It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do adulterers parade their adultery around on their sleeve like so many gays of the progressive variety seem to like to insist on these days?

If you were concerned about the religious implications of every cake that you baked, wouldn't you want to find out? (You may notice, I'm ignoring your straw-man.)

Are we sure such a scene didnt go down in this bakery, that they werent all put off by their mannerisms and behavior at the time?

Who cares? Does the baker now have to like everyone he does business with?

Are we to be expected to never be grossed out by certain people, and have t cater to them, no matter what?

The baker's contention was that it was a religious issue, not an aesthetic problem. /shrug

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Edumakated

Does the ruling extend to transexuals?

Many transexuals are straight so it'd be interested to see what the baker would do. He'd probably be confused as heck.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So the Colorado Civil Rights Commission got outed for being intolerant and bigoted towards the christian religion?

and after reading this entire thread, I see that some folks are simply not happy about the Commission being exposed as bigoted ignoramuses and therefore Jesus sucks even more now, and all Christians are the problem.

LOL - always the same group attempting (and refusing) to understand why everyone does not love the gays the same way that they do.

here's how it likely went down.....

Clients - "we are gay, bake us this cake"
Business owner - "# off, you are an abomination to me, I want nothing to do with you, I don't want your money"
Clients - " waaaaaaaaa, reeeeeeeeee, all christians are gay haters, lets go to court because we are a pair of drama queens too stupid to simply find another baker, we want to FORCE our demands on this particular business".

I hope the Commission is made to pay for all costs incurred by the business owner.

link   

I'll tell ya, you could bring police thugs in to intimidate me.... if I was convinced something was against my religion you'd never get me to do it.

link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Has the Supreme Court sided with freedom over feelings?

The Supreme Court sided with the feelings of the cake shop owners who were triggered when asked to decorate a cake for a gay wedding. And they sided against the freedom of the gay couple to have a cake decorated for them.

Actually, the decision was directed at the state of Colorado for making a decision based on religious discrimination.

The SCOTUS decision says plainly that Colorado can protect gay citizens but not at the sacrifice of directing the power of the state against an individual's religious beliefs.

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission made ludicrous statements that poisoned this particular well.

The real question here has not been addressed by the SCOTUS.
edit on 4-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'll tell ya, you could bring police thugs in to intimidate me.... if I was convinced something was against my religion you'd never get me to do it.

Good for you.

link   
Gay marriage wasn't legal in CO at that time.

link   
a reply to: amazing

It never got to that point. As soon as they walked in and said they wanted a cake to celebrate their marriage, the baker shut it down.

link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Has the Supreme Court sided with freedom over feelings?

The Supreme Court sided with the feelings of the cake shop owners who were triggered when asked to decorate a cake for a gay wedding. And they sided against the freedom of the gay couple to have a cake decorated for them.

Good ruling. Similar to overturning the insurance mandate.

link   

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Matthew 19:3-6

Nope, nothing there about what God says a marriage is ... man and woman, one flesh ...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Cakes are legal.

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I see that some folks are simply not happy about the Commission being exposed as bigoted ignoramuses and therefore Jesus sucks even more now, and all Christians are the problem.

You need new glasses. Or did the sound of reeeeeeeeeee coming out of you make you misread posts here?

link   
Proverbs 6:16-19: There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Man oh man.

No further comments.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Matthew 19:3-6

Nope, nothing there about what God says a marriage is ... man and woman, one flesh ...

It was an answer to Pharisees' trick question.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Gay marriage wasn't legal in CO at that time.

Neither was discriminating against Colorado citizens because of their sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good job. Now show us where God commands us not to bake for sinners.

We'll wait.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Proverbs 6:16-19: There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

So that settles it! The Two Party System is the great abomination of all mankind.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

So that settles it! The Two Party System is the great abomination of all mankind.

Star for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Cakes are legal.

Then they should have got one where they were getting married.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Cakes are legal.

And there are gay bakers too.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join