Very few compared to the citizen on citizen crime in the USA.

Nope, he's not. DACA is still in effect, thanks to a Federal injunction.

DACA is by no means out of the woods and is even further in danger by a new Texas federal lawsuit, in which the executive office and the DOJ are refusing to defend DACA. Like other presidents before him, with the stroke of a pen, Trump could grant pardons to all DACA kids and give them a path to citizenship, but then Trump would loose so many political hostages!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I thin k we should have open borders.

They are going to make it in this country anyway if they have the will. Whether it be little kids/families from Mexico or terrorists from Iscarerepubsistan.

All these politicians are doing is spending millions of our dollars to make it look like they are doing something so you feel better when you lay your pretty head down at night.

Hmm open borders... Do the other 194 countries agree with you? You say millions and open borders would cost trillions and create a homeless camps in 100s of millions if not billions..

Boy that sounds like fun

edit on 16-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Maybe the parents are stupid. Maybe they are in error bringing their children here

BUT THE CHILDREN ARENT RESPONSIBLE.

YOU DON’T RUIN THEM.

If you have a modicum of moral sense you treat them humanely and don’t treat them where you’ll traumatize them for the remainder of their life

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What does Trump have to do to make people see the obvious that he is an evil force that is misleading others to hell?

This man will do anything immoral to what he thinks will further his own personal aggrandizement and wealth.

Watch, he will somehow deny he is responsible for this.

He’ll lie like he already has done by blaming Democrats for this.

Trump is a moral swamp

The WATCHERS who didn't fall see ALL as do those who did fall in this region of existence.
The most powerful are always expected to support the meek...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Repeat-
The most powerful are always expected to support the meek...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: introvert

I thin k we should have open borders.

They are going to make it in this country anyway if they have the will. Whether it be little kids/families from Mexico or terrorists from Iscarerepubsistan.

All these politicians are doing is spending millions of our dollars to make it look like they are doing something so you feel better when you lay your pretty head down at night.

Hmm open borders... Do the other 194 countries agree with you? You say millions and open borders would cost trillions and create a homeless camps in 100s of millions if not billions..

Boy that sounds like fun

Open borders always means one-way migration.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Are you horrified just a bit that so many of our friends here are more than willing to see children punished for the acts of their parents?

Ever wonder how far that goes?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Maybe the parents are stupid. Maybe they are in error bringing their children here

BUT THE CHILDREN ARENT RESPONSIBLE.

YOU DON’T RUIN THEM.

If you have a modicum of moral sense you treat them humanely and don’t treat them where you’ll traumatize them for the remainder of their life

First, you are getting all upset with no clue to what it is all about. I would bet the life in the detention center is a better life then most of these kids have seen in a long time. In the end what do we do with them? Can we ship them to Canada so you all can take care of them since it is so much along your lines of thought? We don't have foster care enough for our own problems at home what do we do with another 70,000? What do YOU do with the other 10s of millions around the world in worst situations?

You are quick wit to suggest we do good, but you have no answers... easy cop out...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Are you horrified just a bit that so many of our friends here are more than willing to see children punished for the acts of their parents?

How are these kids being punished?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So we came to the point where illegal immigrants have become moses wondering rhr dessert? Wow if there is a hell we are heading there on an express train.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

That’s low, but then again, I don’t expect good faith conversations. Obviously no one wants to see children “punished”.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ask Jeff Sessions, he's the one who used it justify his policy!

Was that in a legal setting, or a moral setting as in responding to a church complaint?

I have rejected Christian dogma, and I certainly don't want to be governed by it and I don't want to be governed by hypocrites who use Christian doctrine to justify their abusive authority. That's the dog I have in this race!

You apparently have rejected law as well. You do realize that, according to our Constitution, every person in the United States has the right to participate in the religion of their choice, right? That means I can be a Christian and you can reject it. It also means that Jeff Sessions can claim to be a Christian. You do not get to simply deny the inalienable rights of those you do not like.

Since you have rejected Christianity and there is no indication that the legalities which prompted Sessions' rebuttal are not secular, you do not have a dog in this race. If you don't agree with the church, stay out of the church.

Fortunately, many Christian leaders are very vocally correcting Sessions and his defenders on the very topic!

I thought you bad rejected Christianity? So why do you care about a Christian debate?

Hell no! And I don't want religious BS thrown at me as justification for vile and reprehensible acts!

It is a common conclusion around here that if one does not wish to have something thrown at them, they should refrain from throwing it at others.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What makes this worse is that Trump and his Heinrich Himmler, Jeff Sessions, is deliberately doing this to repel others.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That’s low, but then again, I don’t expect good faith conversations. Obviously no one wants to see children “punished”.

What in the world? How is a statement of fact about this conversation "low"? Indeed, I wasn't even addressing you.

Numerous folks have stated here that the kids are here illegally too and are subject to the law too.

Those who break the law should be punished, right?

Are you denying that is the consensus here among some?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Horrified yes, that the moral base of people here is so low

Trump can start genociding people and they would find ways to justify it.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If the most powerful cannot support the meek then... Power is in question.
In short, look out for your species.
Golden rule?

Be well ATS

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What in the world? How is a statement of fact about this conversation "low"? Indeed, I wasn't even addressing you.

Numerous folks have stated here that the kids are here illegally too and are subject to the law too.

Those who break the law should be punished, right?

Are you denying that is the consensus here among some?

The previous administration literally detained entire families, children included.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join