It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I was wondering when that would happen.
Now that everyone is scared of the AR, I knew that eventually a shooting would occur with a Shotgun and or a revolver.
Almost like it's a script, to get all guns feared and demonized by people.
What's next air guns? Have to ban them....you'll shoot your eye out kid.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
It just never got any coverage because the public wasnt sufficiently indoctrinated against "scary guns" enough to move onto pump shotguns.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm a fan of boxing gloves and a one on one, not many teachers are though.

It's not just about bullying either, when I was at college some numpty brought a machete in to chop up one of the mentor's because they happened to do their job, reporting illicit substances on campus.

That's mental health issues.

Anyways man, that's some paranoid stuff, how is one supposed to deal with a gang of bullies picking on, say a swat/geek at school?

Get them all one by one?

I've seen that before, the kid eventually ended up in hospital.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I’m anti-kids getting ripped by bullets from a gun that another kid got from his parents.

Why are you in favor of kids getting ripped by bullets from a gun that another kid got from his parents?
edit on 18-5-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: kaylaluv

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this. 

Other countries may allow for random checks in your home.
In this country, that would be just a tad unconstitutional.

An amendment is needed.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Well, he shouldn’t have been able to get hold of his father’s guns. Were they locked up like they should have been?

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this.

If they had been properly locked up, this kid wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

If Adam Lanza’s mother had properly locked hers up, he wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

Bingo. All of these shootings have kids getting a hold of their parents guns, or another adults guns. We need to make freaking PSA's informing parents they will be charged as accomplices for murder in the event their guns are used by a member of their household. That parents simply trust hormonal/impulsive creatures with access to guns blows my freakin mind.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I’m anti-kids getting ripped by bullets from a gun that another kid got from his parents.

Why are you in favor of kids getting ripped by bullets from a gun that another kid got from his parents?

Show me one person who is for kids getting ripped by bullets.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
More dead kids.

More posturing from the left and the right.

More “thoughts and prayers” that do nothing to solve the problems.

“Ban the guns!”

“It’s not the guns that are the problem, it’s the ‘mental health issues’ that are the problem!”

And more kids die.

Ok NRA, here’s a thought:

Put your money where your lobbying power goes and re-allocate say, 30% of the funds you collect toward funding and advocating for mental health programs.

You could even use the same catamount politicians you currently control by the short curlies to promote the cause.

After all...

“A Sane gun-owner is a Safe gun-owner”

Right?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Your edit to add that comment is just uncalled for. No one is in favor of anyone being shot. That's just an emotional response and it's truly disgusting.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: RAY1990

Except you didn't answer the actual question that was asked, did you?

And are the "random checks" you mention really random? I only ask because this article makes it sound like police need to have a reason to enter a home, and have to present that reason on arrival. That's sort of not exactly as "random" as your first comment makes it sound.

Wasn't so much of a question but a query, Kayla said "other nations do that" or something to that effect. It's all fairly clear who I replied to.

Link

As I remember it their was tweaks to the system, originally an appointment was made to inspect the premises.

Yes, normally the police would need a warrant to search the premises, without going into too much detail though police can search a building if they for instance have an arrest warrant for someone they suspect may be in the building. A few other scenarios can change that too.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yea cause a 17 yr old is to stupid to figure where things are stored and how to gain access to them...

I am more interested if this one was also heavily medicated to make them "acceptable" by societies standard.

edit on 18-5-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It was probably a false flag.

+9 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

An amendment is needed.

An amendment to allow the government to arbitrarily enter anybody's home, at any time, to conduct a "check" for no reason other than it was their turn?

Good Christ you just dig your heels in further and further.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I won’t be letting liberal Nazis into my home for any random check. Are you seriously advocating for government operatives to enter peoples private homes and look for violations? Do you really think this would stop at guns?

This is one of the most asinine suggestions in the history of ATS.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

As I remember it their was tweaks to the system, originally an appointment was made to inspect the premises.

So...not random then, as you initially said?

Yes, normally the police would need a warrant to search the premises, without going into too much detail though police can search a building if they for instance have an arrest warrant for someone they suspect may be in the building. A few other scenarios can change that too.

So...not random, as you initially said?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

An amendment is needed.

Definitely not. One of our basic rights protects us from warrantless search and seizure. The Patriot act has already crossed the line IMO. You don't cure the ills of society by trampling the rights of law abiding citizens.

I think it was Ben that said if you trade freedoms for security, you will end up with neither.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

But you've already lost, sir. She has played the ultimate in debate ending cards...

link   
I cannot believe an American would give up their right to privacy so willingly!

Spot checks without a warrant or reasonable cause? No thank you.

Lock up your instrument of self protection with the part needed to make it useful (ammunition) locked in a separate container? Please think that through or read it aloud to yourself so you can see how it sounds.

Why are schools targets? Hmmm, betting “No gun zone” might be a clue. A sure indication nothing can quickly stop your assault.

There are ways to prevent school shootings once folks get past their fear of guns, self-defense, trained law enforcement (and staff) on campuses, etc. These would be MUCH quicker to implement than grabbing everyones guns or restrictiing their Constitutional Rights.

This guy had a shotgun, a revolver, and IEDs (which everyone is ignoring). About time to get past AR-15s and “high capacity” magazines (and really, is 12 rounds really high capacity?). I mean you can get a revolver that holds 7 or 8 rounds.

It is the MENTAL MAKEUP of the perpetrator...not the instruments used.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

An amendment is needed.

And that would result in thousands of needless deaths.

🤔

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Things changed a bit when I grew up, only complete idiots and scum bullied indefensible people. It was rare but it still happened.

As I remember it, the nerds had it ok.

It was gangs and psychological torture that was one of the worst things I noticed, I dated a girl who had it really bad at one point. Had to change schools and stay away from certain neighborhoods. Parents at the time encouraged the bullying... Family fued kinda stuff.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Read the link, it states that random checks can be permitted.

I can provide many more if you wish.

Despite popular belief in the US, our police often reserve the right to do certain things, in no way does that mean they cannot do those things.

Yes, unannounced visits to gun owners AKA "random checks" can occur.
edit on 18-5-2018 by RAY1990 because: More to add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join