It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution, the facts that inform the theory'?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
Awwwww it’s so cute when you don’t actually have an argument so your only recourse is to slander people. The thing is, I’ve fallen for that before with you and every single time, you either refuse to read it and state as much or dismiss it with a wave of the hand as if the information requested wasn’t provided. Why on earth would anyone engage you when you aren’t actually looking for an answer to your alleged question? At least your consistent! Dull, uninteresting, devoid of intellectual curiosity... but consistent. If you ever get over your bloated sense of self importance and want to have an actual dialogue instead of sneaking straight up troll threads past the mods, I’m more than holy to entertain the notion. But don’t pretend that you were asking a sincere question when you and I and the mods know exactly what your OP stated before they edited it out.

Agreed, and very well put

I think you sum things up perfectly here.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Stupidity?

yup... watch...

Your reply to Peter Vlar

Hey Pete
You read the same home school text book as Ak?
Say anything but don't address the question in the op

It's fun to feed the trolls
Why are you frightened by science?

Telling a scientist that he afraid of science... That is the very definition of stupidity, considering You don't know anything about science... demonstrated in multiple threads

Thats like telling an NHL player he hates Hockey...

Or like telling a NASCAR driver hes afraid of turning the wheel

Your stupidity is second to none... Maybe the flat earther

maybe

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, the very definitions of stupidity and irony are on full display. Starting a thread where you admitmin the OP that you are trolling people and referencing me specifically before turning around and calling me a troll. And I’ll bet he did it with a straight face no less haha

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Raggedy has never read a scientific paper in evolutionary biology but he knows they are all wrong.
Raggedy has never been in a lab, can't interpret laboratory data but he knows that none of it is "empirical".
Raggedy doesn't know the difference between a theory and a fact but he can criticize others who do know.
Raggedy has a pet dinosaur who can talk and has convinced him that he's right. Please don't confuse him with the facts.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He is someone who disagrees with evolution because we can't show him a fish turning into a cat...

I was pretty sure that he was just trolling, but after him using "Answers in Genesis" as a citation its obvious

Religious fundamentalism is actually a disease of the mind...

it not only promotes confirmation bias, but prevents one from actually looking into things that go against the grain of their belief system

The end result is... Raggityman

Uneducated, but has all the answers...

No need of actually investigating what hes asking for because he KNOWS is wrong already.

Pure comedy for those that actually understand science, yet somehow he still has people that back his idiocy

Which unfortunately means... Theres a lot just like him

Maybe some of our species has De-evolved... now lacking ability to learn?

I mean... he just keeps going

edit on 24-5-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'm not an evolutionist lad nor an atheist. I also don't try to force my faith on others. Unlike say you.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What I enjoy most is to see the reaction a simple question receives
The unfettered anger and abuse
Then public tete a tete, the gross uncivilized hostility in words as some internet dummy twists the knife into them golden calf

It's a bunch of sideshow freaks, all attacking each other due to a lack of evidence in their chosen faiths
Just introduced my friends 17 year old son to Kent Hovind, yep, I am creating another me

Isn't that funny

You may cal me names,gentlemen but look, above, your replys
If I am naught, why are you so terrified of my words and questions

I easily dismiss your arguments, my arguments, just like science, terrify you

Please understand many people read your words, your fear and lose faith in evolution because you offer nothing, just attack, you have nothing valid, you never have
You have to make this personal because there is no informatiomn n to address the question posed in the op

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Yes, I asked for the evidence, the facts that inform the theory
Yes as someone told me existed, yes as I guessed a lie by them because the facts that inform the theory don't exist
Is it otherwise, then show me them

Why are you in fear of science Pete

Admit there is evidence or say there isn't, don't be afraid of the truth, don't run and hide behind your faith
Show me the evidence
Answer the question

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I'm not an evolutionist lad nor an atheist. I also don't try to force my faith on others. Unlike say you.

I don't care what you are
Answer the question posed in the op noindie

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Please understand many people read your words,

You're the only one here that clearly doesn't understand that...

Though i don't think you mind making a donkey of yourself

Because you don't even realize you're doing it...lol

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I did Raggy. You clearly do care, as you keep applying terms that are wrong. You quite simply refuse to read what people type.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Please understand many people read your words,

You're the only one here that clearly doesn't understand that...

Though i don't think you mind making a donkey of yourself

Because you don't even realize you're doing it...lol

There is a question in the op ak
Please have a crack

Only a retard would attack
If his intelligence does lack
Naught more than a scientific hack

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Neighbour, that Gish Gallop you typed is nothing but empty words. Many of us have answered your quiestion, in this thread and others.

You never attack the data, you attack the person. This makes you at fault.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don't see a point considering you can find the information easily yourself... though you choose not to

And just so you understand, YOU are the one that has been attacking the evidence this entire time

Others such as myself just give you the appropriate names...

i suppose retard would work though thats a little crass

in any case i'll try the religious approach... since its something you understand

Claim

No new species have been observed.
(Morris, Henry M., 1986. The vanishing case for evolution.)
www.icr.org... ( morons )

Answers

1. New species have arisen in historical times. For example:

A new species of mosquito, isolated in London's Underground, has speciated from Culex pipiens (Byrne and Nichols 1999; Nuttall 1998).

Helacyton gartleri is the HeLa cell culture, which evolved from a human cervical carcinoma in 1951. The culture grows indefinitely and has become widespread (Van Valen and Maiorana 1991).

A similar event appears to have happened with dogs relatively recently. Sticker's sarcoma, or canine transmissible venereal tumor, is caused by an organism genetically independent from its hosts but derived from a wolf or dog tumor (Zimmer 2006; Murgia et al. 2006).

Several new species of plants have arisen via polyploidy (when the chromosome count multiplies by two or more) (de Wet 1971). One example is Primula kewensis (Newton and Pellew 1929).

2. Incipient speciation, where two subspecies interbreed rarely or with only little success, is common. Here are just a few examples:

Rhagoletis pomonella, the apple maggot fly, is undergoing sympatric speciation. Its native host in North America is Hawthorn (Crataegus spp.), but in the mid-1800s, a new population formed on introduced domestic apples (Malus pumila). The two races are kept partially isolated by natural selection (Filchak et al. 2000).
The mosquito Anopheles gambiae shows incipient speciation between its populations in northwestern and southeastern Africa (Fanello et al. 2003; Lehmann et al. 2003).
Silverside fish show incipient speciation between marine and estuarine populations (Beheregaray and Sunnucks 2001).

3. Ring species show the process of speciation in action. In ring species, the species is distributed more or less in a line, such as around the base of a mountain range. Each population is able to breed with its neighboring population, but the populations at the two ends are not able to interbreed. (In a true ring species, those two end populations are adjacent to each other, completing the ring.) Examples of ring species are

the salamander Ensatina, with seven different subspecies on the west coast of the United States. They form a ring around California's central valley. At the south end, adjacent subspecies klauberi and eschscholtzi do not interbreed (Brown n.d.; Wake 1997).
greenish warblers (Phylloscopus trochiloides), around the Himalayas. Their behavioral and genetic characteristics change gradually, starting from central Siberia, extending around the Himalayas, and back again, so two forms of the songbird coexist but do not interbreed in that part of their range (Irwin et al. 2001; Whitehouse 2001; Irwin et al. 2005).
the deer mouse (Peromyces maniculatus), with over fifty subspecies in North America.
many species of birds, including Parus major and P. minor, Halcyon chloris, Zosterops, Lalage, Pernis, the Larus argentatus group, and Phylloscopus trochiloides (Mayr 1942, 182-183).
the American bee Hoplitis (Alcidamea) producta (Mayr 1963, 510).
the subterranean mole rat, Spalax ehrenbergi (Nevo 1999).

4. Evidence of speciation occurs in the form of organisms that exist only in environments that did not exist a few hundreds or thousands of years ago. For example:

In several Canadian lakes, which originated in the last 10,000 years following the last ice age, stickleback fish have diversified into separate species for shallow and deep water (Schilthuizen 2001, 146-151).
Cichlids in Lake Malawi and Lake Victoria have diversified into hundreds of species. Parts of Lake Malawi which originated in the nineteenth century have species indigenous to those parts (Schilthuizen 2001, 166-176).
A Mimulus species adapted for soils high in copper exists only on the tailings of a copper mine that did not exist before 1859 (Macnair 1989).

There is further evidence that speciation can be caused by infection with a symbiont. A Wolbachia bacterium infects and causes postmating reproductive isolation between the wasps Nasonia vitripennis and N. giraulti (Bordenstein and Werren 1997).

www.talkorigins.org...

Now that i've wasted your time doing your work, which is quite simple even for you...

I shall return to my regularly scheduled mocking of stupidity at its best

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You never attack the data

Sure he does...

He calls it "dumb" lol

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Typical you Talk Origins, the site for wannabe scientists
It's a site for idiots, constantly debunked

Pathetic ak
Talk origins is nothing more than junk and not worth my time

I will send you to answers in Genesis to refute you
Grow up, answer the question in the op

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Coming from the guy that uses Ken Ham's garbage as a citation

Try reading it

staying true to form as always... you crazy fundy

edit on 24-5-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't see a point considering you can find the information easily yourself... though you choose not to

And just so you understand, YOU are the one that has been attacking the evidence this entire time

Others such as myself just give you the appropriate names...

i suppose retard would work though thats a little crass

in any case i'll try the religious approach... since its something you understand

Claim

No new species have been observed.
(Morris, Henry M., 1986. The vanishing case for evolution.)
www.icr.org... ( morons )

Answers

1. New species have arisen in historical times. For example:

A new species of mosquito, isolated in London's Underground, has speciated from Culex pipiens (Byrne and Nichols 1999; Nuttall 1998).

Helacyton gartleri is the HeLa cell culture, which evolved from a human cervical carcinoma in 1951. The culture grows indefinitely and has become widespread (Van Valen and Maiorana 1991).

A similar event appears to have happened with dogs relatively recently. Sticker's sarcoma, or canine transmissible venereal tumor, is caused by an organism genetically independent from its hosts but derived from a wolf or dog tumor (Zimmer 2006; Murgia et al. 2006).

Several new species of plants have arisen via polyploidy (when the chromosome count multiplies by two or more) (de Wet 1971). One example is Primula kewensis (Newton and Pellew 1929).

2. Incipient speciation, where two subspecies interbreed rarely or with only little success, is common. Here are just a few examples:

Rhagoletis pomonella, the apple maggot fly, is undergoing sympatric speciation. Its native host in North America is Hawthorn (Crataegus spp.), but in the mid-1800s, a new population formed on introduced domestic apples (Malus pumila). The two races are kept partially isolated by natural selection (Filchak et al. 2000).
The mosquito Anopheles gambiae shows incipient speciation between its populations in northwestern and southeastern Africa (Fanello et al. 2003; Lehmann et al. 2003).
Silverside fish show incipient speciation between marine and estuarine populations (Beheregaray and Sunnucks 2001).

3. Ring species show the process of speciation in action. In ring species, the species is distributed more or less in a line, such as around the base of a mountain range. Each population is able to breed with its neighboring population, but the populations at the two ends are not able to interbreed. (In a true ring species, those two end populations are adjacent to each other, completing the ring.) Examples of ring species are

the salamander Ensatina, with seven different subspecies on the west coast of the United States. They form a ring around California's central valley. At the south end, adjacent subspecies klauberi and eschscholtzi do not interbreed (Brown n.d.; Wake 1997).
greenish warblers (Phylloscopus trochiloides), around the Himalayas. Their behavioral and genetic characteristics change gradually, starting from central Siberia, extending around the Himalayas, and back again, so two forms of the songbird coexist but do not interbreed in that part of their range (Irwin et al. 2001; Whitehouse 2001; Irwin et al. 2005).
the deer mouse (Peromyces maniculatus), with over fifty subspecies in North America.
many species of birds, including Parus major and P. minor, Halcyon chloris, Zosterops, Lalage, Pernis, the Larus argentatus group, and Phylloscopus trochiloides (Mayr 1942, 182-183).
the American bee Hoplitis (Alcidamea) producta (Mayr 1963, 510).
the subterranean mole rat, Spalax ehrenbergi (Nevo 1999).

4. Evidence of speciation occurs in the form of organisms that exist only in environments that did not exist a few hundreds or thousands of years ago. For example:

In several Canadian lakes, which originated in the last 10,000 years following the last ice age, stickleback fish have diversified into separate species for shallow and deep water (Schilthuizen 2001, 146-151).
Cichlids in Lake Malawi and Lake Victoria have diversified into hundreds of species. Parts of Lake Malawi which originated in the nineteenth century have species indigenous to those parts (Schilthuizen 2001, 166-176).
A Mimulus species adapted for soils high in copper exists only on the tailings of a copper mine that did not exist before 1859 (Macnair 1989).

There is further evidence that speciation can be caused by infection with a symbiont. A Wolbachia bacterium infects and causes postmating reproductive isolation between the wasps Nasonia vitripennis and N. giraulti (Bordenstein and Werren 1997).

www.talkorigins.org...

Now that i've wasted your time doing your work, which is quite simple even for you...

I shall return to my regularly scheduled mocking of stupidity at its best

Why do you have to be so dumb and insult science so much hate for the science. We all know that the mosquito isn’t evidence of evolution. It’s barely adaptation. If your mosquito had laid eggs that birthed a moth or butterfly that skipped over the chrysalis stage then you might have had an argument. But mosquitos turning into mosquitos? Even you home schooled by grandma hacks can do better than that pathetic scientific insult. When will you rewards understand that you can’t orove macro evolution?! Why do our refuse to show me an elephant giving birth to a humming bird?!?! Such a waste of time that Indidnt even have to read your post to know that you hate science and don’t know how to do the science properly.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Thats not an attack, it is a description of his ability to argue

Viz : temporarily unable or unwilling to speak

In reality he never breaks down a paper, and deconstructs it.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join