It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I believe cakes are legal in all 50 states.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The funny thing is that the Republican Party is supposed to be the party of Christians.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The drama queens are nutters for even wanting to get married in the first place.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: angeldoll

Proverbs 6:16-19: There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

So that settles it! The Two Party System is the great abomination of all mankind.

Good one, lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I believe cakes are legal in all 50 states.

All 57 states, even.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

I see that some folks are simply not happy about the Commission being exposed as bigoted ignoramuses and therefore Jesus sucks even more now, and all Christians are the problem.

You need new glasses. Or did the sound of reeeeeeeeeee coming out of you make you misread posts here?

You need to stick to your convictions and ignore my posts, remember? Don't tell me this ignorant stupid Aussie triggers you this much?

[don't answer that, we both know]

link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes I have. If I wanted a cake, I would go to someone willing to take my money. Forcing someone will not change them. It will only harden their view. Being polite an showing them kindness and respect for their views is a better example.

link   

Cakes are legal.

Marijuana cakes in some states.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I see that some folks are simply not happy about the Commission being exposed as bigoted ignoramuses and therefore Jesus sucks even more now, and all Christians are the problem.

You need new glasses. Or did the sound of reeeeeeeeeee coming out of you make you misread posts here?

You need to stick to your convictions and ignore my posts, remember? Don't tell me this ignorant stupid Aussie triggers you this much?

[don't answer that, we both know]

LOL. Your whole post is a beautiful rant about something that doesn't exist in the first place.
Beautiful I tell ya.
Keep it up. I love it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm okay with this. I just defended the bigot bakers yesterday when my boyfriend said something along the lines of it being discrimination.

I asked him (he's a writer) if he'd be willing to write a commissioned fiction novel with a maga guy as the main protagonist and to pepper it with pro-trump language and he said "hell no". I asked him to explain the difference and he kinda conceded.

This isn't the same as saying they can't eat in your restaurant or get married by a clerk; it's an artisan choosing his art.

Took me a while to come to that conclusion but I've felt that way for a while.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Guess SCOTUS ruled in favor of the Colorado baker who refused to bake a gay wedding cake on religious grounds...

SCOTUS Ruling

The justices, in a 7-2 decision, faulted the Colorado Civil Rights Commission's handling of the claims brought against Jack Phillips, saying it had showed a hostility to religion. In doing so, the commission violated his religious rights under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Thoughts?

I don't think a business should be forced to serve anyone for any reason. Idiot businesses turning away hard earned cash will likely find themselves out of business. Secondly, if a company doesn't want my money, I am going to take my business elsewhere.

I've always found it fascinating that people would INSIST that someone that CLEARLY show no interest in baking a cake for them MUST bake them a cake.

Will that cake be made with the best attention to detail? The best work imaginable?

Wouldn't they be better served taking their business elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The funny thing is that the Republican Party is supposed to be the party of Christians.

Yep. They followed Gods law by freeing the slaves... and giving them the right to vote.

Dims were unanimously against God.

Sound familiar??

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Cakes are legal.

Then they should have got one where they were getting married.

They were already married, in New York I think. They wanted to have a reception in their hometown in Colorado.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yep. They followed Gods law by freeing the slaves... and giving them the right to vote.

Dims were unanimously against God.

Sound familiar??

Oh gawd not that nonsense again. Why people keep believing that is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The same baker makes cakes for dog weddings.

The Atlantic

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Abysha

The same baker makes cakes for dog weddings.

The Atlantic

Nice to see the baker holding dogs in high esteem over gay people.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yep. It was for a party- not for the actual wedding.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh well then, that's even more trivial.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Indeed. The article linked is quite factual, as opposed to the screed we see being promoted.

Colorado's laws against discrimination are very specific and obviously include the refusal to provide public accommodation based on sexual orientation (which is what the baker did.)

The Commission, on the other hand, made their decision not based on that fact, but on a spurious interpretation that one's religious beliefs are not equally important with other civil rights.

SCOTUS corrected that today. This is a win for Civil Rights.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

"She told him that the dog wedding cake would need to feed 20 people and should be decorated with the names 'Roscoe' and 'Buffy,'" the ACLU writes. "Without hesitation, Phillips quoted her a price and asked how soon she needed it."

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join