It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Word Leaders Managed to Find An Agreement at the G7... Then Trump Tweeted.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The U. S continues on its course of isolationism.... It's gonna get bumpy kids better strap yourselves in....
We're at the technological level to produce virtually anything should we choose. Indoor, verticle farms, 3D printers, you name it.

Isolationism is a bad thing and perhaps a reset is needed, at the very least, we focus on ourselves and keeping sacred and advanced tech to oursevles.

How are we going to produce our own rare earth minerals???

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: FyreByrd

If I were Putin, and I could, I'd be doing EXACTLY what our President is doing in order to place a wedge between the US and its NATO partners. Funny how the Right can't see it.

They see it. They're cheering for it.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you ignore his past behavior to try to figure out what he's doing now, you're willfully ignorant in my opinion.

I should add: im not making excuses. Im not trying to "win" some imaginary debate here. Im discussing the topic, and spitballing ideas. I could care less if Trudeau has his ass chapped. Most of his own nation can't stand him, either.
edit on 6/10/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's Trumps standard hard negotiator tactic. He tries to be all over the place, unpredictable, and ask for a lot with the hopes of getting more than what he was willing to settle for, by being tough to read.

The problem, is that this is one of the weakest negotiating tactics there is. Especially in international relations which require commitment and stability. It's a strategy that sounds good to those ignorant of the process, and is easily overcome by anyone familiar with how to actually negotiate things.
edit on 10-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You are aware that Wharton has a pretty average to below average undergrad program right? (that's what Trump has). It's only their grad program that's prestigious. Furthermore, Trump was a C student at an Ivy League which basically means he failed out of the place as those schools will graduate anyone who gets in.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
We don't need the crap we import from China. 90% is built to break anyway. You really think we are too incompetent in the US to produce our own goods?

Why should I be forced to buy American? We're 300 million people. The rest of the world is another 7.3 billion people. I bet someone in those 7.3 billion figured out how to make a better product than we did.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

We don't need the crap we import from China. 90% is built to break anyway. You really think we are too incompetent in the US to produce our own goods?

Why should I be forced to buy American? We're 300 million people. The rest of the world is another 7.3 billion people. I bet someone in those 7.3 billion figured out how to make a better product than we did.

Do you have any idea what keeping 1 trillion dollars here means? We might not have enough people to fill all of the jobs that would be created.

But all that matters to you is you? Right?

It's absurd to think that the most technologically advanced nation on the planet wouldn't be able to make superior quality goods.

Supply and Demand will dictate what goods at what quality are produced. It's not like supply and demand will stop working because we stop sending 1 trillion dollars over seas each year.

edit on 10-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Isurrender73

You are delusional if you think Trump signed the deal then pulled out because he's "putting America first" instead of because his feelings were hurt. I assume if he agreed to terms that the terms were good for America but now that he's pulled out those benefits are null and void and he has hurt America in the process.

The tactic worked perfectly against North Korea. Last time I checked they are meeting today on his terms.

I wil continue to believe in Trump's antics until he actually loses a debate.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It's Trumps standard hard negotiator tactic. He tries to be all over the place, unpredictable, and ask for a lot with the hopes of getting more than what he was willing to settle for, by being tough to read.

The problem, is that this is one of the weakest negotiating tactics there is. Especially in international relations which require commitment and stability. It's a strategy that sounds good to those ignorant of the process, and is easily overcome by anyone familiar with how to actually negotiate things.

What debate has Trump lost? You can't say it's the worse tactic if it never fails. Welcome to reality, Trump is winning everywhere on every point he is making.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The U. S continues on its course of isolationism.... It's gonna get bumpy kids better strap yourselves in....
We're at the technological level to produce virtually anything should we choose. Indoor, verticle farms, 3D printers, you name it.

Isolationism is a bad thing and perhaps a reset is needed, at the very least, we focus on ourselves and keeping sacred and advanced tech to oursevles.

How are we going to produce our own rare earth minerals???

We have plenty, we just don't mine them because it is currently much cheaper to import. If we stop importing the supply and demand model will kick in and many companies will rush to fill the gap. This is a very small issue. There might be a few bumps in the road but by no means are we beholden to China for these minerals.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

You are aware that Wharton has a pretty average to below average undergrad program right? (that's what Trump has). It's only their grad program that's prestigious. Furthermore, Trump was a C student at an Ivy League which basically means he failed out of the place as those schools will graduate anyone who gets in.

GPA is typically a measure of memory and study habits and has very little to do with actual intelligence. Memory by itself is not intelligence.

It is the application of what one knows and their ability to push their fields to new levles that defines genius, not a GPA.

I'm not going to call Trump a genius because I don't know him well enough to make that claim.

Historically speaking geniuses don't do well in public education sytems because they are thinking on a whole different level and see no point in learning things that are not beneficial to them. Which is why many geniuses only excel in one field. They simply see no value anywhere else so they focus their time on what matters most to them.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

If that's the case, everyone in the G7 should be very happy dealing with Trump. They can take advantage of his poor negotiating skills and lack of understanding of economics to make deals that favor their countries over ours. Somehow, they don't seem too happy, though.

I guess all those G7 leaders are just trying to help the American people at the expense of their own citizens, and they are unhappy that Trump won't cooperate.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Millions have already died because of illegal invasions by the US in the middle east. A new replacement for the $US petrodollar would bring an more fairer result for those countries impacted by the US exporting its inflation and making other countries pay.

Your line of reasoning is the same cried by the bankers. "We're too big to fail, give us a lifeline, throw the bill at the taxpayer."
An insolvent bank or country should be shut down and liquidated to allow payment to creditors and perhaps to restart trading with clean books.

But the rules that apply to business in a normal world do not apply in your world due to self interest.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Depends, looks like the only books you've read are those written by the Neo-Cons. beholden to war for profit.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Am I trying to reach a trade deal with another country? Then it doesn't friggin matter what I know now does it?

hahaha - there it is people, she's been caught out again.

Triggered not by the substance of discussion but by her TDS of "all things Trump"

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is absolutely nothing important that the US imports that we cannot produce.

Sort of correct - then there is the drugs from Afghanistan imported for US consumption, money to the coffers for black budget OPS. Why grow your own when you can take over the Talibans business far away from prying eyes.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Trump knows that a trillion dollar global trade deficit ia bad for the US. Can you comprehend that? 1 trillion US dollars are leaving this country every year to support the global economy

This doesnt happen in a vacuum. those figures you quote is because of domestic demand. No one forces Americans to consume. What is needed for the US is competitive exports. Again not as simple when tariffs are slapped on. In all this talk of globalization no one in this thread so far has mentioned how the large US companies go offshore and hire cheap labour.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
In all this talk of globalization no one in this thread so far has mentioned how the large US companies go offshore and hire cheap labour.

This is what you get when your leaders represent a corporate oligarchy and involve us in trade agreements that have absolutely no upside for the US citizens.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Do you have any idea what keeping 1 trillion dollars here means? We might not have enough people to fill all of the jobs that would be created.

But all that matters to you is you? Right?

It's absurd to think that the most technologically advanced nation on the planet wouldn't be able to make superior quality goods.

Supply and Demand will dictate what goods at what quality are produced. It's not like supply and demand will stop working because we stop sending 1 trillion dollars over seas each year.

I'm not the only one that matters. However, I think it's foolish to take a noncompetitive workforce and make it "competitive" by excluding those with better products from the market. There are better products all over the place, and America is way behind. We're not going to solve that issue by becoming more isolationist. We need to keep up with what the rest of the world is doing. Part of that means retraining a job force that is severely lacking in necessary skills in order to meet todays rather than yesterdays demands.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You are delusional if you think Trump signed the deal then pulled out because he's "putting America first" instead of because his feelings were hurt. I assume if he agreed to terms that the terms were good for America but now that he's pulled out those benefits are null and void and he has hurt America in the process.

The tactic worked perfectly against North Korea. Last time I checked they are meeting today on his terms.

I wil continue to believe in Trump's antics until he actually loses a debate.

It got North Korea to the table. We'll see if it produces any results. It also pushed Iran to China, cost us a generations worth of trade treaties with South America, gave all of Africa to China, has isolated the US from it's allies in both military and trade, and has handed most global leadership to Europe for the next couple decades at minimum.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join