It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution, the facts that inform the theory'?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Well he would have to actually read something to debunk it

We know he doesn't read anything, even as per my example above... took me three seconds to find that

might not be the greatest source, but every point has its citations in the link provided

IF he spent half the time reading what people provide as opposed to flappin his gums... he might learn something

ok.. we know he won't learn anything either... back to my de-evolution theory... apparently he lacks the ability to learn anything...

basically he just needed an excuse NOT to read by saying the website is bunk...

Answers in Genesis is all good though...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The problem here is most of us are convinced that he is simply trolling in his posts. The other possibility is that he honestly believes all he types. One is scary, and one is disappointing.

But he seems to think all people who agree evolution is the best possibility for the variation of life are atheists. Never mind many of the lead researchers into evolution hold deep set religious convictions (they are not fanatical however, which is the difference). The question really is, have any of us met a moderate creationist?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I thought he was trolling, but now that i know he aligns himself with Ken Ham... i have no doubt he has no interest in actual learning... or even attempting to read anything that might prove his question

Even Christians shun that asshat... Ken Ham proved himself to me a complete moron in his debate with Bill Nye

And Raggity tosses his website around like it has all the answers... but in reality it has zero

This thread could go on for a thousand pages, and he will still be blabbering on with the same responses

As i've said previously... he doesn't want answers.... His threads are designed to mock those that understand a bit of science... when he doesn't even understand the word

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

These threads tend to go on forever. Mainly because a new "white knight" creationist tags in, and asks the same bloody questions over and over, then it repeats with another Cabal member tagging in etc.

I'm on the fence over his trolling or not. I lean towards him being on one of the spectrum's to be honest.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Look over the answers in Genesis website...

It will probably get ya off that fence

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Nah, though I probably know enough discordians to be suspicious of these things.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

These threads tend to go on forever. Mainly because a new "white knight" creationist tags in, and asks the same bloody questions over and over, then it repeats with another Cabal member tagging in etc.

I'm on the fence over his trolling or not. I lean towards him being on one of the spectrum's to be honest.

Funny, I asked and am still asking a question
You can't focus on an answer
You have made this about everything but an answer

Spectrum, you havnt a clue

Why do you make this about everything but the answer

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Because you cant handle the truth youngling.

It hurts only because you make it hurt.

Master Coomba
(Your female friendly companion)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Noinden

Funny, I asked and am still asking a question
You can't focus on an answer
You have made this about everything but an answer

Spectrum, you havnt a clue

Why do you make this about everything but the answer

You have been given answers, you just refuse to believe that they exist before screaming nonsense about them and then pretending that you've won. And you do this on thread after thread after thread.
You have not.
As a consequence this thread, like many others, is pointless.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Because you cant handle the truth youngling.

It hurts only because you make it hurt.

Master Coomba
(Your female friendly companion)

Go play with your Star Wars toys Coombs

I asked a question to some adults, awaiting their replies

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Ok Angry, you are right, I have been given answers, sadly the answers are invalid
See, I asked to see more information .....

You know what, it's pointless, you havnt read the thread and it's just pissing into the wind

This thread addressed a serious question, the answer never appeared, it was not a failure, it wasn't pointless, it proved that there are no facts to inform the theory

Not pointless at all, no facts, that's a fact

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Are you able to quickly summarise what questions you have asked. In that way you can refocus the discussion. Just a summary, please.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Are you able to quickly summarise what questions you have asked. In that way you can refocus the discussion. Just a summary, please.

Can somebody show me the facts that inform the theory of evolution...
That's it,,all of it

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Hey there Padawan, I'd play with my star wars toys but I got a situation with my G.I.Joe toy in the bath last night.
You know how the story goes.

Like I said in my previous post youngling, your argument is kin to the flat earthers denying gravity exists.

And my and many others posts that try to explain the difference between a natural phenomenon, and a scientific theory that explains said natural phenomenon.

But you know how it always ends up youngling, it ends up with you trying to put a square block in a circle hole. Then denying the possibility that your actually wrong and refusing to look around. Cause you might end up finding the square hole which then invalidates your world view.

The evidence is there, the evidence has been given and given and given.

And if you want to talk to adults..... how about bloody acting like one!!! Cause you have the demeanor of a child who missed out at cookie time.

Master Coomba
edit on 25-5-2018 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Can somebody show me the facts that inform the theory of evolution...

I have a suspicion that this has already been covered and that your tolerance for facts is low, but here goes.

Firstly, context. To loosely quote the esteemed biologist Douglas Futuyma "A fact is a hypotheses which is so overwhelmingly supported by evidence that we can assume it's true".

In the Theory of Evolution we have evidence that evolution happens. It's such a massively researched subject, but I'll offer...

Common traits - We know that inheritance of genetic traits happen. My son looks like me, for example, (which is a relief). If you extend this across time and you get to common ancestors at a species level. The fossil record of the evolution of the horse is well documented, for example. However, look to how cauliflowers, or broccoli came about; they both evolved from wild mustard. This is direct evidence, whether you believe it or not.

When looking at an animal, or plant, you should consider three things, as part of your journey of self discovery in this subject.

- Does it share similarities with another species that suggests a close relationship?
- Is there evidence of progressive change over time? The fossil record is one thing, but just look at how tomatoes, or sheep have changed with selective breeding etc... Often, when we talk of time, we talk of a very long time indeed, but in the case of tomatoes change occurs at decade-level.
- Does it have remanent or traits from past generations at a visual, physiological and genetic level. The human genome certainly does.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well that's a great suggestion, a great answer, a valid statement
Now we just have to see if it's actually a fact that informs the theory of evolution

Common traits, I
Ike that word common

Can you show me where new genetic information is added in these things

Let's take carrots, they use to be purple, in their genetic information was the colour orange

No no no...
None of what you have shown me is evidence of new genetic information being added
Tomatoes are tomatoes, irrespective their shape, sheep are still sheep, irrespective their breed. Stop and think,mare sheep so goats, are they gaining goat DNA, no

The fossil record is not complete, millions of fossils away from it

All you have offered is assumption and best guess, it's not science, you are fooling yourself

Remnants of traits,mwhat are they, show me, ears, teeth, toes, what are you talking about?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

I can be a Christian and accept evolution, I know many Christians who do

Try again

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I can be a Christian and accept evolution, I know many Christians who do

Try again

Yet you argue against evolution and ridicule the ones that do youngling!!

So in essence you are a Christian who does NOT accept evolution, a Christian who's attitude towards other people would disgust Jesus Christ [in your worldview].

So try again.

Master Coomba

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

what, did you just ask me if I didn't accept evolution, seriously?
Please accept my apologies for hurting your feelings and making you sad

Now, let's work on the question posed in the op

Don't be a sook, go play star wars

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

what, did you just ask me if I didn't accept evolution, seriously?
Please accept my apologies for hurting your feelings and making you sad

Now, let's work on the question posed in the op

Don't be a sook, go play star wars

This is the problem with homeschooling.

Where ohh where did I ask a question? I inferred cause I actually believe you dont believe in evolution. You just like playing the troll which you have admitted at doing many times. Hell, even your OP post Mod interference out right said you were trolling.

Dont know where you think you have hurt my feelings. As Master, a Padawan's words cannot reach the level of my abstract intellect! For a 3rd dimensional being cannot perceive the way of a 4th dimensional being.

Bankai!!!!!

And I cant play star wars youngling, you know the G.I.Joe incident. And no I dont wanna talk about it.

Master Coomba
edit on 25-5-2018 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join