It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution, the facts that inform the theory'?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Noinden

Fact is he doesn't want answers in this or any other thread he makes...

Hes here to mock those that actually understand a bit of science

His best answers are "thats dumb" or just toss insults around... mainly because he doesn't understand anything about science

Thats what home schooling will do for you

This is the only problem with a free forum... stupidity is allowed to run wild because its still an opinion

Stupidity?
Ak, you have never offered a single thing valid
Your above post seems a good reflection of your scientific capacity and you say I home schooled. I evidently cause you enough grief and fear you need to chop and hack away
Indicates something to me ak, indicates you are scared
At least the clown possie who show up try, you, never nothing but trolling

You haveva firm grasp on the stupidity crown and an untouchable lead

You go girl

I hounestly don't see any value in any of your comments in this forum
Maybe you and Coombs should go play star wars toys together

edit on 24-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

And you are welcome to do that CCG
It's not my buisnes, believe what you want
I asked a question in my op, I don't care what you believe, this thread is not about you
What is it with you and attention seeking
Grow up, cut the childish nonsense

As for flat earthers, they are welcome to their beliefs as much as you are to yours

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't believe in anything unverifiable, from god claims to abiogenesis. I keep an open mind, you should try that yourself, or even share your beliefs with the class?
You need to take a chill pill as well, you are very hostile in your replies, have you had a bad week or something?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I don't believe in anything unverifiable, from god claims to abiogenesis. I keep an open mind, you should try that yourself, or even share your beliefs with the class?
You need to take a chill pill as well, you are very hostile in your replies, have you had a bad week or something?

I don't mind what you believe in relation to this thread, I don't care

Let me point you to the op, read it, answer the question
It's not about God, gods, trolls or abiogenesis

Again, understand, again this thread isn't here for your attention seeking neediness

I am not interested in you or your opinion, however the question posed in the op needs attention

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'll leave you to it then, it's a pretty crap thread anyway, the way you manage it dishing out childlike insults instead of having a mature conversation.
You want to know about the evidence supporting the theory of evolution just go google it yourself instead of begging ATS to answer your questions.
Yep absolutely lame thread, and bordering on just old fashioned trolling.
You don't want a conversation at all, just information you could easily search yourself, but don't.

EDIT
And to be absolutely clear, I don't care what you think either, you amuse me more than anything.
edit on 24-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thank you

For leaving

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No problem

...and hopefully others will see your lame bait thread for what it is then ignore it so it withers and dies.
Plenty of superior threads on ATS where the OP is actually interested in a conversation instead of being hostile and simply asking "I'm too lazy to google evidence to support the theory of evolution so I'll ask ATS instead", lame fella, and you need to sort your unfriendly attitude out, I bet you wouldn't speak to half the people like you do online if you were in the pub face to face.
So yes, goodbye babycakes, I'm sorry we couldn't make it work, just your parameters of our short relationship were too narrow for me...I'll always love you though babe x

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: peter vlar

The sad thing Pete is you want to believe, in no way is this evidence, you are just holding onto faith.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to fall asleep at night is fine with me. But the post you’re replying to didn’t actually have anything to do with Evolution or the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis. I was simply pointing out that “whereislogic” needed to locate a little logic before trying to make claims that aren’t actually supported by their own source material.

The science, the hard science is inconclusive

Regarding my post about the validity of abiogenesis or other hypothesis regarding life’s origins on earth? Of course it’s inconclusive. That’s why it’s a hypothesis.

But if you’re trying to claim that evidence demonstrating biological evolution is inconclusive, go ahead and keep your eyes covered and your fingers in your ears champ. That’s the only way to make the claims you do, by keeping your
Own head buried in the sand.

You just step your faith up to the top level, extreme faith

Wow... such deep insight that you have!

In all that wall of words, nothing I can refute, just faith

No, the reason that you can’t and won’t try to refute the ‘wall of words’ is because you don’t know the science well enough to do so and you know you would end up looking like more of a fool so instead you resort to petty, ad hominem Gish Gallops to run in circles and hope nobody catches on to your complete and willful ignorance to how Evolutionary Biology works. Which is fine. You dislike science and refuse to expand your mind into emareas that disagree with some fundamental flaw n yourself. Just admit that you disagree with evolution and refuse to learn any thin that contradicts your tiny world view. See, in all the years you’ve been at this, you keep restating the same tired catch phrases over and over ad nauseum as if you can actually support your position and it’s veered away from humor and run straight into
pathetic sadness. Unless of course you’re merely trolling. If that’s the case, then my hats off to you sir at a job well done!

There are no facts to inform a theory

Sure there are. There are, literally, countless facts that support the MES spread out over hundreds of thousands of peer reviewed papers and articles. Myself and others have provided you with more evidence and more defense than the average Master Degree candidate musters to defend their thesis.

Your refusal to acknowledge those facts doesn’t make them less real or less factual nor does constantly telling other people that their understanding of science is merely faith make it true. Essentially, you live in the Sponge Bob Squarepants episode “Opposite Day” where everything you claim or state is actually the opposite of how it is in realty.

Keep up the hard work pal. Your one of the most entertaining characters being played on ATS

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

PMSL!

The OP will come back at you with something lame like 'you still cannot prove evolution' or something, it's hilarious reading, but I'm done replying to the troll, he's too hostile.
I'll reply to other people here though if they want a mature conversation, just not the childlike responses of the OP.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Oh dear, CCG has threatened to leave,again, pmsl,rofl, rofpmsl
As if
You were done many threads ago

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I am the one being played but here you are in this thread trolling your faith
I just asked for evidence
Hundreds of thousands of peer reviewed papers and yet, you can't find them
Surely this thread would have ended at page onemor two if you did show the requested information
Masters degree in evolution theology?

Sorry I,didn't pick up the reasoning about modern evolutionary synthesis,,see I have had to put up,with the most ridiculous and bizzare statements, another ridiculous comment, well I expect anything and everything from whatever you believe.
I mean look,at all the white noise around here by certain people trying to score points

Good luck Pete

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
LMAO, for the record, I'm ignoring the OP hence not clicking reply to create this post.
The member is just hostile, and this is an absolute bait troll thread where he is asking for evidence of a scientific theory because he is too lazy to research it themself.
It is hilarious, but people, don't even bother feeding the troll with actual evidence, he'll merely dismiss it and be unfriendly towards you.

The OP hasn't even got the confidence to state his own position and belief about evolution...probably because he knows it will be destroyed through reasoned argument in minutes.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Cornish or corny

Did you forget you were going
Don't understand English
Confused by your own words
Your a little bit needy arnt you ccg, need attention, need to be the man, the alpha male
There is not much alpha about being needy

Toodles buddy, unless you are going to answer the question asked in the first post
You know, what this thread is about.
The question I posed. Little hint, it wasn't about you, this thread is not about you
Feel free to leave

My position about evolution,,everyone else knows it, be sure of that
There is not enough evidence for me to believe in evolution, stated clearly...
Now, tail between legs buddy, off you go
edit on 24-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I’m sure that it will be some lame, stock reply that he has used scores of times like ‘Peter I don’t know why you hate science so Much’ or some garbled BS about faith or if I’m really lucky, a combination insult! Keep in mind that despite the raggedymandingo’s posturing, he isn’t actually looking for an answer to the posited inquiry in the OP. Before the Mods # it down temporarily and then edited out part of his OP, he straight up admitted that the entire premise of this thread was to troll people and mock them for their beliefs. Unless of course those beliefs aren’t too far away from what he claims his own are. It’s why people like ‘whereislogic’ get a free pass despite the entire basis of that persons beliefs coming straight from JW.org or the Watchtower magazine. Raggedy doesn’t even mind when people like that contradict him as long as they keep adding to the word salad obfuscation project.

The fact that I rankled and flummoxed him enough in another thread that he needed to create this one with the intent of openly mocking and deriding me says a lot about his personal insecurities. But that all hinges on Raggedy actually believing what he types and I’m not entirely convinced of that.

Regardless of his rationale (or lack there of) there are a lot of people who lurk this site and especially this forum, so if I can keep them from a state of confusion by countering nonsense that wouldn’t get past my 10 year old and show them what a citationnis and how to support an argument then it’s worth putting up with the shadiness and the people who don’t have a genuine interest in an open dialogue.

This site used to be about exploring ideas and sharing information. It seems these days as if it’s a training ground for far right political hacks and far right religious nutters who aren’t at all Interested in sharing ideas. Only in shutting down those ideas they disagree with. If I get one person to look at both sides of the equation and make their own mind up based on informed consent and access to knowledge, then it doesn’t matter if they agree with me or not. It’s more important that they learn to think for themselves and look at all sides of a problem before lock-in all of the doors and windows.

The very religious who oppose theories like the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis approach it from...”this doesn’t agree with my faiths views on any science related to Biology so let’s look for any citation that looks like it proves evolution to be wrong. And then they come in and tell us that we hate science or don’t know how to do science when they wouldn’t know the scientific method if it was a Pitbull that just but then in tge ass.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does anyone else get as entertained with the OP's unfriendly and hostile attitude as I do?
Absolutely hilarious, not enough evidence for him to believe in the theory of evolution then whining on a forum asking for other members to provide him with examples of evidence.
It's a totally troll thread people, don't buy into it, just chuckle at how childlike the premise of the OP is.
He doesn't want to learn, he just wants to disagree...probably had a bad week shaking his cane at kids playing on his lawn lol

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh look, he is back
Again and
Again and
Again and
Again....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Fight the good fight brother

I'll grab some popcorn and enjoy reading your replies destroying the OP's silly, troll like, and faith based assertions.
As I said, I'm ignoring the OP now, but I'll reply to anyone else, and enjoy the chuckle reading the ravings of the OP.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hey Pete
You read the same home school text book as Ak?
Say anything but don't address the question in the op

It's fun to feed the trolls
Why are you frightened by science?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

I’m sure that it will be some lame, stock reply that he has used scores of times like ‘Peter I don’t know why you hate science so Much’ or some garbled BS about faith or if I’m really lucky, a combination insult! Keep in mind that despite the raggedymandingo’s posturing, he isn’t actually looking for an answer to the posited inquiry in the OP. Before the Mods # it down temporarily and then edited out part of his OP, he straight up admitted that the entire premise of this thread was to troll people and mock them for their beliefs. Unless of course those beliefs aren’t too far away from what he claims his own are. It’s why people like ‘whereislogic’ get a free pass despite the entire basis of that persons beliefs coming straight from JW.org or the Watchtower magazine. Raggedy doesn’t even mind when people like that contradict him as long as they keep adding to the word salad obfuscation project.

The fact that I rankled and flummoxed him enough in another thread that he needed to create this one with the intent of openly mocking and deriding me says a lot about his personal insecurities. But that all hinges on Raggedy actually believing what he types and I’m not entirely convinced of that.

Regardless of his rationale (or lack there of) there are a lot of people who lurk this site and especially this forum, so if I can keep them from a state of confusion by countering nonsense that wouldn’t get past my 10 year old and show them what a citationnis and how to support an argument then it’s worth putting up with the shadiness and the people who don’t have a genuine interest in an open dialogue.

This site used to be about exploring ideas and sharing information. It seems these days as if it’s a training ground for far right political hacks and far right religious nutters who aren’t at all Interested in sharing ideas. Only in shutting down those ideas they disagree with. If I get one person to look at both sides of the equation and make their own mind up based on informed consent and access to knowledge, then it doesn’t matter if they agree with me or not. It’s more important that they learn to think for themselves and look at all sides of a problem before lock-in all of the doors and windows.

The very religious who oppose theories like the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis approach it from...”this doesn’t agree with my faiths views on any science related to Biology so let’s look for any citation that looks like it proves evolution to be wrong. And then they come in and tell us that we hate science or don’t know how to do science when they wouldn’t know the scientific method if it was a Pitbull that just but then in tge ass.

I'm quoting you in the hope that this doesn't get lost at the bottom of the page.
Your points are explained perfectly, and I agree, the OP as originally posted was with the intention to troll, I saw it.
The thing is though, if the OP was friendly it could actually be an interesting conversation.
But the OP doesn't actually want that...your ten year old could probably articulate a better argument than the OP does lol

EDIT
Didn't work, the OP will get the first rant on the next page now probably lol, I tried

edit on 24-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Hey Pete
You read the same home school text book as Ak?
Say anything but don't address the question in the op

It's fun to feed the trolls
Why are you frightened by science?

Awwwww it’s so cute when you don’t actually have an argument so your only recourse is to slander people. The thing is, I’ve fallen for that before with you and every single time, you either refuse to read it and state as much or dismiss it with a wave of the hand as if the information requested wasn’t provided. Why on earth would anyone engage you when you aren’t actually looking for an answer to your alleged question? At least your consistent! Dull, uninteresting, devoid of intellectual curiosity... but consistent. If you ever get over your bloated sense of self importance and want to have an actual dialogue instead of sneaking straight up troll threads past the mods, I’m more than holy to entertain the notion. But don’t pretend that you were asking a sincere question when you and I and the mods know exactly what your OP stated before they edited it out.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join