It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Word Leaders Managed to Find An Agreement at the G7... Then Trump Tweeted.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Has anyone here even read the joint statement? If you read it you will quickly realize why Trump was mad. They caved you can see it in the document it says exactly what Trump was saying in his speeches. But then he left and suddenly they wanted to change the narative.

For example this is all Trump

We acknowledge that free, fair and mutually beneficial trade and investment, while creating reciprocal benefits, are key engines for growth and job creation.

We will work together to enforce existing international rules and develop new rules where needed to foster a truly level playing field, addressing in particular non-market oriented policies and practices, and inadequate protection of intellectual property rights

g7.gc.ca...
edit on 6/11/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

All of them. You don't rise in their political systems without knowing how to negotiate.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You ain’t American are you.

I am. Why do you think I'm not?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

You didn't explain anything in that post. All you said was that Trump is great. You didn't explain the hows and whys of how anything you just claimed works.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

You didn't explain anything in that post. All you said was that Trump is great. You didn't explain the hows and whys of how anything you just claimed works.

If you don't understand trade deficits and basic math then why are you posting as if your opinion matters? I thought you were educated enough to understand basic mathematics.

I shouldn't need to provide a link for you to comprehend. You are either acting obsuse or really confused so I will give you a simple example.

You own a business. You sell 1 billion dollars and spend 2 billion dollars. How long can you stay in business losing a billion dollars every year? Won't you eventually go bankrupt?

The US is no different. Except we are selling 1 trillion and buying 2 trillion.

The US is 20 trillion dollars in debt. Does that make sense yet? No link is going to help you understand basic math and common sense. You either have it or you don't.

First you accused me of parroting others. Now you say where are my links. You're etither trolling, ignorant or blinded by your baseless and delusional fear of Trump.

edit on 11-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
AMERICA FIRST!

Americans who don't like it, should leave the country.

A child-hood friend moved to Montreal Canada 15 years ago. Loves it there!

not everyone is free to leave the country

funny how the same country you celebrate as america first will not allow people to leave

sounds real great

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You haven't explained why trade deficits are bad yet. I have a $10,000 per year trade deficit with my grocery store. It works out ok.

Trade deficits and budget deficits are not the same thing.
edit on 11-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Quit elevating Twitter to something it isn't .... Like Important

You are participating in Social Engineering by being a willing participant in these social platforms. It is all smoke and mirrors while quietly they are moulding your mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A thought just occurred to me. He better be careful with his tweets. If he is just flying buy the seat of his pants he may tweet something he shouldn't. Security issue or something similar. That would give his opposition ammo for impeachment.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Trump doesn't write his tweets. He dictates the main points to others in his office, and then they get written in his "voice". For some of them, for others the ministry of truth just makes them up on the spot.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Can you explain how that works out for you? And would you be better off without the deficit?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Trump doesn't write his tweets. He dictates the main points to others in his office, and then they get written in his "voice". For some of them, for others the ministry of truth just makes them up on the spot.

How do you know this?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So did the canucks ever get ken barbies eyebrow glued back on?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee

a reply to: Aazadan

Can you explain how that works out for you? And would you be better off without the deficit?

It works out fine, and no I would not be better off without that trade deficit. Due to it existing, I have power over how the company runs. On a national level this works out by allowing nations to dictate each others laws, in particular in foreign policy. On an individual level, I am able to get certain products I like that would otherwise be unavailable... for example, there's a blueberry/lemon soda from France that I enjoy and have imported, there's certain types of beef I can get access to like wagyu that I could not get otherwise, and so on.

If it weren't for open markets I wouldn't have access to that.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
So did the canucks ever get ken barbies eyebrow glued back on?

Yeah. Just in time to see the Tangerine Dream. @@

See how easy it is for others to stoop to this level?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Not sure how we went from the Rothschilds control everyone and the New World Order to Trump is the enemy of humanity and the rest of the world leaders are good people

Hmmmm very weird

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee
How do you know this?

His office, and his former staffers have admitted it.

A man named Dan Scavino fully writes about half of them, and edits roughly 4/5 of the remaining ones. Very few come directly from Trump unfiltered.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You haven't explained why trade deficits are bad yet. I have a $10,000 per year trade deficit with my grocery store. It works out ok.

Trade deficits and budget deficits are not the same thing.

Basic math should tell you that a large deficit is unsustainable, unless you think the selling of our nation to foreign investors is a good thing. This is not complicated.

What effect does all this have on American workers? Trade deficits, even in times of strong growth, have negative, concentrated impacts on the quantity and quality of jobs in parts of the country where manufacturing employment diminishes.

Even the economists who argue (incorrectly, we believe) that the trade deficit doesn’t affect the total number of jobs do admit that it affects the composition of jobs. There is, for example, a lot of research confirming that deindustrialization in the Rust Belt is partly a result of the fact that America meets its domestic demand for manufactured goods by importing more than it exports.

One oft-cited academic study found that imbalanced trade with China led to the loss of more than 2 million U.S. jobs between 1991 and 2011, about half of which were in manufacturing (which worked out to 17 percent of manufacturing jobs overall during that time).*

Further, the economist Josh Bivens found that in 2011 the cost of imbalanced trade with low-wage countries cost workers without college degrees 5.5 percent of their annual earnings (about $1,800). Far from a small, isolated group, these workers represent two-thirds of the American workforce.
www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/509912/

If the trade deficit happend due to natural causes it would likely mean that other nations produced superior goods or goods that we cannot produce.

In that instance it could be argued that a trade deficit, even with it's negative impact on the middle class would be unavoidable. However our deficits were artificially created through bad trade deals that enriched only the corporate owners.

Nothing about this is complicated.

How is your trade deficit different with the grocery store different?

With zero trade or parity the US currency would remain in the US as part of a closed system. Meaning the monetary supply remains steady. Which is the micro economic system that allows you to work in one field and spend your money in another without a negative impact on the economy. The money being made from the system is being spent within the system.

If someone starts taking money out of the closed system and not reinvesting in the system more money must be created which causes inflation.

Inlflation, loss of manufacturing jobs and our nation being sold to foreign countries who are investing the money they took out of our system back into the system, are these good things?

But as long as you can get your wagyu beef it's all good right?

edit on 11-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Worst reasoning ever. The best way to make a point is to be a man and do it in person. Apparently Trump isn't man enough for that so he has to scheme his way out of things.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

All that means is that Americans need to train to learn how to perform better jobs. Why should we have reduced access to goods just because a bunch of uneducated workers don't want to modernize?

We shouldn't coddle the lazy.
edit on 11-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join