It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Follies of Activism

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: okrian
What a ridiculous thread. The right argues for the 2nd for the very reason that they might, at some point, have to resort to violent activism.

Actually you brought up a very good point. It seems that the OP considers the Founding Fathers pretty silly when they wrote the Second Amendment specifically to protect themselves from the government if it ever gone amok.

Why would you say that?

Because using the Second Amendment right to protect themselves against tyranny is a form of activism.

No it isn’t.

Good answer.

Better than yours. You asserting something without evidence or reason can be dismissed without evidence and reason.

Nice try. You haven't explain why I am wrong.
If the government becomes too tyrannical and tramples on people's rights, they become activists using their First and Second Amendment rights.
Now prove me wrong.

You haven’t explained why you’re right. They “become activists”?

Which is one of the purposes of the Second Amendment. What is the purpose of the militia?

There are many reasons for a militia, none of which includes to “become activists”.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well since it's like talking to a brick wall I'll take a leave. Good luck with your thread.
I suspect you're probably the only one in the whole world who thinks activism is silly.

Cya.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well since it's like talking to a brick wall I'll take a leave. Good luck with your thread.
I suspect you're probably the only one in the whole world who thinks activism is silly.

Cya.

Everyone once thought the world was flat, so your fallacy is apparent. The problem is you cannot prove any of your claims, cannot provide sufficient reasons for your claims, so I’ll have to assume your beliefs are formulated in the same manner: because everyone else does it.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Activists are rarely experts in the field they want to propagate.
Brian o leary - free energy rip
steven greer - free energy

they are wasting their time and energy

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Cya.

Everyone once thought the world was flat, so your fallacy is apparent. The problem is you cannot prove any of your claims, cannot provide sufficient reasons for your claims, so I’ll have to assume your beliefs are formulated in the same manner: because everyone else does it.

No, everyone did not once think the world was flat.

Eratosthenes proved that the Earth was round over 2200 years ago. He even calculated roughly its circumference, and guessed at the distance between the Earth and the Sun, etc.

The myth of the 'flat Earth' is pervasive, I suppose - even the myth that the myth was a widespread belief.

Who came up with this myth about the belief in flat Earth?

Washington Irving,who mixed fiction and fact, wrote that Columbus proved the Earth was round in a book that became quite popular.

Some people have difficulty separating the two.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
@enlightened1....I was going to rip the first paragraph of the thread but you had it all wrapped up well buddy

Owe ya....good watcher on the wall bud

We have no voice if op'd..then we got SQUAT

edit on 10-6-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The definition of activism has been pointed out to you many times in this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The definition of activism has been pointed out to you many times in this thread.
The OP just doesn't like any activism at all mate, lost cause, he should live in the UK and bow to the queen like a good peasant subject lol

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes.

ac·tiv·ism ˈaktəˌvizəm/Submit
noun
the policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change.

Sorry, but Galileo’s discoveries and attempts to publish were not examples of a “policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change”, and I do not know how you could say such a thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

The OP just doesn't like any activism at all mate, lost cause, he should live in the UK and bow to the queen like a good peasant subject lol

I would much rather bow then engage in groupthink and narcissism. Have fun making signs no one will read.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I would much rather bow then engage in groupthink and narcissism. Have fun making signs no one will read.

I'm just back in to say that your comment is an incredibly hilarious irony because you put a picture of people holding up signs in your OP and we read those signs.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I'm just back in to say that your comment is an incredibly hilarious irony because you put a picture of people holding up signs in your OP and we read those signs.

Those aren’t actual activists, by the way.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

How does that invalidate my point?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The Follies of Activism

Should people not engage in activism?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I’m speaking about protesters. The photo speaks to my point.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Raise your hand if you have read those signs:

Those people believe in the sanctity of life, a cause worth fighting for.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What are "actual activists?"

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

The Follies of Activism

Should people not engage in activism?

They can engage in what they wish. I would argue there are ways of creating change that don’t involve coercion and disrupting the lives of others.

link   

I’m speaking about protesters. The photo speaks to my point.

I understand. You're using fake protesters to attempt to prove your point.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

What are "actual activists?"

Generally people who use “vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change.”

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join