It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Gryphon66

As usual you don't understand the basics of the constitution.

Jaden

Perhaps you will point to some facts that back up this absurd claim? Short of that, I have no interest in personal commentary.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How is that a fail? According to posters here, he has the right to refuse service to Christians and MAGAs.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
I wonder if he would make cakes for Satanic weddings.

If not, at least there would be some however slight religious justification for not doing so ... unlike the case under discussion.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Are they against his religion?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thankyou for the legal explanation.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What exactly did they want on the cake? I can't find that either. My google skills are deteriorating. I'm not asking the right questions or wording them correctly.

That would shed some light on the argument and give me enough information to make an informed opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
To claim that making a cake for anyone for any reason conflicts with religious beliefs is rather absurd on its face, particularly Christianity, which commands its followers to love their enemies, etc. etc. ...

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:43-48 New International Version (NIV)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are they against his religion?

Why is that relevant?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Isnt there a bunch of stuff against gay etc in ze Bible?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Edumakated

The rainbow is a sign from God promising never to destroy the earth
with another flood.The gay community stole the rainbow and corrupted
it's meaning to fit into their agenda.

www.wnd.com...

What a terrible thing to say. I don't think God is going to send anybody to hell for baking a cake.
Plus, the rainbow is not a biblical reference.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The Bible isn't against homosexuality itself. But that's for another topic.

I am not sure I understand your question. Against whose religion?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

There are prohibitions against physical coupling between those of the same sex. And against eating shrimp, tattoos and wearing more than one type of cloth on the body.

The Bible says nothing about marriage, aside from stating quite clearly that divorce is sinful in all cases except adultery.

Seems to me, the baker would be more concerned about not doing business with tattooed, shrimp-eating adulterers ...
edit on 4-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: format

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The rainbow Pride flag developed in homage to the memory of Judy Garland and the Stonewall Riots.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Seems to me, the baker would be more concerned about not doing business with adulterers ...

Or liars. God doesn't seem to care much for habitual liars.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Seems to me, the baker would be more concerned about not doing business with adulterers

He would have made Trump two cakes.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Indeed Angel ...

Proverbs 6:16-19: There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Do adulterers parade their adultery around on their sleeve like so many gays of the progressive variety seem to like to insist on these days?

Are we sure such a scene didnt go down in this bakery, that they werent all put off by their mannerisms and behavior at the time?

Are we to be expected to never be grossed out by certain people, and have t cater to them, no matter what?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Has the Supreme Court sided with freedom over feelings?

The Supreme Court sided with the feelings of the cake shop owners who were triggered when asked to decorate a cake for a gay wedding. And they sided against the freedom of the gay couple to have a cake decorated for them.
edit on 04pmMon, 04 Jun 2018 17:52:53 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The rainbow Pride flag developed in homage to the memory of Judy Garland and the Stonewall Riots.

See? This is one of the reasons why I miss you. A goldmine of info.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Does the ruling extend to transexuals?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join