It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF was that refueling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: GuidedKill

Normal refueling block is about 25,000 to 28,000.

Kind of exactly my point...Ty Zap!

4 1/2 miles up or more, in the dark, ahhhh the detail...

Well... I may have called him out unfairly. At least in terms of the light levels.

I used Nashville when I checked so his sunset in Knoxville is later (at 2049 yesterday in Knoxville as opposed to 2002 in Nashville).

The altitude could mean (depending on cloud cover) there is more light shining on the aircraft as the sun at 2130 might still be hitting it at 28k. It'd be a hell of a glare and crazy angle but the sun would most likely still be hitting both aircraft at 2130.

I still question the amount of detail he claims, but my calling him out on the lighting was probably not entirely fair in this case.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: Macenroe82 Very much so.Lengthen the fuselage and widen the wings,oh about a third wider and scale it up to bigger than a KC10 and you have it. edit-After watching the video theres a lot of differences,the wings appeared to be a lot wider and seemed to have a less pronounced droop and a curve from the tipoff the wing all the way back and around to the other wingtip,a half circle with a long spear point kind of look.

Are you sure it wasnt just the wingtips pointing downwards like this?
i.imgur.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 They were pretty high,but the sky was clear,the shape was very obvious and I could still make out deer in the field below the house.Sunset is 8:50 this time of year,I leave for work around 9:30,so it would have have been 9;20.Thats still almost legal shooting time for deer hunting.Don`t know what it is Zaph,but the shape is what I described,couldn`t tell you where the engines were or the color for sure with the lighting but I described the size and shape accurate.The sky was still lit up looking up and toward the west

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight Could have been,had the impression they drooped a little but it could have been just the angle or that my brother said they drooped when he saw it a couple times last year just imprinted on my mind.The old XB70 is the closest look of anything to whatever that is,Gonna start carrying binoculars around all the time,lol.

edit on 7-6-2018 by ridgerunner because: addition

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: GuidedKill

Normal refueling block is about 25,000 to 28,000.

Kind of exactly my point...Ty Zap!

4 1/2 miles up or more, in the dark, ahhhh the detail...

Well... I may have called him out unfairly. At least in terms of the light levels.

I used Nashville when I checked so his sunset in Knoxville is later (at 2049 yesterday in Knoxville as opposed to 2002 in Nashville).

The altitude could mean (depending on cloud cover) there is more light shining on the aircraft as the sun at 2130 might still be hitting it at 28k. It'd be a hell of a glare and crazy angle but the sun would most likely still be hitting both aircraft at 2130.

I still question the amount of detail he claims, but my calling him out on the lighting was probably not entirely fair in this case.

I wouldn't say we were calling anyone out. More of a process of elimination. Anyone who has traveled the country knows the Sun sets at different times depending on where you are, time zone and even altitude. However both of us asking that question and others doesn't mean we are calling out the OP.

Merely getting details of the OP sighting. I don't think anyone has said he was lying.....yet. I mean it is ATS after all.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I wanna say it was a green lady sighting.

But who knows.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Don`t blame any of you guys for questioning my sighting,to its shape is easy to see if you are lucky enough to be in the right place at the right angle.As best as I can describe it I was accurate.And my brother has seen it twice in the last year or two,he got a daylight look. When he described it I thought he`d been watching too much Star Trek.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If you got yourself a cheap second hand camera along with a small telephoto lens you could become quite popular on ATS, if I lived under a refuelling area I would never be sat indoors whenever I was home. I appreciative you can't draw on a computer how about sketching it on a piece of paper and taking a photo of the sketch

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah. Wasn't lumping you in with me, but I was kinda skeptical when I looked up Nashville's sunset times...

So, not saying you were calling him out, but I have to admit I was - a little bit. And, I was wrong about the lighting.

Still question the detail based on what would've been some glare and due to the distance. Not saying he's willfully being dishonest, I just question the recall - which could be simple faulty memory or optical illusions due to angle, etc...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
If you got yourself a cheap second hand camera along with a small telephoto lens you could become quite popular on ATS, if I lived under a refuelling area I would never be sat indoors whenever I was home. I appreciative you can't draw on a computer how about sketching it on a piece of paper and taking a photo of the sketch

I've done refueling shots. You need a 400mm prime lens, and even then the image is small. The only thing you can skimp on is the sensor size since the image wouldn't fill a full size sensor.

These reports without back up photography are not very useful. Even a low quality photograph would allow the size of the receiving plane to be determined. But good optics can separate a Kfir from a Mirage. There really is no substitute.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I wanna say it was a green lady sighting.

But who knows.

Unless someone with hard, inside knowledge says otherwise, I would say that’s a good conjecture. What we know about this bird is that it’s long and skinny, has anhedral wings, and is big. Long and skinny means high speed cruise (probably M = 3, at least). Anhedral wings might mean that it’s using some compression lift (M = 5 -6?). Big means long range, probably trans oceanic.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
look atnything like this?

DSK Luftwaffe 2017 MAMBO

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have no problem with the lighting issue. The elevation of the aircraft could have it in sunlight while it is dark on the ground. It's all a matter of angles.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Hi boomer. Good seeing ya.

In addition to what you said. I'm adding quiet boom technology onto that.

I seem to recall it was mentioned of the green lady before.

Now I'm wondering why it was let seen refueling.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ultra fascinating, you got a good look at it so we can think how big that sucker is.....

Man, so more than 18 meters by a bunch, prolly 35 meters long, huh

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Anything like this?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I cant post photos, but could it have been the Brilliant Buzzard? Also known as Super XB70.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Did it look like this ?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask The fuselage length looks close,As far as the main wing,yeah that looks close,the tips could sweep back,couldn`t see that good enough to see if they came back like that. if it was rounded or pointed at the wing tips, Lights made it hard to tell I couldn`t tell about the nose.The rear end looked more rounded but that could have been the angle.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong No,Delta wing with a long fuselage.Definitely not a flying wing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join