It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: kaylaluv

I won’t be letting liberal Nazis into my home for any random check. Are you seriously advocating for government operatives to enter peoples private homes and look for violations? Do you really think this would stop at guns?

This is one of the most asinine suggestions in the history of ATS.

Well, I've seen some outrageous suggestions, but this one is frighteningly dangerous.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I’m pro 2nd amendment, but this is the most ignorant thread I’ve ever seen.

Instead of jumping into the usual back and forth of this debate, how about we sit back and mourn for these murdered, innocent youth.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
www-m.cnn.com...

A 17 year old stole his fathers shotgun and revolver and shot up his school and killed 10 people.Will the media...

A. Give the story little coverage because they cant use it to push the "scary gun" ban
B. Reveal the true agenda and start covering more people saying "ban all guns" in order to move the narrative and get people used to idea.
C. Somehow still make it about AR-15s

This is a good case to watch because it lets us see what the debate would be like if all semiautomatic guns were banned. What do gun control people and "moderates" say when someone uses a pump gun, and a revolver to commit a mass killing as they would if semiautos were banned. Do they say "well.... we banned the bad guns. Nothing more to be done here" or do they move on to trying to ban the next set of arbitrarily defined tools.

I'd say it's a good time to look at what's changed because school shooting frequency was not as high as it is 20 years ago....or at least coverage of them...

We are breeding a more entitled society with no means to cope with their stresses, yet adding more stresses by pushing that you should be offended by almost everything.

We have all these kids on medications, electronics for babysitters, both parents working for the most part or single parents...

Etc...etc....I could go on and on about what could be the cause and it certainly isn't a gun.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Because we are raising another generation of pussy's.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

I wonder if schools started actually reprimanding bullys instead of trying to protect them more often then not, then maybe the bullied kids who don't get any help or support from the adults that they justifiably expect help and support from, would not jump to such crazy, angry, last-resort type decisions to commit a mass act of violence.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You read the link, I already did since it's literally the exact link I put in my initial comment to you.

The word "random" doesn't appear anywhere in that article. Unannounced visits can occur (but you didn't say unannounced, you said random) if the visit is based off specific intelligence of a threat.

Since you didn't read your own article, allow me to copy/paste the pertinent portion for you.

Where it is judged necessary, based on specific intelligence in light of a particular threat, or risk of harm, the police may undertake an unannounced home visit to check the security of a certificate holder's firearms and shotguns. It is not expected that the police will undertake an unannounced home visit at an unsocial hour unless there is a justified and specific requirement to do so on the grounds of crime prevention or public safety concerns and the police judge that this action is both justified and proportionate. It is recognised that there is no new power of entry for police or police staff when conducting home visits. To mitigate any misunderstanding on the part of the certificate holder the police must provide a clear and reasoned explanation to the certificate holder at the time of the visit.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this. 

Other countries may allow for random checks in your home.
In this country, that would be just a tad unconstitutional.

There are ways around it.

A teen gets put on probation 2 to 3 years.....court ordered stipulation no guns in home, random checks can be ordered at any time. It is common and in practice but when you got SJW's running the local system, the little teen monsters never make it in front of a Judge.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
you know what's wrong with modern culture?

forcing men to be little pussy boys who can't fight it out or express their aggression in a meaningful way

it's ingrained in us from tens of thousands of years of war and harsh living conditions, stop fighting human nature

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

I wonder if schools started actually reprimanding bullys instead of trying to protect them more often then not, then maybe the bullied kids who don't get any help or support from the adults that they justifiably expect help and support from, would not jump to such crazy, angry, last-resort type decisions to commit a mass act of violence.

Do schools even use detention anymore for wayward students? Or is that now considered unlawful imprisonment?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Perhaps after failing to push foward assault weapon bills, the new plan is to demonize all guns. I can see CNN digging up some fool to trot out and say "this is an 8 round shotgun. Militarys use it to clear hallways and rooms. When loaded with 3 inch shells it fires 15 seperate 33 caliber bullets in an instant. So in essence, this 8 round gun is really shooting 120 33 caliber bullets with 8 pulls of the trigger. Thats about 4 times more that an assault rifle, with bullets 50% wider" and then they would hand it off to some reporter to shoot as overdramaticly as possible.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Short answer: banning guns is missing the point.

I am not an American. But from the outside looking in, I see an incredibly small minority of lunatics whose actions in commiting mass shootings are driving a very vocal section of society to demand that all Americans have a basic constitutional right taken away.

This is a mental health problem, not a "gun" problem.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
American gun fetishists at work. It’s a shame so may children have to do so a few morons can have their precious. Too bad there isn’t a god. I would love to sit and watch these scum bags defend their opinions and actions before him. a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

edit on 18-5-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

The gun lover will be in line a long time cuz the abortion lover would be first in line to talk to God...
If there was a god...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The only way to stop school shootings with a large degree of success would be to set up a perimeter with no guns allowed by anyone but the person guarding the perimeter. Like a military base, court, airport..

The sticker on the door saying no guns allowed doesn't seem to work.

edit on 18-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

and one of the SRO's was shot and wounded while confronting the shooter.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
not a gun safe but a normal one in 2ish minutes

www.youtube.com...
this one about the same time but far less destructive using a tiny peice of metal to open it and re set its code
but use trigger locks you say!
www.youtube.com...
trigger lock defeated quickly with a screw driver

www.youtube.com... another one using just a screw driver and note these are more heavy duty then the ones that come with all hand guns sold in usa

even the more expensive gun safes made can all be compromised with the right tools and determined individuals with a youtube tutorial which kiddos these days are pretty crafty at finding on the net

the bulk of but not all safes are designed to deter smash and grab robberies and make it not worth it for the time invested with the risk of a break in a teen does not have those concerns ,they are also to protect from fire ,and in all fairness one did survive a f4 tornado but i think that was one of the 20-30,000 dollar safes vs what alot of people have in their homes kind of hard to mandate that some one spend that kind of money guess the bare minimum one most reccomend are at least 7,500 with graffunder being a safe with a separate safe inside

www.abc-7.com... and some times thieves just steal the whole thing to work on in their leisure not the best example for young kids but would apply to any one with a big enough truck which is why most safes should be bolted down but even some of those get stolen or broken into that is where having a safe alarm comes into play ,have it notify the police if its broken into or even an attempt

not all gun owners can afford the better safes that would resist the type of stuff this 3 year old does to open the various safes in the video but the video speaks for its self in how easy a 3 year old can get into some of the cheaper ones sold www.youtube.com...
www.forbes.com...

www.youtube.com... warning salty language so wont imbedd the video but shows 19 different safes being compromised relatively easily even getting around finger print locks

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I’m pro 2nd amendment, but this is the most ignorant thread I’ve ever seen.

Instead of jumping into the usual back and forth of this debate, how about we sit back and mourn for these murdered, innocent youth.

The dead are dead. Nothing changes that. Their deaths will be capitalized on immediately by people pushing agendas. Agendas that deny americans basic civil liberties. Its important that people call that out, than waiting around and saying nothing out of "respect". Everyone who knows me knows that if i ever got killed in some mass shooting, the absolute first thing i would want them to do is go on tv and talk about what horse# California concealed carry laws are, and if it wasnt for those id still be alive and to tell the California law makers that the blood is on their hands.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
isn't the real goal of the media to spark these "debates" to distract us and confuse us into accepting things which are false to seem reasonable and try to prove our point as more correct or to attempt compromise.

people on both sides keep saying the same thing, that america has a problem but do we actually? if you look you can see most school shootings are not actually on campus, related to the schools or even by students or even criminal activity and that mental illness rarely makes people violent towards others.

certainly there's problems but crime is still on the decline almost every year and real violent by student school shootings which qualify as a homicidal criminal action are also on the decline and are actually very rare. i got detailed on purpose with that description since people keep parroting false information on both sides.

one side exaggerates demanding bans or controls and otherwise acting panicked while the other side picks someone or something to blame as a tool for deflecting guilt they feel because the distorted statistics paint a picture they can't refute.

the media is trying to make people feel guilty for valuing the right to bear arms, making them change their position because they blame themselves for something that isn't really happening the way statistics say they are.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

An unannounced visit.

For the gun owner that is pretty much random, obviously Intel was given as I stated the police don't just do things for the sake of doing things.

Maybe I could have worded what I said better, then again it isn't me who's got a bee in their bonnet is it?

You entered the thread being a bell end so I'll leave you to it... To be a bell end.

link   

Guess he got those pipe bombs out of the gun cabnet eh?

Guess were going to ignore , AGAIN that we have another situation where people being cruel to another person finally pushed them over the edge? Gonna ignore the fact that STAFF actually made fun of him and picked on him?

That doesnt give him a pass with what he did.....

But its clear the problem here isnt an inanimate object, its how people are treating each other.....thats a head, heart, and culture problem not a gun problem.....

People now days are so self absorbed they dont care about what they do to anyone else or how their cruelty can affect them.....

We need to start looking at how were treating each other..........this forum is a pretty good proof of that......

Were so hell bent on being able to be nasty and vitriolic to each other the Site Owners had to create a damn sub-forum for it.......
edit on 5/18/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join